Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Which battleground mode is the most fun?

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to try out the battlegrounds, but, I'm not sure how good they really are. There are a bunch of modes out there and I'm curious to see which one is the best (as in the most fun)...

Which battleground mode is the most fun? 54 votes

Capture the Relic
7%
DjennkuYe_Olde_CroweOBJnoobSoarora 4 votes
Chaosball
9%
meekeyceeAzrael_1976colossalvoidsUrzigurumashthe1andonlyskwex 5 votes
Crazy King
18%
kadarCredible_JoeOberon45Dragonreduxmic88GoddessHelEmilyElizabethESODem_kitkats1Necrotech_MasterRomanRex 10 votes
Deathmatch
57%
ArcanasxAmphithoemaxjapankChilly-McFreezeJierdanitPhoenixGreyWildRaptorXAznoxMariusghost84Greek_HellspawnStarOfElyonbuzzclopsGetAgrippaauzTuxydoRoylundgariondaveyxDeusEJRxFunjacSkaraMinoc 31 votes
Domination
7%
wowericb16_ESOtokeinskybluCaribou77LunaFlora 4 votes
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anything but Capture the Relic.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the Relic
    Capture the Relic, then all the other objective modes. Deathmatch is my least favorite mode.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    10/10 doctors agree. Chaos Ball and Domination are no fun.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    anything but deathmatch, though in terms of actual game mode i would say crazy king is the best

i would have said chaosball, but they would have to remove getting the ball into places that could not be reached and far far less tanky players to make it more enjoyable
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on 5 April 2023 15:56
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Domination
    i like domination the most, but any others except Deathmatch are fun(unless people try to turn it into Deathmatch by not playing the objective and only killing each other)
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaosball
    How to say you're weirdo.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Personally i prefer in order: deathmatch>domination>chaosball>capture the relic>crazy king.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch
    Then chaosball if people aren't exploiting out of bounds or running at 200 movespeed in laps around the map
    Capture the relic WOULD be fun with 2 teams
    So would crazy king and domination. But 3 teams just results in people avoiding fights for empty flags and relics.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Capture the Relic
    I don’t understand the hate for capture the relic I think it’s a perfect mix of strategy from objective modes and pvp from deathmatch. It only gets sad when one team is so bad that you can walk in (even while they’re there), grab the relic, and leave.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    Soarora wrote: »
    I don’t understand the hate for capture the relic I think it’s a perfect mix of strategy from objective modes and pvp from deathmatch. It only gets sad when one team is so bad that you can walk in (even while they’re there), grab the relic, and leave.

I remember after one particularly gruesome match (forget the game mode), one of my team mates was griping about spawn camping.

The map was Eld Angavar.

Just goes to show that some people complain without thinking. Can't handle losing, and I get the feeling people lose more often in CTF than in other game modes. No single player can carry CTF since it's the only mode with roles that need to be filled and played, and there's no real way to coat tail a win. You can dominate in kills, but place last & last from not playing the objective.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    I like the variety of different matches (not a fan of the one-game weekends) though I’m pretty tired of chaosball. If I get bored with bgs, I might look for the one or two “back biters” who completely ignore the chaosball and rack up maximum kills wailing on/pelting players running after the ball, and tie them up with duels.