The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

a Friend and I did a random dungeon around level 25 as a tank and healer.

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
for fun, we do them as low levels so we dont get DLC dungeons and usually get noob DPS that are fun to help through dungeons. we like to just walk and tank and heal so they have fun.

got a sorc that was CP:1600+ (man its always sorcs) sprinting past mobs and zerging the dungeon.

fine whatever, we drop party and re form to find a new group.

cept we are hit with a penalty for leaving and have to sit in timeout for 10~ minutes.

thats AWESOME.

this games dungeon system is a turd.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 March 2023 17:23
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to ask speedy to slow down? Or maybe try to kick him? Better to at least try the limited options available imo.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have two people, get two companions to go with you. They may be combat fodder, but at least they don't run ahead.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get matched with a newbie who you wanted to carry and instead got matched with someone who sprinted ahead.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misuse of a tool doesn't make the tool something worth blaming. Being unfamiliar with the tool either. Don't like what random gives then just form a group, find your newbies to carry in starting zones or guilds, if that's your idea of fun.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you had a bad experience in the dungeonfinder, ZOS needs to fix things like this ASAP!
    Misuse of a tool doesn't make the tool something worth blaming. Being unfamiliar with the tool either. Don't like what random gives then just form a group, find your newbies to carry in starting zones or guilds, if that's your idea of fun.
    "Do not blame the burglar, your locks were easily picked!" ... Yeah no, some people will always abuse what they can. Do not blame the victim. Because some players always abuse whatever they can, ZOS needs to set boundaries. As this is an online game, and boundaries are to be expected. "Free to do as you wish" does not work in MMO's where we play with others.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have two people, get two companions to go with you. They may be combat fodder, but at least they don't run ahead.

Companions are great for doing things solo or duo, if you get tilted by other players with a playstyle that conflicts with yours.

This is not a dig. I have honestly not ever run a random dungeon in this game. I know for a fact there are a lot of great people playing the game but it's unfortunately the case that bad experiences hit harder and undermine a lot of the good ones. I am long past the time where I was okay with the roller-coaster of random dungeon queues in mmorpgs.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Sorry you had a bad experience in the dungeonfinder, ZOS needs to fix things like this ASAP!
    "Do not blame the burglar, your locks were easily picked!" ... Yeah no, some people will always abuse what they can. Do not blame the victim. Because some players always abuse whatever they can, ZOS needs to set boundaries. As this is an online game, and boundaries are to be expected. "Free to do as you wish" does not work in MMO's where we play with others.

What's the abuse in here exactly? There's no victim, there's two parties with different and conflicting ideas of what rnd should deliver. One is there to carry some newbies and the other isn't one and want to be done asap with a slog. If you like to make yourself a victim go along, everyone have fun in their own ways.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

@Sarannah how would you recommend ZoS fix this since I can't figure a realistic way for them to fix player generated behavior like the OP describes outside of the kick from group tools that ZoS has already provided. The timeout is supposed to be a deterrent to prevent people from dropping even if it's for legitimate reasons. If I'm hit with the penalty on the rare occasion that I drop due to a fake tank I just swap toons, run the RND and re-log after the run.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get matched with a newbie who you wanted to carry and instead got matched with someone who sprinted ahead.

This, though there are low-level players that spring ahead also as they are still experienced players.

However, the issue is two-fold. The problem is OP and their friend asked for a random group and got exactly that. Random people with random interests.

Then there is the penalty design to prevent people from quickly dropping a group because they do not like the randomness they got. The idea is to give it a chance which includes trying to work things out as the timer for the penalty starts when the group forms up.

My suggestion to OP is to form the group beforehand to ensure having like-minded players in the group as the group finder did exactly what it was asked to do.
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with people speedrunning dungeons, but if there are less experienced players, I always take it slow. Nothing worse than being unable to look for chests because all the enemies are still alive and you’re playing support.
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Otherwise running the random gauntlet will give you what it gave you.

I guess you could ask. Also, with 2 of you you could initiate the vote-to-kick option if your request isn't listened to - and that fixes that problem if the other player votes for it, too. Incidentally, the speed runner won;t care if kicked - they don't get the queue penalty you, OP, got.

But, really, @phaneub17_ESO is the thread genius here. :)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is when the 10 transmute crystals and xp bonus is locked behind this randomness. You must subject yourself to this if you want these materials and perks. That is the problem. I have seen this as well and have really been annoyed especially if someone is trying to do the quest while super speed goes ahead and aggros the bosses pulling everyo e to them in the process. It isn't right.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    The problem is when the 10 transmute crystals and xp bonus is locked behind this randomness. You must subject yourself to this if you want these materials and perks. That is the problem.

I agree.

First off, it would be nice if we could attempt random dungeons in a smaller preset group (with or without our companions).

Given that the basic dungeons can be done solo, it seems like forcing interactions between players that want quick clears and those that want a more relaxed pace is just creating angst where there needn't be any.

But generally speaking it would be nice to make transmutes available from more activities. Maybe it's because I don't pvp either, but at this point I most often skip pledges because 1 crystal is not really worth the doing the dungeon over doing something else. The other source I had was the ToT purses, but I took a few months break and now something seems to have changed in those as I got a lot less than before (ditto furnishing plans) and consequently ToT fell down in the list of gametime priorities.
  • SleepyJoe90
    Zerging by higher level players doesn't help those new to the game.
    I think that dungeon finder should give players the option of limiting group members to be within a small range of character levels or at the very least in a similar manner to Cyrodill server selection.
    That way zerging ability would be limited.