The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is "effectiveness" in a crafted set ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For this set, the term "effectiveness" is mentioned, but what does it mean ?

https://eso-sets.com/set/heartland-conqueror
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390

Best Answers

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magnitude. At legendary:
    - Precise adds 7.2% critical rate. With heartland conqueror, it adds 14.4% instead.
    - Nirnhoned adds 15% to the Damage rating of the weapon. With heartland conqueror, it adds 30% instead.
    This is what it means.
    Answer ✓
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, like infused is 30% increased enchant strength and 50% reduced enchant cooldown. Heartland conqueror would increase that by 100%.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    So, like infused is 30% increased enchant strength and 50% reduced enchant cooldown. Heartland conqueror would increase that by 100%.

Isn't Infused a special case where only one of the two benefits is doubled?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Isn't Infused a special case where only one of the two benefits is doubled?

No idea it's just what I first thought of since I think people use it on baby tanks to increase crusher.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've haven't looked hard at this myself, but does anybody have strong opinions about questions like:

For what traits, if any, does the 5-piece bonus compare well with that of other sets?
    It doesn't in the case of Nirnhorned (when compared to crafted sets ) or Precise (when compared to Mother's Sorrow).

What about Sharpened (when compared to Spriggan's/Spinner's)?

How about more complex scenarios (e.g. backbarred Infused to go with frontbarred Precise)? How about Charged?