Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roaming dungeon boss.

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
We have roaming bosses which I thought was great, now my idea would be a boss that roams a random undaunted dungeon and if you get to meet and defeat him would have a monster helm associated with him and a chance to drop a gold mythic lead.I know this would take some dev work and they would probably limit it to a few or new dungeons made from scratch with recent coding.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neat idea at first but I don't think it'd work out at all. Having to farm something that only has a chance of appearing sounds absolutely awful and there's not really any room for roaming bosses. Accidentally running into an extra boss would probably ruin a trifecta as well.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could still go onto your next boss after you defeat him as you do with a quest, and limit his roaming distance I suppose such a dungeon could be designed around but I see your point.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    And who knows what this never ending dungeon could be…..? Could there be roaming bosses there….?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds great on the surfice but the game is huge so the RNG on finding the extremely random location for the boss would be unacceptable.

Also, monster helms are great but we already have an outlet for them via dungeons. No need to find another avenue for providing even more monster sets.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i much prefer the current dungeons just having optional side bosses, though some of the mechanics to trigger these side bosses can be time consuming, or annoying if they require multiple people
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on 14 February 2023 17:16
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't this what goes on in the Imperial City?
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this what goes on in the Imperial City?

Exactly it can be done and would be an excellent addition to the dungeon overall imagine a new boss new skills roaming around parts of the dungeon.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a roaming boss is an awful idea, hard no

as a side boss that is skippable? sure i like most of those, they are pretty interesting and more gear drops, but if its just randomly in your way, it could make things like speed runs or no deaths even more of a hassle than they already are
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is kind of like the Scriv Hall side bosses. Randomly found in select areas, drops keys instead of buffs… could be better though. I don’t see the point in doing them.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would not work out all too well. People already drop dungeons when they are too difficult or not the ones they wanted.

This would lead to players dropping the dungeons as soon as they find they don't have the roaming boss. Or, even worse, kicking players who are there only for that specific dungeon, who are unable to, or just don't want to do the random extra thing that was thrown at them.