Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Skipping the tutorial. Can I miss anything permanently?

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello peopleses :wink:

Just wondering if it's ok to skip the tutorial. I know there's a skyshard there, but are these limited/capped such that you'll end up getting another one anyway or do we know for sure?

Anywho, just trying different characters and alliances and wondering if the tutorial is at all necessary.

Thanks in advance :smile:
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You miss coldharbour.
    And no, there is no cap on skyshards. If you don't collect a skyshard, then that's one less skill point you have to use - and skill points will get more and more useful as more skill lines are added in.

I don't see any reason to skip the tutorial - it's only short but you're missing out on the opening to the game by skipping it.
    Edited by Inversus on 31 March 2014 20:18
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    You get the skyshard and the reward even if you skip the tutorial. The only thing you'll miss will be 20-40 lock picks and some provisioning mats.
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    The Coldharbour skyshard is granted to your character if you chose to skip the tutorial.
    Kai Schober
    Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
    Staff Post
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys. I figured it would be.
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    The one thing I noticed in skipping with my mage is that all the "newbie" items i was given after skipping a staff was not one of them. Other than that it was no biggie.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went through this last night and afterwards realized that i had missed out on LOCKPICKS.
    headbang.gif

You can easily get 50+ lockpicks on a normal run through the prison levels which come in *very* handy once you're dropped on the mainland.

Also noticed that i had 0 gold when i tried to buy my 1g horse. That was a bit of a embarrassing moment actually.
    :D
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello peopleses :wink:

Just wondering if it's ok to skip the tutorial. I know there's a skyshard there, but are these limited/capped such that you'll end up getting another one anyway or do we know for sure?

Anywho, just trying different characters and alliances and wondering if the tutorial is at all necessary.

Thanks in advance :smile:

The skyshard at the end for one.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnar_Lodbrok
    You get the coldharbour skyshard automatically if you skip the tutorial.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    @Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Didnt know that, but i still do the tutorial as I end up with more skill ups and gear than I would if i skipped

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    @Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Didnt know that, but i still do the tutorial as I end up with more skill ups and gear than I would if i skipped

Very true, and a lot of lockpicks.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    For my first hour of playing all I did was run around the starting zone not the island, and get chest gear and crafting mats. Worked pretty well haha. Go t like 200 iron ore.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing unique. Just a ton of provision mats, some basic armor and weapons if you're lucky, and lockpicks.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, the more skyshard, lockpicks and chests for me. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, armor, if you can find it. I usually come out of CH with several armors and weapons. I stalk the chests like crazy (I know where most are).
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • seancstewub17_ESO
    I dont get the option to skip the tutorial and I want to
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭

You must have one toon your account that has completed Coldharbour to skip it.

The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tutorial nicely sets the stage for the game.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • seancstewub17_ESO

You must have one toon your account that has completed Coldharbour to skip it.

I do. And i dont get a popup
  • Luthien_Elfmaid
    I found that you get more xp doing the start area plus you get lots of Keys, Weapons and Armour. If you take all the provisions you find you can make basic food and then sell that to make a nice profit.
    Tinúviel! Tinúviel!
    He called her by her elvish name;
    And there she halted listening.
    One moment stood she, and a spell
    His voice laid on her: Beren came,
    And doom fell on Tinúviel
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing you get from the tutorial is an easy 30-50 lockpicks (which may be enough for your entire character lifespan), a lot of beginner level cooking material, and a lot of water for alchemy. You can also get some armor for your character before you go out into the world, as the bag you get for skipping the tutorial is usually a cloth robe and a bow (seems that way for me anyways), so it literally throws you out there with nothing to really fight with.

It's not such a bad experience doing the tutorial in the beginning, but once you get your characters up and can just make gear and have it ready for your alts.

I say run it 3 times or so to collect enough lockpicks to never really need them again, then skip it all the other times, because by then you should be able to craft a whole bunch of starter gear for any of your future characters.