The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quality of Life Request - Sorcerer-King Orgnum

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Sorcerer-King Orgnum's Patron ability says the rules for how it works, but there isn't a good reason why it can't just say how much power it gives.

It's pretty obvious that the Designers don't necessarily believe drawn out esoteric thinking and planning to be a worthy skill in TOT. Short of waiting around to count every single card or playing a memory game to keep in mind exactly how many cards are in the deck, there isn't a way to figure out the power that Orgnum will give when using it's Patron ability.

So why not?
Edited by Personofsecrets on 25 March 2023 17:15
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    +1

I think there is very very few players that ever count their deck size and try to manage certain breakpoints with the Orgnum deck, the quality of life improvement here would benefit the majority of the player base a decent bit assuming the UI team could comfortably implement this.
    @PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PinkApple wrote: »
    +1

I think there is very very few players that ever count their deck size and try to manage certain breakpoints with the Orgnum deck, the quality of life improvement here would benefit the majority of the player base a decent bit assuming the UI team could comfortably implement this.

Thanks, and I saw your comment in the other thread which made me realize how an addon developer could possibly improve the experience using Orgnum too. I've been experimenting with it a bit more when going second and it made me realize this blind spot.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would be a very good addition to the Orgnum tooltip. Especially as it's not that easy to count your deck size. If you hover over your draw and discard pile it tells you how many of each individual dekcs you have (5 Crows, 4 St. Pelin, 6 treasury etc..) which does involve some basic maths, but you have your cards spread over 2 places and its not obvious whether the count for your draw pile includes your current hand or not. It can also be difficult to add everything up when you're either planning your next turn, or taking your current turn and you're tying to decide what to do as well as be aware of the timer.

Also for me personally I didn't know whether the Orgnum tooltip meant:
    1. The total of all the cards you own
    2. Only cards you have paid gold for
    3. All the cards that aren't treasury cards

I don't know why I thought that but yeah.. in short it would be great if the Orgnum tooltip updated with how much power you will actually gain when you use it.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    which does involve some basic maths, but you have your cards spread over 2 places and its not obvious whether the count for your draw pile includes your current hand or not. It can also be difficult to add everything up when you're either planning your next turn, or taking your current turn and you're tying to decide what to do as well as be aware of the timer.

Something that I want to add after reading your comment is how adding up the cards in the draw pile is inconvenient when using the Psijic Patron as well.

The numbers shown when hovering over the draw pile is the total number of cards of each class that are in the draw pile and hand. Sometimes one may have two of the Psijic cards and not want to cause their cooldown pile to shuffle. So lets say that you have 8 cards in the draw pile and a full hand that includes both Time Master and The Dreaming Cave. This is a total normal scenario.

In order to not cause the cooldown pile to shuffle, one would have to not have less than 4 cards in their draw pile when using Time Mastery or less than 5 cards in the draw pile when using The Dreaming Cave since The Dreaming Cave draws a card. So the draw pile hover will list 13 cards out, each from different factions to count, then one has to subtract from that number the number of cards in their hand. They have to do the match based on what combo chances they may want available in the draw pile. And finally comes the decision making process of what cards to pitch in a way that will never cause one of the Psijic cards to trigger the cooldown pile shuffle.

@ZOS_Kevin Just tagging you since the game giving clear information is sort of an important part of gameplay.
    Don't tank

• HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    Agree @Personofsecrets
    Another thing is that if you hover over your draw pile where it lists a mixture of what's in the pile plus what's in your hand, that doesn not include any agents you have on the table so you have to add those separately as well.