Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A lot of connection errors after the May, 9 maintenance.

petanko
petanko
✭✭
Hello.
I keep getting a lot of various connection errors after yesterday's maintenance: "Lost lobby connection", "Connection timed out", "Connection lost", and "An error has occurred" - a complete set.
After successful login (with many failures during login, then during character load), in 1-2 minutes, I get a DC. Changing the zone triggers DC instantly.
My connection is fine. I tested it with my VPS located in the USA: stable ping, no packet loss, and good speed.
At first, I thought the cause was many people trying to log in simultaneously after the maintenance. But nothing changed this morning.
I also noticed that I was sometimes placed in the login queue after DC, which means many players got DC and tried to log in back.
Any explanation for this?
Cheers.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 15 June 2023 18:01
Been there, done that. 「三千六百」
  • silentseashore
    silentseashore
    Soul Shriven
    I've been getting a ton of 'Booted from server' messages since the maintenance.

iy7pal6v10xs.png
  • baashdi_hobstocking
    baashdi_hobstocking
    Soul Shriven
    PC 5.10.23 6:30 am pdt NA v9bruua21bo6.jpg
    PC 5.10.23 10:19 am pdt NA this is still an issue. xcvi8dqg5tbo.png
    h6iy6qtggeg6.png PC 5.12.23 3:40pm pdt EU e1jbwb7dtt90.pngsd5scuj0r1uw.png PC 5.12.23 5:45pm pdt EU xpach4a2i90d.png error booted from the server (307) 5.12.23 PC 5.12.23 1052pm pdt EU jvu9d2ertbog.png error booted from the server (103) 5.12.23 PC 5.12.23 1105pm pdt EU

PC NA error booted from the server (307) 5.18.23 PC 633AM pdt
    tlrnoq5b9en5.png

all i know ... "fun" levels are greatly reduced. (for me).
    Edited by baashdi_hobstocking on 18 May 2023 14:27
  • petanko
    petanko
    ✭✭
    "Booted from server" usually means the player got a lot of XP in a short time (i.e. when dropping a bunch of master writs at once) or pressed [E] a lot (for loading sales history, for example). At least, I haven't seen any other causes (maybe crafting a lot of items, i.e. 150 alchemy writs?). If you guys got this error for no reason, it's not a very good sign. The server is unable to process your activity. Maybe some servers were taken offline during the maintenance and the rest are overloaded. I noticed a significant lag (1-2+ seconds) sometimes when opening containers and interacting with NPCs (the ping was normal).
    Edited by petanko on 10 May 2023 17:11
    Been there, done that. 「三千六百」
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've not done so, we recommend the connection troubleshooting linked below as a starting point for fixing these login errors.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post