Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to place the collectible furnishing "Fan of the false face" into a house?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm trying to place the fan of the false face into my house, but it's not selectable to be placed in the house. It's in my Collections pages, though, under Furnishings | General. So how do I put it in the house ? Is there some special procedure for this of which I'm unaware ? I've placed some collectible furnishings in the house already, e.g. some undaunted trophies, but I can't work out how to place the fan in there.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont remember anything special to placing it. It was in one of my furnishing menus to select to place it
    Soupy twist
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't do it thought the collections menu, you place it like any other furnishing.

Go into the house, open the furnishing menu and pick place furnishings, then find it in the list. I'm not sure which category it comes under, but it should be in there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭
    should be under gallery/display
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homes have a limit on how many collectibles can be placed. Perhaps you already hit the limit with the trophies.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homes have a limit on how many collectibles can be placed. Perhaps you already hit the limit with the trophies.
    In this case you get an message, an hated one but still an message.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, all. I'm well under the current collectible furnishings limit (especially as I also have ESO+ active), but it's just not available to be placed. I also noticed I have numerous collectible furnishings in my Collections screen that also aren't available to be placed in my house. I'll add a screendump tonight when I have time, showing my current furniture amounts and limits, which will perhaps clarify things ?

@zaria : yes, I've had that message before, but didn't get it this time.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 21 March 2023 20:00
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Is it possable that you have placed the fan and its not where you want it by a couple of hundred meters by mistake?,

Its easy done, see if you can retrive it using the f5-browse-retrive tab.
    Edited by Barnicle on 21 March 2023 20:24
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi
    Is it possable that you have placed the fan and its not where you want it by a couple of hundred meters by mistake?,

Its easy done, see if you can retrive it using the f5-browse-retrive tab.
    It's possible, but not in my current house. I've been using the Hall of the Lunar Champion, and I only have 1 other 'house', which is the inn room in Solitude. The fan may still be in there, but I never noticed, because I haven't used the inn room for a while.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    User error. You are in the incorrect interface.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can place the fan in all of your houses. I've placed mine in several.

Check the retrieve tab in the housing menu and see it it's in there somewhere already.
    PCNA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    User error. You are in the incorrect interface.
    Yes, I'm ready to accept I may have done something wrong, but i don't know that yet. So what is the correct interface ?
    You can place the fan in all of your houses. I've placed mine in several.

Check the retrieve tab in the housing menu and see it it's in there somewhere already.
    Yes, I'll check if it's in the Retrieve tab later today when I'm back home.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 22 March 2023 01:12
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SilverBride , the fan was in my Retrieve selections, thanks for the tip. However, the fan wasn't in the Snowmelt Suite (my only other 'house', from back when I first started playing ESO in 2020 when Greymoor was released). So I don't know why it would be in the Retrieve selections.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 22 March 2023 05:51
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The retrieve feature will only retrieve items from the house you are in at the time. So if you placed an item in one house it won't show up in the retrieve tab of a different house.

Sometimes when placing items they can get stuck inside a wall or in the ceiling or floor. I've had that happen a few times. The only way to get them out is to use retrieve.
    PCNA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The retrieve feature will only retrieve items from the house you are in at the time. So if you placed an item in one house it won't show up in the retrieve tab of a different house.

Sometimes when placing items they can get stuck inside a wall or in the ceiling or floor. I've had that happen a few times. The only way to get them out is to use retrieve.
    Thanks for the info.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 22 March 2023 09:40