The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Has anybody actually maxed out all the craft skill trees?

kirk_lewis_ESO
kirk_lewis_ESO
✭✭✭
It's fun role playing as a master crafter but this takes forever, lol
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 14 April 2023 01:15
Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, many people have.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have. I'm sure lots of people have.
    It does take some time (which will vary depending on how much you focus on it over other things), but it's totally achievable, as is the Grand Master Crafter achievement.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • kirk_lewis_ESO
      kirk_lewis_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Is it worth it to invest in alchemy? The potions don't last long.
      Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
    • Katheriah
      Katheriah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      18 characters maxed out, when the new class will be here even more.
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      The damage and regen buffs you get from potions are very important in difficult endgame content. You can always buy the potions, though, so it is not as critical as other crafting lines. However, even if you buy potions from someone else, you'll need the alchemy passive that makes potions last longer. You can get potions with a 45 second cooldown to last 47.6 seconds, allowing 100% uptime on the buffs.
    • acastanza_ESO
      acastanza_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

In high end gameplay you're basically drinking potions on cooldown. Now you can just buy them, but there is a markup on that especially with how expensive some ingredients like Columbine have gotten. Now, there are some substitutes for some cases like the Alliance war potions that can be bought for AP and substitute as standard PVE DPS potions. But for anything higher end, like Heroism pots, or for PVP any of the specialty potions or poisons need to be crafted.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Should be fair it was easier in the past. There's a champion point passive that makes it faster. This champion point passive used to be passive not active. Now you have to slot it in have way cp to use it.
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      yea
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Agenericname
      Agenericname
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

The passive Medicinal Use adds extra time to the potions.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ocean's also sell fol potions also sell for a lot of gold
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Decon everything not ornate. Throw 160cp items at alts. Don't put any points in the tiers until they're maxed.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That's one of the reasons I have a dedicated crafter. Originally I was going to learn a few crafts on each character, but I was new and still leveling them up and didn't like spending skill points on crafts instead of combat skills even though I knew eventually I'd have more than enough. The other reason was motifs - I didn't want to have to buy multiple copies of each one.

I haven't actually got all the craft skills active, but I could have. But for example at some point after learning all the traits I respecced the character and didn't put points into the ones which reduce research times because I don't need them any more.

It did take a long time, but I find the character quite useful so for me it was worth doing.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      People don't give out the Master Crafter title unless you've also learned every single Motif in the game, every book, every page, which I certainly have not done. Though when it comes to the skill trees being at 50, yup I have one Crafter like that.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i remember just about being done with all the traits then they added nirnhoned, then i remember when they added jewelry crafting and having to go through research again lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      18 characters maxed in crafting, minus the research since that is pointless on more than 1 character. Will have the two new character slots that are released with the chapter at max crafting within a few days of the chapter release.
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Oh yeah, many times over. Just decon everything you get. Run dolmens to get jewelry and decon that too. Enchanting can take a little longer, but it's not impossible. Alchemy and Provisioning have some good guides, check out Alcast's guides.
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »
      People don't give out the Master Crafter title unless you've also learned every single Motif in the game, every book, every page, which I certainly have not done. Though when it comes to the skill trees being at 50, yup I have one Crafter like that.
      Every motif? Has something changed, then? Everything I've read says you need to learn 50 motifs to get True Style Master which contributes to Grand Master Crafter. What am I missing?
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • kringled_1
      kringled_1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      vsrs_au wrote: »
      Every motif? Has something changed, then? Everything I've read says you need to learn 50 motifs to get True Style Master which contributes to Grand Master Crafter. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. GMC is actually trivialized because of AMA, as it is no longer 50 unique motifs, but 50 across multiple characters, including duplicates.
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      kringled_1 wrote: »

You're not missing anything. GMC is actually trivialized because of AMA, as it is no longer 50 unique motifs, but 50 across multiple characters, including duplicates.
      Ah, thanks! I'm a bit of an anomaly in ESO: I only have 1 character, and I use the Armoury Station to switch between crafting, fishing and combat builds. I have no idea how close I am to learning 50 full motifs, but it's a long way away for sure. :)
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you do a lot of crafting, or if you like making outfits, you'll likely get to 50 unique motifs sooner or later even if you're not aiming for the title.

I mainly learned motifs I wanted to use, or needed for master writs, then every so often when I had time, gold and the inclination to spend both on the project I'd check which motifs I was close to completing and buy the parts I was missing. Often I only had to buy 2 or 3 to complete a motif and they weren't usually the most expensive ones.

I've kept on doing that even after I got the Master Crafter title, maybe not as often but it's still nice to collect them and have them available to use.
      Edited by Danikat on 13 April 2023 22:20
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Years ago, its not hard

PC EU
      PvP only
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      On multiple characters. All my characters have maxed out alchemy, enchanting and provisioning.
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's fun role playing as a master crafter but this takes forever, lol

Yes, going on 50+ of them.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      61,215 achievement points
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      jaws343 wrote: »
      18 characters maxed in crafting, minus the research since that is pointless on more than 1 character. Will have the two new character slots that are released with the chapter at max crafting within a few days of the chapter release.

My situation too about the 18.

But I'll be in less of a rush about the new ones. It will happen as I naturally get stuff to break down.

Umm -- I did that maxing years ago, for the most part. What are the new ways to boost inspiration, if any? There's that mythic item which depends on lore books; how are the numbers on that. Anything else? Zenithar event, perhaps?
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Having more traits researched increases master writ drop rate, especially for Alchemy/Enchanting/Jewelry as it's the only booster to them, less so for BS/WW/Cloth as those are also affected by motif knowledge.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      61,215 achievement points
    • ZOS_Phoenix
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • endgamesmug
      endgamesmug
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yep definitely worth it in my opinion, have done it many many times over many accounts and servers. Adept rider and willows path in divines and steed mundus on new characters, run around get all skyshards atleast. I can do group events and some faction quests for a few more but rarely needed for crafting alts, but certainly if you want points for combat aswell as being a master crafter i would get all skill points available. To max alchemy fast i just make poisons its far more economical in my opinion and having no downtime for pots is really handy and efficient. If youre on pcna i can help you max that and provisioning pretty easily.
    • karthrag_inak
      karthrag_inak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Khajiit has had 18 7-prof master crafters since Elsweyr. Maxxing crafting is the first thing this one does with a new character.
      PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    • lillybit
      lillybit
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Not entirely pointless, it increases the drop rate for master writs massively. Which comes with its own downsides - I really struggle with storage space now :D

It's also nice to be able to recon gear on the character that needs it rather than having to faff about switching around (especially with the storage crisis going on!). I started out just researching traits I was likely to use like divines and infused but figured if I was gonna start I might as well finish!
      PS4 EU
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean the title given to you by other players, not the actual achievement title. The community doesn't consider you a master crafter unless you have the knowledge to craft EVERYTHING.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!