The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is dragon's defilement still relevant?

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
I was told it's not worth using anymore but then I was also told the same about runecarver but it turned out good anyway. Won't the pen from this set stack with alkosh? Or will it be too much and overpen? Planning to use it with crimson oath for trash and swap it with yolnah for boss. Don't have the dlc to use turning tide.
What's the problem with using dragon's defilement? Sounds cool on paper and want to try using it but need opinions before I blow what little transmutes I have.
Edited by Biscuit_290 on 2 April 2023 08:09
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its kinda wasted set as pierce armor already applies minor breach. And ice staff wall of elements applies aoe minor breach.
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard of it but can't find any such thing in the skill description or in its morphs. Do you need something else in combination with wall of elements to get minor breach?
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Its kinda wasted set as pierce armor already applies minor breach. And ice staff wall of elements applies aoe minor breach.

The tooltip for wall of elements says it 'reduces armour', not minor breach. So shouldn't they stack together to give even more pen?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The tooltip for wall of elements says it 'reduces armour', not minor breach. So shouldn't they stack together to give even more pen?

It is minor breach. Enemies have to be chilled though. You could use the set if you want to be sweaty but in dungeons trash already dies pretty fast and in trials minor breach would be applied by a warden or ice wall or puncture. Also, on second thought, if you want to reduce armor crimson oath is probably better.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

It is minor breach. Enemies have to be chilled though. You could use the set if you want to be sweaty but in dungeons trash already dies pretty fast and in trials minor breach would be applied by a warden or ice wall or puncture. Also, on second thought, if you want to reduce armor crimson oath is probably better.

You confused me. Tell me this- will the dragon's defilement minor breach and ice wall armour reduction stack?
    Edited by Biscuit_290 on 2 April 2023 13:35
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

You confused me. Tell me this- will the dragon's defilement minor breach and ice wall armour reduction stack?

No, they don't stack because ice wall is minor breach. When you have wall of elements on your bar with a frost staff equipped it changes from the vague "armor reduction" to "minor breach". If you want added penetration use tremorscale and/or crimson oath, those will stack with minor breach.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    understood
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    by the way, does tremorscale debuff scale or does only its physical damage scale?
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the way, does tremorscale debuff scale or does only its physical damage scale?

The damage. The debuff stays the same. Think the only set with a scaling debuff is Alkosh.
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    alright got it
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like @Kusto said, its a wasted buff on an otherwise meh set. Pierce Armor gives major and minor breach and taunts 100% of the time. Dragon's Defilement only gives minor breach and the range is small at 8 meters.

Turning Tide is far superior for both trash packs and bosses. Heck, almost any middling tank set is better than 2 stamina buffs and 2 health buffs with minor breach. But Major Vulnerability is a very strong debuff. You could easily run Crimson Oath + Yolna + Archdruid Devyric to get your armor debuff and Major Vulnerability