The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fashion Witch Ensemble Review: How it dyes, fits etc.

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Pondering if you shall buy the new costume? At a whooping 1,600 crown cost it's not a light purchase for some, especially with how the quality check can leave much to be desired. Which is what this thread is for! I checked, so you don't have to chance.

How does it dye:

Good!
Colours appears true to themselves, matte dyes stay matte, glossy ones still appear glossy, though maybe a tiny bit less shiny.
The only undyeable parts are the small buttons and metal buckles which are in a subtle iron/silver colour.

Example and reference screenshot:
Fashion-Witch-Ensembl.png

How does it fit:

Decent. Whenever chest pieces start poke down over the lower half there's a chance the dreaded tutu effect will appear, but on this costume there's no such thing or it's minimal. Could only see a noticeable effect on my fat male character test, but it doesn't stick out weirdly, just the vest not being flattering with his belly.
It's not all good, though. There's a little slimming on the arms and on male characters the sleeves and the waistcoat looks a bit too short with the waist at an odd place, making it look ill-fitting. This is more noticeable on some bodies more than others. There might also be a tiny bit of slimming on the legs or at least give the appearance of such. So I think the costume looks better on female characters, which is a pity. It often feels like costumes for male characters suffer.

Four of my fit tests with characters of varying body types.
Fashion-Witch-Ensembl2.png
Fashion-Witch-Ensembl3.png

Other things to know:

The hat does not make you bald, not exactly. It covers the back of your head with a bonnet or something.

On the whole, it is a rather good costume which seems to have been properly quality checked for once, but with some odd fit, especially on male characters.
Fashion-Witch-Ensembl4.png
Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on 12 May 2023 17:59
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hat's strange, it's like it has another hat underneath it (Sadrith Mora Quilted Snood, look below), but other than that I like it.

ON-hat-Sadrith_Mora_Quilted_Snood.jpg
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU