The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove either invisbility or change nightblades

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never understanding what the issue with using potions is. In terms of money, not sure what the difference is between refusing to spend money on potions vs refusing to spend money on improving gear vs refusing to spend currency on siege, etc. Like these are things that you need to invest in to be on equal footing with those that do.

I haven't had to spend money buying ingredients to make reveal potions myself in YEARS just from casually doing writs and harvesting mats.

Also (in the vanilla game at least) there's no indication on the stealther's side that they were revealed by a potion or that you have a potion reveal active. This might help you use them more effectively.

Agreed.... I hate detect pots....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile sorcs can nuke players from across the map in relative safety.
    Each class has it's strengths and weakness.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone doesnt know how to counter stealth

You can't, so many times I've used magelight when standing on top of NBs and they still vanish

Shadow Image

They're not where you are anymore as a nightblade will dodge roll into cloak, and then teleport to their shade while still cloaked. This combo allows Nightblades to get away, and those that don't use that combo get absolutely shut down by Magelight, Expert Hunter, Detection Potions, and Flare.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a learn to play issue, you could start by blocking as a first step.

I might be biased since I play nightblade, but one of my favourite activities is also to hunt other nightblades sneaking around keeps. It's like a homicidal version of hide and seek and is a nice change of pace from zergs, ball groups and tower defenders...
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of X that killed me!
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamps get invisibility, invisibility pots give invisibility, and there are skills/sets/poisons/potions that reveal invisible players. 🫥
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't hold out hope for it changing any time soon.

Invisibility can be fun to play as in multiplayer games but, it's rarely fun to play against or on a team with and that's hardly a new phenomenon yet games are still putting it in.

You'll hit the same thing with one shots and CC in multiplayer games as well. Sure, the person doing it can be having fun but, for the other parties involved it's frequently please make it stop.

My guess would be that we see games doing the same thing over and over even though it hits a negative reaction because many of the people that develop games don't enjoy their deaths at all. As a result, it doesn't really matter to them how they die because dying is universally bad.

If you look at the average player idea for gameplay changes/additions vs the average developer idea you'll frequently see that on average the developers are less retrained than the players when it comes to things that would produce annoyances.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Experience will teach a player how to defend vs nb, it's skills or pots you need to hunt them. Something about playing a nb taught me the modus operandi enough to only die to the best ones unless desynched.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Remove invis is a bit much, however I think detect pot should be buffed

I really don't think that the best way to deal with a fact that certain ability have a tendency to overperform is to throw some semi counters into the game.

Strong abilities should have drawbacks built into them same as streak or dodge has or old mist had. People claim there is plenty of counters to cloak but the thing is each of these counters can be countered by nb without any additional investments just by using things naturally present in their kit. On the other hand to use cloak counters player needs to sacrifice something. Detect pot means player wont use more desired potion for 45 seconds meaning loss of alteast one usefull buff which may be crucial to the fight. Detection abilities means loss of skill slot for some other abilities more usefull in other scenarios plus cost vs duration ratio is not the best.

Some time ago there was atleast natural drawback for nb that was being more squishy in more open fights due to lack of strong burst healing but right now that only drawback is gone. Nb base survival without cloak is as strong or even stronger than on other classes, his dmg is one of the best currently so there is really no excuse to keep cloak the way it is.

Detection uses a skill slot, cloak also uses a skill slot.

Also, there are ways to keep a nb from going back into invisibility and to counter.

But ok, if we are going to remove invisibility then streak has to go because it has mobility. Vampire has to go as well. Templars healing ability needs to go.
    Prox detonation needs to go as well because it kills clusters. All shields, ya those need to go too as they are too op for pvp. Oh and yeah forgot tank builds need to go as well as all healing abilities...because we all know there is no healing instantaneously IRL.

Lastly all weapons, armor and jewelry need to be banned as well as all skills, and cp.

Just turn pvp into a fist fight where everyone is equal

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone doesnt know how to counter stealth

This.

There are very strong and effective counters to stealth. Many to choose from. Something many groups and solo players have figured out how to counter very well.

• Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine crying about Nightblades when there's DK's that can be played by a braind3ad dog and still kill everybody. DK has big damage, big regen, and super tanky, literally no flaws. NB's can be easily countered with detection potions.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove? No.

Nerf? Yes.

Give invisibility a ramping cost just like they did with streak and mist form so that NBs learn to not crutch on it or just spam it endlessly.

Or

make magelight/hunter/flare have much larger AoE on the reveals and keep them revealed for much longer as well (I have yet to test those with the new servers, but with the old servers, those abilities were useless due to small radius and being buggy in general due to the horrendous positional desyncs that allowed NBs to instantly re-cloak while under its effect).

The main issue with NB currently is actually how strong its burst heal is. No class that can just disappear and completely reset the fight with on demand LoS should also have access to one of the strongest burst heals in the game alongside some of the best HoTs in the game, that's completely over the top.

Reduce the healing of offering or give it a cast time, like they did with sorcs heals (the other mobile class that can easily reset the fight) alongside 1 of the other fixes for invis above and NB will be in a good spot.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all this hybridisation and homogenisation, there is precious little left to make classes unique. Thus it's a "no" from me on nerfing Cloak. As everyone has already said, the skill has counters. Everything does. Rock, paper, scissors is part of the experience. Learn to go after nightblades or, if that's not your cup of tea, learn how defend or escape or play in a group. For example a tanky brawler spec going into defensive mode can't really be killed by a single nightblade. If your health is, say, 35K, you have decent block sustain, and you behave passively, nightblades will try, but most run off again when they do no damage to you.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just use one of the three abilities that detect hidden enemies, or the potion, or use dots that stick to a target. There are plenty of counters.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Remove? No.

Nerf? Yes.

Give invisibility a ramping cost just like they did with streak and mist form so that NBs learn to not crutch on it or just spam it endlessly.

Or

make magelight/hunter/flare have much larger AoE on the reveals and keep them revealed for much longer as well (I have yet to test those with the new servers, but with the old servers, those abilities were useless due to small radius and being buggy in general due to the horrendous positional desyncs that allowed NBs to instantly re-cloak while under its effect).

The main issue with NB currently is actually how strong its burst heal is. No class that can just disappear and completely reset the fight with on demand LoS should also have access to one of the strongest burst heals in the game alongside some of the best HoTs in the game, that's completely over the top.

Reduce the healing of offering or give it a cast time, like they did with sorcs heals (the other mobile class that can easily reset the fight) alongside 1 of the other fixes for invis above and NB will be in a good spot.
    Your class - Streak - is still one of the best counters to perma-cloaking nightblades, so I don't get it. Magelight / Hunter were buffed and made more consistent relatively recently. I agree that, if you're alone, detection potions + Streak are probably the better bet. As soon as you're in a duo, though, Magelight / Hunter used systematically is devastating against nightblades. I play a perma-cloaking nightblade, as you know. I also play in IC more than in Cyro, e.g. without lag. From my POV there is a marked difference between people who learn and choose to hunt nightblades and those who don't bother. Certainly on a sorc you have the mobility to do it.

Magelight / Hunter are not searching skills. You must cast them while the nightblade is near or in your face. If you keep that up and you synchronise your movement with the nightblade, it's very difficult for the nightblade to escape. Yes, there is Shadow Image, but you were talking about Cloak. With the amount of speed in the game, I feel Shadow Image has lost much of it's relevance these days. It used to be a staple for every other nightblade. These days I don't think it is.

In regards to the burst heal, yes it's strong. Remember how for years magblade had nothing like it? This was a major weakness. Maybe it could be a touch weaker, I'm not sure. It DOES uncloak you. There is still the age old problem that only Rally heals you in Cloak, and these days DOTs are no longer suppressed and will melt you. Having to gamble on cloaking away without healing in the next GCD (because that would uncloak you) when someone is, in fact, detecting you is quite a weakness of healing with Offering.
    Edited by fred4 on 6 April 2023 00:35
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

I might be biased since I play nightblade, but one of my favourite activities is also to hunt other nightblades sneaking around keeps. It's like a homicidal version of hide and seek and is a nice change of pace from zergs, ball groups and tower defenders...

Nightblades really are the best Anti-Nightblade class. It used to be so much better when Piercing Mark's reveal was longer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is PVP isn't it? or is it PVI? - Player vs Invisible? We aren't playing aliens vs predator are we?

Get some invis potions, find some pvpers in cyro and try to kill them from invis. Recording video would be a plus.

Then look how they massacred you, learn well how they did it and try to do the same.

Be carefull while teabagging your first nightblade killed. Don't get banned. Have a good hunt.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades are not the only ones who can stealth, Vampires can also stealth and they can be Dragonknights.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Remove? No.

Nerf? Yes.

Or

Your class - Streak - is still one of the best counters to perma-cloaking nightblades, so I don't get it. Magelight / Hunter were buffed and made more consistent relatively recently. I agree that, if you're alone, detection potions + Streak are probably the better bet. As soon as you're in a duo, though, Magelight / Hunter used systematically is devastating against nightblades. I play a perma-cloaking nightblade, as you know. I also play in IC more than in Cyro, e.g. without lag. From my POV there is a marked difference between people who learn and choose to hunt nightblades and those who don't bother. Certainly on a sorc you have the mobility to do it.

Magelight / Hunter are not searching skills. You must cast them while the nightblade is near or in your face. If you keep that up and you synchronise your movement with the nightblade, it's very difficult for the nightblade to escape. Yes, there is Shadow Image, but you were talking about Cloak. With the amount of speed in the game, I feel Shadow Image has lost much of it's relevance these days. It used to be a staple for every other nightblade. These days I don't think it is.

In regards to the burst heal, yes it's strong. Remember how for years magblade had nothing like it? This was a major weakness. Maybe it could be a touch weaker, I'm not sure. It DOES uncloak you. There is still the age old problem that only Rally heals you in Cloak, and these days DOTs are no longer suppressed and will melt you. Having to gamble on cloaking away without healing in the next GCD (because that would uncloak you) when someone is, in fact, detecting you is quite a weakness of healing with Offering.

I mostly leave NBs alone unless they really try-hard me, in which case I will go after them too.

I did say I have yet to test those skills out under the new server conditions, so if they are indeed more reliable now then that will help a lot for OPs issues. The main issue as I stated with those skills was that due to positional desyncs because of poor server performance, they were essentially non-functional because you cast them ontop of the NB, but the NB is actually 20m away according to the servers and therefore isn't revealed or just simply cloaks back up immediately.

Shadow image is another issue altogether imo. It's still very strong but most players playing the class don't know how to properly use it (I've only seen a couple that can use it effectively). What makes shadow image so strong is the verticality it allows for, gap closers had their ranges nerfed or flat out made to not work vertically due to how strong that direction of movement is. Shadow image is only really bad in open field combat that has no LoS, which is where streak is better (as is the new mist form), in close quarters with LoS and multi-levelled combat, shadow image is so much stronger.

Offering doesn't have to be massively reduced down to dark deals pitiful level of healing, but a slight nerf to its heal or a short (0.3-0.5s) cast time bring it into line with what such a mobile class should have access to for a burst heal would go along way to balancing the combined mobility + healing capabilities of NB.
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This

Nightblades really are the best Anti-Nightblade class. It used to be so much better when Piercing Mark's reveal was longer.

There was nothing fun about getting piercing marked by an enemy NB in a zerg when you're solo and the only counterplay was to purge it to try get back into stealth.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Broken Skills are working heavily to NBs advantage:

1. Revealing Flare does NOT prevent NBs from immediately recloaking, as the skill tooltip states
    2. Inner Light does NOt prevent NB from immediately recloaking, as the skill tooltip states
    3. Incapaciting Strike, after Update 37, stuns you for a solid 5 or more seconds, in which you stand there swaying in a daze, unable to break free regardless of having a nearly full stamina bar

Add these 3 important, broken skills to NB having the highest speed, highest damage, and 2nd best healing, and it is blatantly apparent why there is a growing tide of NBs in BGs and Cyro.

A decently skilled player on an NB is overpowered against anyone but a decently skilled player on DK, consequently, they avoid fighting DKs.

So yeah, you can spend 50% of your time popping detect potions and chasing down NBs, if you’re tired of the gankfest. Or you can play a tanky DK and just out heal and out sustain them.

Neither option appeals.

At a minimum: Inner Light & Revealing Flare need to be fixed to do what the tooltips state: prevent revealed opponents from returning to stealth or invisibility for 5 seconds. With these skills not functioning properly, NBs in the know can literally spam cloak to avoid 90% of incoming damage.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    3 Broken Skills are working heavily to NBs advantage:
    1. Revealing Flare does NOT prevent NBs from immediately recloaking, as the skill tooltip states
    2. Inner Light does NOt prevent NB from immediately recloaking, as the skill tooltip states
    3. Incapaciting Strike, after Update 37, stuns you for a solid 5 or more seconds, in which you stand there swaying in a daze, unable to break free regardless of having a nearly full stamina bar
    That is certainly not my experience. You must be talking about the effects of lag.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade cloak skill is about 2 seconds long. Is this what you are talking about, or a nightblade using invisibility potions?

I have seen all classes in PvP use invisibility potions.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    There’s only one solution to your problem: become a nightblade.
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    This crafting potion could help with the problem:

dkdi3wupy0dk.png
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    i like NB's they are so easy to kill

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This

Agreed, with sorc being 2nd due to movement speed and streak. Wardens can also be good with Arctic Blast and speed. Movement speed just good in PvP, and then there's bombard for any stam class.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Shadow Image

They're not where you are anymore as a nightblade will dodge roll into cloak, and then teleport to their shade while still cloaked. This combo allows Nightblades to get away, and those that don't use that combo get absolutely shut down by Magelight, Expert Hunter, Detection Potions, and Flare.

It is not Shadow Image, you can clearly see them "crouch" into cloak animation, casting magelight will reveal them again. Reveal skills other than Radiant Magelight often do not apply 3s stealth prevention.

Pots of course works best due to sheer range.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Exactly. All this thread is is 'I don't like this thing so it should be removed'
    [snip]

[edited quote and baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 7 April 2023 15:45
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luth7 wrote: »
    This crafting potion could help with the problem:

dkdi3wupy0dk.png

Oh yeah that 15 seconds is so hard to survive on a class with one of the best evasivness, mobility and burst healing.