The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Did you hear there's a mini event on?

jad11mumbler
jad11mumbler
✭✭✭✭✭
2i86cryrotln.png

I think an event is happening.

No but real talk, maybe a popup on almost every character relog isn't needed?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 18 March 2023 18:04
174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing that, some tutorials however have turned themselves on when the option is absolutely turned off.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not seeing that, some tutorials however have turned themselves on when the option is absolutely turned off.

Yep. I have Tutorials turned off, but I got one when I used a lockpick right after the patch on Monday.
    But, that has been the only time, so far.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      2i86cryrotln.png

I think an event is happening.

No but real talk, maybe a popup on almost every character relog isn't needed?

Why do you think they call it "Chaos Ball"?
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    • MaleAmazon
      MaleAmazon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It´s great. Now I know not to queue for BGs this weekend.
    • The_Titan_Tim
      The_Titan_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MaleAmazon wrote: »

Right, it’s going to be all Healers and PvE tanks, these weekend “events” are such a missed opportunity.

Instead of cycling standard modes, there should be unique weekend variants that actually mix things up, rather than make players skip whole weekends of Battlegrounds when it’s anything other than Deathmatch.
    • Diatonic
      Diatonic
      ✭✭
      Each to their own. I did a few BGs today specifically BECAUSE it was chaosball.
    • Kisakee
      Kisakee
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, it’s going to be all Healers and PvE tanks, these weekend “events” are such a missed opportunity.

Instead of cycling standard modes, there should be unique weekend variants that actually mix things up, rather than make players skip whole weekends of Battlegrounds when it’s anything other than Deathmatch.

There are actually people enjoying the different game modes, not everyone wants to mindlessly hack and slash everything in sight.
      "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    • robwolf666
      robwolf666
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hard to miss it really, not that I do PvP or group events... ever. I wish we could opt out of alerts for those particular events.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I haven't had it on every character. I got it once on the character select screen when I first logged in after it started, and then I think it's on the login reward window but I only see that the first time I log in each day and I don't really look at it.

I do think it's funny that when there's an event on we get a massive banner across the character select screen which we have to clear to do anything else. But then I was one of the people who used to say events were too easy to miss when they first started running them, because there used to be no notification in the game itself. You had to check the news on the main site and remember the start date or see something on their social media. (Or spot the quest starter in the crown store.)

I imagine someone thought they were doing enough to tell players about it, got annoyed at people saying they didn't know and decided to make absolutely sure no one could possibly miss the announcement.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Androrix
      Androrix
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't mind because the art is pretty awesome!!!

The new splash screens are great too!
    • The_Titan_Tim
      The_Titan_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kisakee wrote: »

There are actually people enjoying the different game modes, not everyone wants to mindlessly hack and slash everything in sight.

Tanks kill obj. They don’t protect players or kill players. They head into BGs and just sit on objectives and there’s nothing you can do in this meta to take them out.

You could have 4 people attacking them and yield no results. This game doesn’t have sufficient counters to blockcasting. At least in Deathmatch you can ignore them.

Sorcerers and Nightblades get actively punished in Obj as their best abilities are completely locked out when holding the Chaosball, a Relic, and don’t synergize with Flag games. You can’t get the guaranteed critical from your Shadowy Disguise, or your stun and damage from Streak. The abilities get greyed out completely.

There are way fewer players queuing into Battleground weekends during obj weekends than regularly during the week, and not even a third compared to when it’s Deathmatch. Yet my original comment flew over your head…

I don’t want an only Deathmatch weekend, even though the majority of players would be happier with it.

Look at other games in the past that have had successful weekend playlists.

One such example was Halo 3. During the weekends on that game, you’d see game modes like Team Snipers, Shotguns, Swords, Griffball, Infection, and Fiesta.

ALL of which providing double XP.

If you were around for those times, and into FPS games, you would have seen how successful those playlists were, and how much excitement they created… it’s not exciting to get the same game modes that are accessible during the regular week, and when you have trolls killing Obj or your class isn’t supported, it’s a stay away order.
      Edited by The_Titan_Tim on 18 March 2023 15:54
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • OBJnoob
      OBJnoob
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well. I like the Bg weekends, and I'm glad to hear some people are enjoying Chaosball. My only complaint is that they last 4 days. 2 full days would be sufficient I think. I don't much want to play any one thing for 4 days.
    • tincanman
      tincanman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      +25% ap isn't a whole lot of inducement.