Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quick & Simple question about using a bow

Sue_D_Nim
Sue_D_Nim
✭✭✭
I almost feel as though I'm wasting space asking this, but I didn't find the answer on my own and I don't want to hijack somebody else's thread.

Is there a way to withdraw your arrow and cancel the shot once you've nocked an arrow?

I know it's not even technically a thing, because the ammo's unlimited. I'm just a little too OCD to like feeling as though I'm wasting arrows. There's also the possibility that I could attract enemy attention if I'm trying to remain hidden but have no choice but to let that arrow fly in some random direction, or noisily strike the ground at my own feet.
"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
"Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    I use my alt key to cancel. Alt brings up the last screen accessed, for me thats usually my map. I feel the same way you do :)
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    Or press Z
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    Pressing Z makes a lot more sense. Doesnt that make you go out of combat stance?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabia wrote: »
    Pressing Z makes a lot more sense. Doesnt that make you go out of combat stance?

Yes it does.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've been using Alt, but I find that to really break the mood and flow, not to mention the danger of making myself vulnerable for a few seconds during combat.

Pressing Z has no effect in mid-shot; that is to say, once I'm already holding down the "fire" button. That's what I was after. If I'm just standing there in combat stance, it shows my character with an arrow nocked, but that's immaterial because it's just an idle animation so there's no shot to cancel.

Oh, well. Just one more little annoyance.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on 31 March 2014 17:02
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    Try right click or just shot the Arrow at ur feet :P
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • ManiacMcLaughton
    Ithug wrote: »
    While this seems "obvious", if you drew on someone, i have seen the arrow "turn" towards the person you drew the bow down on, even extreme. Not sure if it was a bug for the arrow to take a heavy turn up away from the ground, but it can/does happen
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    While this seems "obvious", if you drew on someone, i have seen the arrow "turn" towards the person you drew the bow down on, even extreme. Not sure if it was a bug for the arrow to take a heavy turn up away from the ground, but it can/does happen
    Yeah, I've had arrows do a 180 degree turn and hit the target I was aiming at before I turned away from them. I know there's a large hit box to account for latency, but that's a little extreme.

So, just letting it fly is not really a good solution.

• Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    Alright, for spell you can just right click it cancel the spell. Try it with a bow ... and stop crying :open_mouth:
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't aware that I was crying. I thought I was asking a legitimate question.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be loathe to do that, I might accidentally take an arrow to the knee!

(see what I did there) ;)

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS