Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SOLVED] What are the new daily timer resets, exactly ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The pinned update 37 timers thread is a bit scant on details, only saying that "certain" timers have been set to the same as the daily reward times, but which ones ? There are several timers I can think of (apart from endeavours, which the thread specifically mentioned):
- crafting writs
- dragonguard chest
- undaunted pledges
- thieves guild laundering
- (there may be more, I'm no expert on what all the timers are)
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 March 2023 17:08
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the 8.3.5 patch notes:
    Many daily timers have been aligned to the same time as the Daily Login Reward (3am UTC for European servers and 10am UTC for North American servers), including:
    • Activity Finder’s First of the Day participations and wins
    • Daily Enlightenment Experience gains
    • Daily Quests and Endeavors
    • Daily Writs and Hireling mails
      • Note: The Crafting Hireling Rank 3 passives, which used to send 12 hours after the last one, will now send mail daily with double the materials.
    • A variety of other miscellaneous items including Riding Skill Training, Fence, Launder Limits, and Remains-Silent
    Several weekly timers have been aligned to reset on Tuesdays at the same time as the daily resets, including:
    • Trial, Solo and Battleground Leaderboards
    • Weekly Quests and Black Sacraments
    • Event Tickets
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can say that the daily random normal dungeon timer is not 20 hours anymore (or maybe it was 24 hrs before, not sure). it resets at the same time as crafting dailies
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    From the 8.3.5 patch notes:
    Many daily timers have been aligned to the same time as the Daily Login Reward (3am UTC for European servers and 10am UTC for North American servers), including:
    • Activity Finder’s First of the Day participations and wins
    • Daily Enlightenment Experience gains
    • Daily Quests and Endeavors
    • Daily Writs and Hireling mails
      • Note: The Crafting Hireling Rank 3 passives, which used to send 12 hours after the last one, will now send mail daily with double the materials.
    • A variety of other miscellaneous items including Riding Skill Training, Fence, Launder Limits, and Remains-Silent
    Several weekly timers have been aligned to reset on Tuesdays at the same time as the daily resets, including:
    • Trial, Solo and Battleground Leaderboards
    • Weekly Quests and Black Sacraments
    • Event Tickets
    Thanks, Mait! :) I didn't see those patch notes, I guess I should pay more attention in future. I guess I'll have to check the dragonguard chest myself, I'll just check it just after 0300 UTC on the weekend and see if it's reset yet.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh This is fantastic!!! I'm so grateful for this, my all-over-the-place schedule will no longer stand in the way of playing the way I want. I will no longer have to feel stressed and discouraged about when during the day I can play :)

Thank you so much for this, great QoL improvement :)
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About damn time, the whole rolling 20 hour timer was an immense pain in the ass.

That you were never sure what timer was on what just made it super frustrating.

So glad they finally made this change.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that they have standardised so many timers.

Would have been nice if it wasn't in the middle of prime-time for Australian east-coast, but we're used to losing out with maintenance so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    PC - NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »
    I'm glad that they have standardised so many timers.

Would have been nice if it wasn't in the middle of prime-time for Australian east-coast, but we're used to losing out with maintenance so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    Until recently, the maintenance started 8pm AEDT, but the last one was 7pm, no idea why. I prefer the 8pm time, gives me a little bit more playing time before getting ready for bed and work tomorrow. In any case, any time they choose is going to inconvenience someone in some time zone, so my comment is just an observation, not a complaint. :)
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    In Queensland the endeavours and crafting writs used to reset at 4PM, now I see endeavours are at 8PM. I guess writs are the same?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Queensland the endeavours and crafting writs used to reset at 4PM, now I see endeavours are at 8PM. I guess writs are the same?
    8pm? My writs/endeavours are now resetting at 2pm (5pm before the change). I'm in Victoria, currently UTC+11, and the EU reset times are now 0300 in UTC+0 (aka GMT), which makes it 2pm my time zone.
    Oh, never mind, I just realised you must be using the NA server, which has a completely different reset time. I'm on EU. My mistake! :)
    Edited by vsrs_au on 18 March 2023 12:04
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Which is the reset time for Imperial City daily rewards to get Siege of Cyrodiil Merit ?
    Is it still 20 hours like before patch or is it on the standard reset timer ?

PC | EU
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Which is the reset time for Imperial City daily rewards to get Siege of Cyrodiil Merit ?
    Is it still 20 hours like before patch or is it on the standard reset timer ?

This is the reply!
    Thanks very much to Oleg!
    Thanks to @Rishikesa108 for pointing this out to Oleg.

ESOUI.jpg

OlegS wrote:
    Since 2.2.7 build, all three timers in this tab are set to the new daily reset time (03:00 UTC for EU and 10:00 UTC for NA).

Edited by Gandalf_72 on 19 March 2023 12:50
    PC | EU