The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will you be changing your heavy att oakensoul build?

• Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good alternative to Storm Master set is Knight-Slayer
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped to orders wrath in light, the extra crit and crit dmg means I can use liver mundus as well to get better all round stats for soloing
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good alternative to Storm Master set is Knight-Slayer

Unfortunately, that's not so. Knight Slayer isn't buffed by Empower (or Weapons Expert). Also, it's single-target and doesn't crit.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 19 May 2023 18:01
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    Medium armor. That makes sense. :)

But the Thunder Caller part of your post is surprising. It looks like 8 ticks every 13+ seconds, on average, vs. 14-15 ticks in the same time period for Noble Duelist/Undauted Inflitrator/whatever. The ticks seem to be of similar magnitude to those from those sets. However, it seems they would NOT be buffed by Empower or Weapons Expert. Possibly smaller radius than Trifocus/Lightning HA as well. What am I missing?

Yeah, buffing the Heavy Attacks with Noble Duelist is still more beneficial, but Thunder Caller is a nice thematic proc set for lightning focussed characters I suppose. Out of curiosity I just tested to Pillar of Nirn with Sergeant's Mail too, with a few different CP loadouts, but those parses were all in the 42K - 44K range on a 3M Dummy.

On the Trial Dummy Storm Master, Pillar of Nirn and Order's Wrath with a few medium gear pieces outperformed Noble Duelist by a small margin and Thunder Caller was the worst of the bunch (here are the screenshots, if you're interested).

I'm planning on leveling a non-HA Arcanist when Necrom drops and when I get bored of that class and return to one of my HA characters, there's probably a new established meta that I can just follow :) But otherwise I'll go with Noble Duelist (or Order's Wrath if I can't be bothered to farm ND).

Reading this makes me really want to do a flavor HA build, using something like Thunder Caller, and like maybe Storm-Cursed, for a shock damage heavy build.