The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

U37/PC - Break Free Animation is horrendously bugged in PVP (with video explanation)

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

This issue was not resolved in today's 4/11 patch. When you break free, your animations are still invisible for several moments.

When will this be resolved? This is a serious combat bug that significantly disrupts the flow of combat. You cannot tell what you're doing when you break free, and you cannot tell what your opponents are doing when they break free.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

This issue was not resolved in today's 4/11 patch. When you break free, your animations are still invisible for several moments.

When will this be resolved? This is a serious combat bug that significantly disrupts the flow of combat. You cannot tell what you're doing when you break free, and you cannot tell what your opponents are doing when they break free.

Oh no... I was hoping this would be resolved as well in today's maintenance. Could @ZOS_Kevin please let us know if this will be included in a later patch maintenance? It's pretty essential for combat, especially in PvP.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If trial bosses were sending out attacks without animations, how long would it take to fix?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If trial bosses were sending out attacks without animations, how long would it take to fix?

The bug actually does happen in PVE too, as far as being stunned by an npc and breaking free goes.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is still present. Here is a clip from today (4/14) demonstrating the bug. After the first break free I cast caltrops, after the second I cast wall of elements, and after the third I cast destro ult. You cannot see the animations for any of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzQDBH0xok
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

This bug is fixed on the PTS. Does this mean we'll be dealing with a completely bugged break free for the entirety of update 37, or are you planning to roll out that fix (which you earlier stated had passed QA and would be included in the 4/11 patch) in an upcoming incremental?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

This bug is fixed on the PTS. Does this mean we'll be dealing with a completely bugged break free for the entirety of update 37, or are you planning to roll out that fix (which you earlier stated had passed QA and would be included in the 4/11 patch) in an upcoming incremental?

Good question. I'm relieved to hear this is fixed on PTS at least, but these core combat bugs should not be allowed to persist as long as they do. It's a very worrying trend.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have an update on this?

This happens every single break free. It isn't limited to pvp or pve, and it impacts everyone. It is a serious combat issue that shouldn't be left alone for the entire patch.

It is fixed on the PTS. Are we going to have to wait until update 38 to see this issue resolved on the live server?

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the bug with hardened ward also please
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is still present after the 4/24 PC Incremental patch.

There has now been four incremental patches where this issue has not been fixed. The issue is fixed on the PTS, which means that zenimax has fixed the problem but is not releasing the fix to the live server.

When can we expect this issue to be resolved on the live server? Are we going to have to deal with a broken break free for the entirety of this patch?

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To underscore the severity of this issue:

My partner just managed to get ALL of the visual effects of DK's Standard and Wall of Elements cancelled.

I bashed her while she was channeling. Then I found myself sitting in Standard or Wall of Elements - I could only see the damage taken (in my scrolling combat text and my health going down), but there was no visual evidence whatsoever that either Standard or Wall was cast. There was no way to see the AoEs at all.

(We were testing in a duel, but imagine what this does in PvP in general.)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can one of you please provide an update on this? The issue was not resolved in any recent patches, however it is patched on the PTS. Are we going to need to wait until next patch for this bug to be fixed?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll just have a broken break free for an entire 4 month patch cycle, then?

Amazing that a core combat mechanic can break like this, and zenimax doesn't seem to care. Even more bizarre that it is fixed on the PTS, but that fix has not been released to the live server in either of the two incremental patches that have happened since the PTS went live.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would expect a bug with this level of visibility, affecting this much content, to be more of a priority.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of par for the course. If they don't fix it 1 or 2 maintenances after the update hits; they wait until the next. I can only guess they only have one test environment to work on and at some point, it's just mixed in with the next release
  • emelee_ESO
    emelee_ESO
    ✭✭
    I noticed this bug last night in a BG with capture the relic. I stunned someone trying to take a relic, they broke free, and then they just stood there, no animations. I'm watching them so I can interrupt them again as I was dealing with their team mate and suddenly, with no animations, they had the relic. I have this recorded as well.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    emelee_ESO wrote: »
    I noticed this bug last night in a BG with capture the relic. I stunned someone trying to take a relic, they broke free, and then they just stood there, no animations. I'm watching them so I can interrupt them again as I was dealing with their team mate and suddenly, with no animations, they had the relic. I have this recorded as well.

Should be fixed in two days on PC.