The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Achivement: FIND BLEAKROCK'S MISSING PEOPLE

Aldun
Aldun
i miss Geilund, i progressd in the story and now, if i go back to the island, nobody is there, can i change the phasing back to where i can find him/her?
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Once you progress without finding all of them they're gone. You helped everyone who you found escape. It's to late at that point.
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, its to late now.you cant go back(well, you can but its to late now to do anything)
    Edited by Captainkrunch96 on 1 April 2014 10:54
  • illipthgore
    I was only able to complete that quest on my first char, every other char has been auto given that quest when I hand in a quest nearby and the town isn't even under attack yet, a real bummer but just more signs that their silly system is borked, but then they have known that for months unfortunately its not knew problem and it looks like they either didn't take it seriously enough in beta or the ways to change the system are drastic.
  • umishu
    umishu
    Hmm...that's rather strange. I have been playing on Ebonheart alliance since beta and have never had a problem with that particular quest. All of my characters since beta ended have also had no problem attaining that achievement. My suggestion is try with another character and do all the quests and explore all of Bleakrock to get all of the zone's achievements. I think there are at least 3 achievements for the zone. As soon as the NA server comes back online I'll check to see how many achievements there are in Bleakrock.

Update: Just checked there are at least three achievements for Bleakrock, and as I think about the quest now I believe it was like that in beta as well. I believe you receive the evacuation quest prior to finding all of the villagers. However, technically I don't think the finding village quest is actually complete even though you can leave the island. I've noticed that with that particular quest I've always turned it in before speaking with the captain in order to evacuate. Once I turned it in, then spoke with the captain to evacuate I received the achievement. Try it again doing it that way and see if it works. Don't give up and just keep trying.
    Edited by umishu on 2 April 2014 18:58
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This achievement is easy to miss since you can choose to "evacuate" the island at any point, no matter how many you have saved. The ones you didn't die in the invasion:( They may want to add a note to the "red" text quest turn-in that choosing "evacuate now" will make this achievement unobtainable on that character. Not everyone reads all the achievements for a zone before doing things in the zone, as it may contain some spoilers.
  • illipthgore
    Mix wrote: »
    This achievement is easy to miss since you can choose to "evacuate" the island at any point, no matter how many you have saved. The ones you didn't die in the invasion:( They may want to add a note to the "red" text quest turn-in that choosing "evacuate now" will make this achievement unobtainable on that character. Not everyone reads all the achievements for a zone before doing things in the zone, as it may contain some spoilers.

That wasn't my problem my problem was that I was given this quest to leave because I happened to be near the area handing in another quest, at no time in my second 3-4 5 6 char play through have I been able to do that quest as none of them are on the map its asif ive been ported to someone eles stage as that's after the place is burning.

My first char did it no problem but then I didn't know what I was doing and I seem to have gotten lucky lol,
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that is very odd. So it is skipping the "find villagers or evacuate" and moving right on to - town's on fire/rescue people in buildings?

I think you may want to speak with a customer service rep and report it as a bug. That is frustrating. (especially when you love achievements, I certainly do)
  • illipthgore
    I reported it on every char, I was listening to 2 ppl in bleak discuss it and they were re-rolling it had happened to them twice at diff stages aswell so im sure they got others reports, but the problem itself is not a knew thing it is a design flaw.
  • Murdockbr
    Murdockbr
    I can't find the missing people...
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    I think the Dialog is messed up because when I talked to Captain Rana (the quest giver) there were 4 or 5 people you could ask about. I asked about the first one Darj the Hunter to get a clue about where to look for them, but instead of the dialog going back so I could ask about the others it closed out.

I was given a way point marker so I could find Darj the Hunter, but not I don't have any way to find the rest of them or even know who they are. There are no markers and I doubt they are even in the game for me making it impossible for me to complete the quest.
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Lucifer66 wrote: »
    I think the Dialog is messed up because when I talked to Captain Rana (the quest giver) there were 4 or 5 people you could ask about. I asked about the first one Darj the Hunter to get a clue about where to look for them, but instead of the dialog going back so I could ask about the others it closed out.

I was given a way point marker so I could find Darj the Hunter, but not I don't have any way to find the rest of them or even know who they are. There are no markers and I doubt they are even in the game for me making it impossible for me to complete the quest.

You find the others as you explore the island. If you choose to.

• wallofchaosb14_ESO
    FIX these god damn bugs please. Jeezuz. A beginning at Bleakrock is NOT doable and its a freekin lvl 4 quest. come on guys. this is Stupid!
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was only able to complete that quest on my first char, every other char has been auto given that quest when I hand in a quest nearby and the town isn't even under attack yet, a real bummer but just more signs that their silly system is borked, but then they have known that for months unfortunately its not knew problem and it looks like they either didn't take it seriously enough in beta or the ways to change the system are drastic.

Every character gets the quest to leave without finding everyone; you can either turn it in or go find everyone, but you can't do both.
  • inephilimi
    inephilimi
    Soul Shriven
    I went looking for Geilund on my one, couldn't find the quest giver ANYWHERE for Geilund, throughout the whole time on the island. I spent nearly 2 hours looking for Haelmara and she was nowhere to be found to give me the quest, I gave up on it and carried on without it. It will be the ONLY achievement my character is missing, as I am now checking all achievements before going to do a quest line to make sure I don't miss anything.
  • Borgiman
    Borgiman
    It shouldn't matter what you choose. An achievement should ALWAYS be doable. And it would be a shame, if you had to check all the achievements before you do anything in the game. This just makes me so angry as an achievement ***.
  • Fullenglish
    Personally i've been through Bleakrock over a dozen times, both in beta and since live. I have never not been able to find/save all of the residents and get the achivement. Sorry but this sounds more like you are not reading the quest options and are telling Captain Rana to evacute early, this then automatically moves the questline on to the invasion. my Advice would be to slow down, explore and make sure you read everything thoroughly.
  • Lumifer
    Lumifer
    ✭✭
    I missed Geilund in Veteran rank Bleakrock. I know where the quests is because I did it during beta but I forgot to pick it up this time. :/ I'm pretty sad because my character is veteran rank and now I can't get the titles, which I was aiming to get, because I didn't save one person. Maybe I should get an "Antihero" title lol.
    AD EU PC
    Filthy Casual
  • MayhemKitten
    MayhemKitten
    Soul Shriven
    This is very frustrating. I agree with Borgiman - it should be achievable no matter what! After the Evacuation I was able to go back and rescue all but one person (Geilund), seems rather silly that you can't pick up the achievement.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FIX these god damn bugs please. Jeezuz. A beginning at Bleakrock is NOT doable and its a freekin lvl 4 quest. come on guys. this is Stupid!

Huh? I've ran a few alts through the EP starter areas mostly to get gold and crafting mats, and never had any problem With that quest... Of course, knowing the area inside-out from the beta probably helped...
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    This is very frustrating. I agree with Borgiman - it should be achievable no matter what!

Why should it be? In ESO, your actions have actual consequences, which is refreshing, frankly.

I've run two characters through Bleakrock on the live servers so far. On the first one, I hung around until I found them all and got the achievement. On the second, I was feeling a bit lazy and decided to leave a bit early, and so I didn't get the achievement on that guy. It's a choice I made. All through the game there will be choices to make. There are other MMOs to play for consequence-free questing.
    Edited by Catflinger on 10 May 2014 11:23
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like another Get 4/5 meridia lights from Coldharbour.
  • Wulfhen
    Wulfhen
    Soul Shriven
    Catflinger wrote: »
    This is very frustrating. I agree with Borgiman - it should be achievable no matter what!

Why should it be? In ESO, your actions have actual consequences, which is refreshing, frankly.

I've run two characters through Bleakrock on the live servers so far. On the first one, I hung around until I found them all and got the achievement. On the second, I was feeling a bit lazy and decided to leave a bit early, and so I didn't get the achievement on that guy. It's a choice I made. All through the game there will be choices to make. There are other MMOs to play for consequence-free questing.

Because as an MMO that you're sinking countless and countless of hours into with no option of reloading a previous save, having to completely reroll a character to do something that for some reason you managed to lock yourself out of is pretty unacceptable.

ESO seems to be flawed in a variety of ways in that regard. Examples..

Eidetic Memory has books that are locked in phases/quests. Finish the quest/phase, you can't get back in to get the book. Stupid. Unless you happen to be browsing the forum, you won't even know there is an achievement for the books until you're close to finishing your first area.

A fair number of quests that if you do outside of a set order, become inaccessible. While most of them are generally fed ex, you're still losing out on content because you didn't google the order before hand. Not only that, but some quests are locked by the areas you've explored. Happened to have explored a bit more than others? You'll lose a quest and the coin involved.

This quest seems to be unique that I've seen in the fact that there is an Achievement linked with it that depending on your choice you lose out on. Something you won't even be aware of unless you googled it before hand, or thoroughly explored through your achievement tab before doing it. Flawed.

It's all awesome having consequences, and I love the few split quest lines where choosing one denies you another but having you lose out content because you didn't google the area before to discover some arbitrary perfect order or find out about an achievement that you'll open up fifty (number picked at random) hours into the game is just *asking* for frustrated completionist players instead of hooking them in with all the checklists they can go through to tick.

• Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfhen wrote: »
    This quest seems to be unique that I've seen in the fact that there is an Achievement linked with it that depending on your choice you lose out on. Something you won't even be aware of unless you googled it before hand, or thoroughly explored through your achievement tab before doing it. Flawed.

It tells you straight up that if you leave the island without saving everyone, then the people you leave behind will die -- why does it seem likely that you could go back and save them after the fact? How is this flawed and why do you say that someone should have to Google it to figure it out?

• Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭

It tells you straight up that if you leave the island without saving everyone, then the people you leave behind will die -- why does it seem likely that you could go back and save them after the fact? How is this flawed and why do you say that someone should have to Google it to figure it out?

It's not the quest that is flawed is the achievement linked to it that becomes impossible to obtain if you complete it a certain way. Achievements are not account wide so the only way you will get it is if delete your character and start over.

There is no indication that a achievement is linked to it (unless you looked on all achievements or googled it), and there is no way to come back and get it. Its fine on a game you can reload or on a account that tracks achievements across multiple characters, but its insanely annoying on a MMO like this.
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • Wulfhen
    Wulfhen
    Soul Shriven
    Koloki wrote: »

It's not the quest that is flawed is the achievement linked to it that becomes impossible to obtain if you complete it a certain way. Achievements are not account wide so the only way you will get it is if delete your character and start over.

There is no indication that a achievement is linked to it (unless you looked on all achievements or googled it), and there is no way to come back and get it. Its fine on a game you can reload or on a account that tracks achievements across multiple characters, but its insanely annoying on a MMO like this.

This. It tells you of a quest consequence, which is very awesome. Quest consequences are awesome as we've said. That isn't an achievement however, which is nothing to do with consequences in the game world.
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    Basically you guys are saying that you don't want achievements in the game that have any risk attached to them, and this is because it drives you nuts to look at your achievements pane and see something that hasn't been ticked off.
  • Wulfhen
    Wulfhen
    Soul Shriven
    Any achievement that for whatever reason you can fail be it for whatever reason, doesn't belong in a MMO where you can spend 100s of hours on a single character. It's an awful idea, and the completionist in me absolutely loathes it.

For others, will they give a flying monkey? I'm sure most won't. But I (like I'm sure other people) won't to be able to play the game and not google/research every decision/persuade (yes, there is a conversation choice in Shadowfen that stops you from getting a quest)/direction taken to make sure/scour a quest area a thousand times for journals to make sure we've not missed anything.

For those of us who love our 100%/checklist though, I doubt many will stick around. I've rerolled my main four times, and finally gave in and unsub because the way the game plays out if I don't browse the forums for little tidbits of knowledge leads to me being annoyed more than enjoying. (Yes, I'm ocd but I think you'll find a lot of 100%ers are)
    Edited by Wulfhen on 11 May 2014 11:53
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer some anytime doable achievements. A quest should let a npc live or death, should let you receive a loot or not, but should not prevent you to complete achievements.
  • Wulfhen
    Wulfhen
    Soul Shriven
    Or at least offer the ability to go back and replay things if you missed out on content/notes/etc.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH they shouldn't have added achievements in the first place.