The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Velothi Ur-Mage’s Amulet Change

• athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    There is a nice beam build that uses this and it stack multiplies with other multipliers for a very hefty damage. 15% base damage multiplier is quite nice and unique. Minor force is a pain to use in a skill and more often, in my case, gotten from set pieces or ignored. The pen is just right to allow for PVE capping and PVP pen builds, though i dont PVP. I would not be upset with a buff to the mythic as is but please no nerf to its current setup.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty underwhelming and there should be different builds for different groups as long as those alternative builds aren't BIS. Everyone group have to play a single way.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 24 May 2023 04:48
  • notsojuicy
    like mentioned in the previous post, if this mythic stays as is from last pts patch notes, it will only be viable for arcanist due to the beam-book. It really almost seems at this point that on PVE DMG Side of things this mythic only has its place for arcanist... And in my opinion, that's just bad design....

I agree that in best case you should have "Options" that performance of mythics are close together and one maybe better suited than the other for certain szenario... Where the nailed it imho is with Kilt / Mora / Sea Serpent....

Velothi in its current State DOES NOT compete in anyway to be an option in PVE
    however they could have left the initial modifiers but tuning them a bit to get more in line....

For pvp those 1600 pen you almost get with 1 piece Valkyn for example, even there you won't give this mythic a shot vs
    markyn, serpent, death dealers....

Well, maybe we still see a change when it hits live... otherwise again... this Chapter seems all about Arcanist,
    while a lot of people don't care about the new class and are equally or more interested in the upcoming content in general (Trial, Gear, Mythics....Class)...

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    There is a nice beam build that uses this and it stack multiplies with other multipliers for a very hefty damage. 15% base damage multiplier is quite nice and unique. Minor force is a pain to use in a skill and more often, in my case, gotten from set pieces or ignored. The pen is just right to allow for PVE capping and PVP pen builds, though i dont PVP. I would not be upset with a buff to the mythic as is but please no nerf to its current setup.

Comments like this just come across as copium, as an equivalent if it provided Minor Brutality/Sorcery instead of the 15% damage buff people would be saying "i have problems getting that buff anyways." Except in the case of Minor Brutality/Sorcery there are in fact so few sources that you'd be right, while with Minor Force there are many more sources that are easy to maintain.

Fact of the matter is that it was providing more critical damage amount without covering minor force (so you can use minor force as well) , now all it does it remove the need to do one of the easiest to maintain buffs.
    Edited by Dr_Con on 26 May 2023 06:24
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Velothi appears like it would be decent for doing portals - it is not....

Testing Velothi on non-trial dummy to see if it would help vSS portal DPS, I realized that instead of light attacks being 8-10% of my damage like on a trial dummy, they were doing 13-14% of my damage. This is due to the way light attacks scale and cap now. Therefore, the 15% damage done is almost totally lost from removing light attacks. It looks like the only uses for Velothi in PVE is a beam Arcanist (I don't use beam because of mechanics), or in add-heavy pulls for the AOE damage.

At least I have one less item to farm.