The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Molten Armaments does not increase damage ? tooltips are a mess ?

Harvall
Harvall
✭✭✭
I noticed that when i have Molten Armaments active, i do the same damage to mobs, as if did not have it active, so i went to my house to test, and sure enough, it does nothing. In attached screenshots you can see light attacks made against my dummy. One without molten armaments, and one with it active. damage is exactly the same.

a6hpqiu4womm.png
84ybsmlto3jk.png

The tooltip says it increases my wep damage by 20%, and in character screen the amount does, in fact increase. from 4216 to 5296 (it procs major and minor brutality) but damage done with light attack to my dummy is exactly the same.

As for buffs, except generic crown food, and exp scroll, other icon is a buff from noble duelist silks set, which adds flat amount of damage to light and heavy attacks. but the amount at my equipped set piece tooltip is different than the one in the buff tooltip in character screen.
f33f3vg6gkza.jpgp7ezs3ud7zjk.jpg

Is there something im missing here ? does molten armaments not stack with noble duelist silks ?, i should get more damage out of my light attack anyways, seeing as my wep damage increased by SO much after applying molten weapons but it does not. Any clue ?

On the side note, in the molten amraments skill tooltip it says it grants Empower which increases damage of your heavy attacks (only) against monsters by 80%, but in the character screen the Empower tooltip says it increases damage of light AND heavy attacks, and not by 80% but by 40%. so which one is it ? heavy with 80% or light and heavy with 40% ?

625uy92k3mdx.jpgudcehgnm321p.jpg

What a mess...
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 9 May 2023 17:07
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) light attack damage was capped. I don't remember the exact number but it now has a max value.

2) Empower only affects heavy attacks, and it is by 80%.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) light attack damage was capped. I don't remember the exact number but it now has a max value.

2) Empower only affects heavy attacks, and it is by 80%.

^this. You’re at cap I’m fairly certain xDDD
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the from the patch notes (scribes of fate release patch 8.3.5 https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7828264/#Comment_7828264) is 3850 for melee light attack (ranged is only 90% of that value), the max that your weapon/spell dmg can scale it to
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014