The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Literally no proposed feedback has been considered

• Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't claim PTS feedback is taken seriously when you just had the blunder of Update 35. There was plenty of evidence showing the changes were not reaching their desired outcome, yet it was ignored. The response was telling us not to have knee jerk reactions, and that change is scary. This also happened with Mara's Balm and Oakensoul, just to name a few in recent memory.

It's discouraging to see the player base identify why things are problematic yet the developers of the game itself seem oblivious to very blatant problems.

How seriously they take it and how fast they take action can and do seem to be two different things. I think they honestly do take the feedback seriously but that they just have a larger plan that isn't shared with players for better or for worse.

Basically we're passengers on the ZOS train and short of something actually blocking the tracks and truly affecting the bottom line, they are going to make it to the destination.

Options
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does PVP Stand for player vs PTS Because that’s what it’s starting to sound like reading all these posts.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    Does PVP Stand for player vs PTS Because that’s what it’s starting to sound like reading all these posts.

You have a better chance of killing a guard if that's the case 😂
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    It's of no relevance that thousands, even millions, of people don't understand something or care about something, to whether the few who do are right.

There are people in here who know the game inside out back to front, played for years, and their comments are worth being taken seriously by zos.

Incorrect in this situation as right is subjective and all will be affected by any choice made. And nobody says ZOS isn't taking it seriously but that doesn't mean they don't have their own agenda that supercedes.

It would certainly help if that agenda were clearly outlined and people had some idea of what to expect. Everything just seems to pop out of nowhere and randomly. Not good customer experience.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    It's of no relevance that thousands, even millions, of people don't understand something or care about something, to whether the few who do are right.

There are people in here who know the game inside out back to front, played for years, and their comments are worth being taken seriously by zos.

Incorrect in this situation as right is subjective and all will be affected by any choice made. And nobody says ZOS isn't taking it seriously but that doesn't mean they don't have their own agenda that supercedes.

It would certainly help if that agenda were clearly outlined and people had some idea of what to expect. Everything just seems to pop out of nowhere and randomly. Not good customer experience.

Exactly...this top secret "vision" got old after the first couple of years.
    Options
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even the point of having PTS feedback threads when 99% of the feedback is either entirely ignored and goes unanswered by the devs, or takes several patches after the feedback is given to finally be acted upon?

Discussions like DK chains, changes to harmony traits affecting/nerfing PvP necromancer, how poor destruction staves are performing in endgame PvE and how awful Templar and Sorc are - they’re *now* problems and not “wait 3 months to hopefully see 1 or 2 of these things get acted upon” and this is just scraping the surface of how much feedback is given in this patch alone that doesn’t seem to have a resolution or even acknowledgement for most of it, considering these are considered legitimate issues in combat balance.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on 1 March 2023 03:29
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForumBully wrote: »

I mean honestly I think that's player's fault for calling it top secret or making it seem like it's not apparent. The vision is pretty much do what we think is best, consider feedback if it fits mostly into what we were going to do anyway, and lastly but very important make money. That's the it.

Not saying people within ZOS don't care but at the end of the day it's clear that bottom line overrides passion project.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft wrote: »
    What is even the point of having PTS feedback threads when 99% of the feedback is either entirely ignored and goes unanswered by the devs, or takes several patches after the feedback is given to finally be acted upon?

Discussions like DK chains, changes to harmony traits affecting/nerfing PvP necromancer, how poor destruction staves are performing in endgame PvE and how awful Templar and Sorc are - they’re *now* problems and not “wait 3 months to hopefully see 1 or 2 of these things get acted upon” and this is just scraping the surface of how much feedback is given in this patch alone that doesn’t seem to have a resolution or even acknowledgement for most of it, considering these are considered legitimate issues in combat balance.

In any customer facing situation it's usually good to maintain some level of seeming like you care about them. That way if asked you can say hey we do xyz to work with our customers. It might not even function that week but at least you can say you made the effort. You're basically saying a technical example of a complaint box at any given corporation. It's there to say we listen lol.
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean honestly I think that's player's fault for calling it top secret or making it seem like it's not apparent. The vision is pretty much do what we think is best, consider feedback if it fits mostly into what we were going to do anyway, and lastly but very important make money. That's the it.

Not saying people within ZOS don't care but at the end of the day it's clear that bottom line overrides passion project.

Well, they muddy the waters by occasionally referring to some vision for both class identity and skills and mechanics....we had had Harmony nerfed because after a few years it suddenly wasn't what they "intended".
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the point of PTS is not for the players to tell the developers what needs to be done. It is for the players to play the game while the developers collect data and make adjustments, usually minor ones, to decisions that were made weeks or months before.

As near as I can tell... It takes them weeks to collect and analyze data, and weeks to decide what to do and do it. I would imagine that only part of that gets done before the next Update hits PTS.

I think people get the impression that the ZOS PTS experience is some sort of peer-level experience, but really, it is more of a user experience test, and a very uni-directional one at that. Data flows towards ZOS much more freely than the other direction.

Not making excuses, or justifications, just saying what it looks like to me.

That said, they do pay attention to player feedback. The story is that this is how ZOS_Gilliam got a job with them.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they muddy the waters by occasionally referring to some vision for both class identity and skills and mechanics....we had had Harmony nerfed because after a few years it suddenly wasn't what they "intended".

These days you almost have to try to put a pretty spin on any ugly truth. It allows those that want to believe it or who just don't care enough to question it a chance to go on about their day including ZOS. I don't agree with the practice but I understand that's just business in America these days.

We've all seen things like this be handled much better by other companies. Just isn't exactly the case here.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In any customer facing situation it's usually good to maintain some level of seeming like you care about them. That way if asked you can say hey we do xyz to work with our customers. It might not even function that week but at least you can say you made the effort. You're basically saying a technical example of a complaint box at any given corporation. It's there to say we listen lol.

You've got the worst vision of companies. And i don't think you think theres any market forces applying ever.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I think people get the impression that the ZOS PTS experience is some sort of peer-level experience, but really, it is more of a user experience test, and a very uni-directional one at that. Data flows towards ZOS much more freely than the other direction.

Not making excuses, or justifications, just saying what it looks like to me.

Yup a misunderstanding that ZOS has yet to clarify which people then continue to operate on.

This is pretty common though when a developer doesn't set some type of customer expectation outright and stick to it.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32visv902bka.jpg
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Literally no proposed feedback has been considered"

I recommended 10% increased shield strength 3 months ago and they made the change.

Shields are a primary defense identity for the Sorcerer class, but since the balance adjustments to shields in years past, the class has struggled a little bit to keep up defensively in ways that helped reinforce this feeling. We're making a targeted adjustment to try and help their core class shield to make them stand out above others, while avoiding the concerns of shield stacking in years past.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 2 March 2023 05:59
    PC NA
    Options
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I recommended 10% increased shield strength 3 months ago and they made the change.

Shields are a primary defense identity for the Sorcerer class, but since the balance adjustments to shields in years past, the class has struggled a little bit to keep up defensively in ways that helped reinforce this feeling. We're making a targeted adjustment to try and help their core class shield to make them stand out above others, while avoiding the concerns of shield stacking in years past.

Congratulations. And with every patch I see only nerfs for the necromancer. I think that the developers will have something to itch if they once again do not nerf the STRONGEST CLASS IN THE GAME. With each patch, I'm waiting not for any update, but for the necromancer to be nerfed again.

At least you got a shield boost)
    Edited by Melzo on 2 March 2023 08:02
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Melzo wrote: »

Congratulations. And with every patch I see only nerfs for the necromancer. I think that the developers will have something to itch if they once again do not nerf the STRONGEST CLASS IN THE GAME. With each patch, I'm waiting not for any update, but for the necromancer to be nerfed again.

At least you got a shield boost)

I PvP on all 6 classes and when I play Sorc, it's a Stam Sorc which doesn't use shields. But thanks anyways :smile:

And yes, I agree Necro is bottom tier at the moment.
    PC NA
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any take backs on that Genie wish, because our little shield buff isn't going to help anything.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got the worst vision of companies. And i don't think you think theres any market forces applying ever.

Generally speaking when your company grows to a sufficient size there are just certain principles that start to apply. Find me any large corporation and I'll show you where it's about numbers vs people. There are exceptions to every rule of course but I've worked for enough good and bad corporations to know how these things play.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally speaking when your company grows to a sufficient size there are just certain principles that start to apply. Find me any large corporation and I'll show you where it's about numbers vs people. There are exceptions to every rule of course but I've worked for enough good and bad corporations to know how these things play.

Any company that doesnt listen to its customers ultimately goes under. There's no other rule in a market economy. If you can't sell your stuff, you're toast.
    Options
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any company that doesnt listen to its customers ultimately goes under. There's no other rule in a market economy. If you can't sell your stuff, you're toast.

Only when the customers actually stop paying. I know a lot of people who hate a great many things about the game that still have ESO plus and still buy crowns.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only when the customers actually stop paying. I know a lot of people who hate a great many things about the game that still have ESO plus and still buy crowns.

That's the most frustrating part. They offer things that are not really offered elsewhere or at least; not quite that are any better. So people are stuck between nothing and screaming into the void
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, it's done all the time though I admit you need to meet certain conditions which ZOS sort of is.

See in a way they do listen, it's just that they really do stuff that's ok that enough people are ok with.

I'd trade this new class for performance and balance but they know they can make more easy money on the class and technically they can say they listened even though it was really about making money.

In business you can really manipulate things to your favor and push your customers around a bit if you have the right product and manipulate them correctly.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the most frustrating part. They offer things that are not really offered elsewhere or at least; not quite that are any better. So people are stuck between nothing and screaming into the void

And ZOS knows just how to work with what they have. I really can't be upset at them for making a buck. They have families to feed too and to be honest as much as the game has sucked from time to time it has given me hours of entertainment [snip]

[Edited for Quitting Post]
    Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 3 March 2023 16:09
    Options
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever one’s take on the combat dev team’s awareness/lack thereof may be, Tales of Tribute and U35 clearly demonstrated a significant disconnect with the Entire ESO Playerbase and lack of vision.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 3 March 2023 16:36
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they've got the data on the card game that says it's being played. I think they would not add to it, if it werent.

And I've seen an old old thread in here with someone asking for a game to play in the taverns.
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, it's done all the time though I admit you need to meet certain conditions which ZOS sort of is.

See in a way they do listen, it's just that they really do stuff that's ok that enough people are ok with.

I'd trade this new class for performance and balance but they know they can make more easy money on the class and technically they can say they listened even though it was really about making money.

In business you can really manipulate things to your favor and push your customers around a bit if you have the right product and manipulate them correctly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Defunct_video_game_companies_of_the_United_States

Dozens and dozens of failed companies just in the us alone. Even with big titles. You are just talking utter utter nonsense. 'In business you can really manipulate the customer' lol 😆
    Edited by Pelanora on 3 March 2023 18:58
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they've got the data on the card game that says it's being played. I think they would not add to it, if it werent.

And I've seen an old old thread in here with someone asking for a game to play in the taverns.

Thing with the card game is that they designed the system into nagging and bullying you into it --- they put the screaming billboard in every single town in places where most people go... you really can't escape it, unless you never sell off treasure, craft, or improve your mounts.

Then, in order to stop it, you have to do 2 quests, one to go hear about the game, and then you HAVE to WIN a match... or she's right back there with "there you are" every time you pass by.....

The kick to the crotch, though, is that while EVERY single character has to do this, to get rid of her, they track your wins, even the ones you are forced into.... over the account, which means that there is a chance you will earn enough on an account with enough alts, that you will be forced into the tournament.... que up the screaming billboard again.... which, again, has to be done individually on every character, while the points are tallied up account wide.

And, in that tournament, you have to WIN 3 games per character, or be subject to the screaming billboard ... you can't lose, and just be one of the no names that failed and left the circuit... oh no, you ABSOLUTELY MUST become a tournament champion, so an NPC can pay off some of his gambling debts, or be screamed at, until you do.

I DELETED alts to ensure I didn't get enough points to trigger the NEXT level of tournament......
    As did the two other players, who's accounts I pay for... and who have vowed that they are just going to hit their sound button off, whenever in town, now..... as their means of ending the screaming.

IT's obvious that they could choose to track either by character, or account.... but chose to use a hybrid option to maximize the forcing and nagging of the players into a card game that not many like..... but that they want a lot of players in, because some ego needs it.

I was neutral on the game, at first.... now, I despise it, and the more they try and force it down my throat, the less I feel any desire to renew my subscriptions, or continue with the game...... at a certain point, the aggravation of being chased and screamed at, by quest givers outweighs any semblance of fun..... and once that point is reached, I am out.... which means the other two accounts will probably go with me to whatever other game I go to.

Auldwulfe
    Edited by Auldwulfe on 3 March 2023 19:53
    Options
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »

Thing with the card game is that they designed the system into nagging and bullying you into it --- they put the screaming billboard in every single down in places where most people go... you really can't escape it, unless you never sell off treasure, craft, or improve your mounts.

Then, in order to stop it, you have to do 2 quests, one to go hear about the game, and then you HAVE to WIN a match... or she's right back there with "there you are" every time you pass by.....

The kick to the crotch, though, is that while EVERY single character has to do this, to get rid of her, they track your wins, even the ones you are forced into.... over the account, which means that there is a chance you will earn enough on an account with enough alts, that you will be forced into the tournament.... que up the screaming billboard again.... which, again, has to be done individually on every character, while the points are tallied up account wide.

I DELETED alts to ensure I didn't get enough points to trigger the NEXT level of tournament......
    As did the two other players, who's accounts I pay for... and who have vowed that they are just going to hit their sound button off, whenever in town, now..... as their means of ending the screaming.

IT's obvious that they could choose to track either by character, or account.... but chose to use a hybrid option to maximize the forcing and nagging of the players into a card game that not many like..... but that they want a lot of players in, because some ego needs it.

I was neutral on the game, at first.... now, I despise it, and the more they try and force it down my throat, the less I feel any desire to renew my subscriptions, or continue with the game...... at a certain point, the aggravation of being chased and screamed at, by quest givers outweighs any semblance of fun..... and once that point is reached, I am out.... which means the other two accounts will probably go with me to whatever other game I go to.

Auldwulfe

Crikey.

i played it once to see what it was like and defaulted to get the heck out of it, because if theyd built backgammon id have been there, but not Magic the card game ugh. Nightmare.
    and then i muted the there you are girl, and i never see another thing about it.

But I'm with you, heavy promoting, having that girl all across the place, is stupid. It's as if WE are stupid and can't find our own way to a tavern and a gaming table. It really underestimates us as players. Not cool.
    Edited by Pelanora on 3 March 2023 19:10
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We wanted chess, checkers, blackjack, poker, maybe darts. Games like that. Give the taverns an active vibe and make them a place you want to be.

Options