The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUEST] Reduce costs for name change tokens

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
The crown costs for a name change token is 2.5 times the cost for a cosmetic change.

I think this name change token should cost the same as the cosmetic change token as the name is also cosmetic. I'd rather see the cost for an alliance change token go up.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 March 2023 18:10
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id rather see that stuff for free, or at the very least included in occasional monthly daily rewards system
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cosmetic change should either be free or cost gold. I'm still upset at that and still won't use it even though I have a name-grabbed character from preorder access in 2014 that needs a cosmetic change.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetic change should either be free or cost gold. I'm still upset at that and still won't use it even though I have a name-grabbed character from preorder access in 2014 that needs a cosmetic change.

I don’t think I’ve ever played an online game where it was free. I think all of them may have cost real money too although in SWTOR the cost varied a lot depending on what you were changing, and ESO does allow infinite changing of hairstyle, adornments, and markings after one time fees, which is really nice, actually. Expecting it to be totally free or in-game is not really reasonable I don’t think.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may be wrong, but I suspect a character name change is more than just cosmetic, because the change in name may impact various ESO internal databases.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don’t think I’ve ever played an online game where it was free. I think all of them may have cost real money too although in SWTOR the cost varied a lot depending on what you were changing, and ESO does allow infinite changing of hairstyle, adornments, and markings after one time fees, which is really nice, actually. Expecting it to be totally free or in-game is not really reasonable I don’t think.

In WoW you spent a little gold to change your appearance. In Pirates of the Burning Sea you changed your appearance for free whenever you want.

[snip]

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 8 March 2023 15:15
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I suspect a character name change is more than just cosmetic, because the change in name may impact various ESO internal databases.

Mh, I don't think that this is a reason for name change tokens costing real money.

If you buy one and activate it the change is immediate so there is no real person answering to a name change request. So it does cost zero money to ZON as it is automatized.

Anyhow I am quite certain that each character has an internal id number that points to a container collecting character definition essentials (skills, level, inventory, body shape AND name) and it is not sorted by the alphanumerical name.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard agree. The price is absurdly high for what it is. As much as we need gold sinks in the game, I can understand why it doesn't cost gold though (apart from general greed on ZOS' part).

The game already has a massive gap between ultra millionaires and regular players. So to make it a proper gold sink it would have to cost a LOT, which would put it out of reach for most players, but you'd still have ultra-rich players changing their names whenever they feel like it on a whim.

So costing real money makes sense I guess. But it really should be cheaper.