The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Roll dodge and dodge

KV_Tootn
KV_Tootn
✭✭✭
Hello.
Lately have been noticing that roll dodge and dodge dosnt work in some bigger boss encounters.
Me and my pals have done yesterday some instances on veteran and normal and the rolldoge or dodge dost trigger. Im not the only one who has seen simmilar problems .
Its so hard to play if you never know it will trigger or no.. Getting out of instance and trying doge and rolldoge works.. Thought its my keyboard or mouse.
Checked it with firmwear and if the clicks are registring right.. Even changed to other keyboard (now using Logitech g910 and g502 mouse) Razor huntsman and razor deathader.
Same results. 30% of the time it works in instance fights. Outside i had never a problem to rolldoge , not even with worldbosses.
Is it me or [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 May 2023 18:17
Ork * Templar * CP1554 * DPS*Tank*
High elf*Sorcerer*DPS
High elf*arcanist*ddps
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been caught out mid roll dodge in VAS a few times recently too, but my main issue with dodge and break free is that skills don't fire right away after you've finished breaking free/dodging. People have complained about it here and we're yet to have it acknowledged.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me on Xalvakka the other night.

Got slapped with evisceration in the middle of a dodge at several points. Couldn’t roll dodge at all even with full stam at other points. My character just sat there and twitched before being murdered.

If dodge won’t work reliably, they need to remove mechanics that require it.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been caught out mid roll dodge in VAS a few times recently too, but my main issue with dodge and break free is that skills don't fire right away after you've finished breaking free/dodging. People have complained about it here and we're yet to have it acknowledged.

Skills do fire right after break free - but the animation is canceled. You can fully cancel all animations and visuals associated with DK standard and Wall and other skills that way. The only way you can tell they’re firing is because they do damage.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference between roll dodge and dodge?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The roll dodge is more of a ninja roll motion and its more on the ground. Dodge can be in any position and in any motion.