Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unpopular opinion : Remove attribute system entirely at CP160

• Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are worried about replaying and keeping the achievements you could always buy a separate account. Is that why some people have lots of accounts? To maintain separate achievement records.

You can still share items by mail or guilds.

I'm confused about not wanting attributes. I never knew where to put them in Skyrim but it's more obvious in ESO.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually wish the decisions we make to build our character were more important and impactful, not less.

I feel all my characters of the same role (DPS/Tank/Heal) pretty much all play the same and feel the same, so I'd dislike removing even more small decisions that we still have.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I actually wish the decisions we make to build our character were more important and impactful, not less.

I feel all my characters of the same role (DPS/Tank/Heal) pretty much all play the same and feel the same, so I'd dislike removing even more small decisions that we still have.

I agree, we came to the same conclusion, I just think it should be scrapped and dealt with by enchants, then introduce something more robust, like spell crafting or something else.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t really like the attribute system. To me, it seems like it’s not really an interesting choice that’s being made most of the time. For example, if you play a stam dps and don’t use magicka, it becomes very straightforward what you should take. I think the whole system should be replaced in a way that gives options that will actually make you think twice.

That said, the proposition of op seems a bit complex to implement and I don’t think it would feel right for players. Reaching cp160/lvl50 shouldn’t disable a system you relied on and make your character weaker until you can power up again by engaging with another system. The game would also have to tell the player that they are being affected that way.

"Congratulations for reaching cp 160, as a reward, you have now lost x stamina, y health and z magicka. Don’t worry though, you can get these stats back by farming the cp 160 items you have just unlocked. Hopefully, this doesn’t establish that we could take other systems away and that engaging with systems might be a waste of time"
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Account wide lore books - Pending

This I like, especially when considering a mythic Item like Mora's Whispers (1 item, Gain up to 1528 Critical Chance and 10% increased Inspiration, Alliance Rank, Alliance skill, and 15% monster kill experience based off how many books of Shalidor's Library have been collected). It's an Item that I feel is most useful on new and/or low level characters but then again they have to run around to collect the Shalido'rs Lore Books to make it usable at all. Not so if the books were account wide.

The character that has 100% from this buff mostly has little use of it and is far better off with some other Mythic item.

Remember it's a shoulder, and a newly made character seldom has a Monster Set shoulder piece so using a Mythic shoulder piece would be a rather perfect fit imo.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?