Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion to Fix Capture the Relic

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Make it possible to score with another team's relic even if your team's relic has been stolen.

I realize that taking a team's relic, thus preventing them from scoring, is a viable strategy. And then a super tank gets a team's relic, and jumps up into a gap in the cliff and that team is hosed for the rest of the match. Yay!

Allowing scoring while your relic is missing would make the matches go faster and would encourage actually trying to CAPTURE the other team's relic.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely not.
    The solution to fix capture the relic is to make it 2 teams only. That's how it functions in virtually every single game.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely not.
    The solution to fix capture the relic is to make it 2 teams only. That's how it functions in virtually every single game.

Definitely agree. Was just focusing on the current setup of 3 teams, which invariably turns into 2 teams vying for the win while the other resorts to deathmatch
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should simply make it 1 relic with a cap time. Teams would then be forced to fight over the relic and get it back to their base to score instead of hanging around in stealth waiting to pop an immovable pot and grab the relic with no counterplay.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should simply make it 1 relic with a cap time. Teams would then be forced to fight over the relic and get it back to their base to score instead of hanging around in stealth waiting to pop an immovable pot and grab the relic with no counterplay.

That could lead to trolling, but anything is an improvement on the current model
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, capture the relic is at it's best when your team is holding two relics for as long as possible so no points can be scored by anybody.

It's called survival mode, and it's even better than death match.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, capture the relic is at it's best when your team is holding two relics for as long as possible so no points can be scored by anybody.

It's called survival mode, and it's even better than death match.

I would be on board for that until I got stuck in two DMs where the uber tank took a relic and hid in the crack in the cliff. Either remove the spots in the arenas where you can essentially hole up or change the scoring rules. Can't have both.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be on board for that until I got stuck in two DMs where the uber tank took a relic and hid in the crack in the cliff. Either remove the spots in the arenas where you can essentially hole up or change the scoring rules. Can't have both.

They sound like a phenomenal troll and I hope I get them in my game sometime soon.