The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anniversary Event & Jester's Festival... My Concerns

Chihuahua
Chihuahua
Soul Shriven
There has been some discussion on the Forum lately about missed event days because of maintenance and the postponement of the Whitestrake's Event.

Looking forward to the end of March and the beginning of April I have concerns about both the Jesters Festival and the ESO Anniversary Event.

Last years 2022 dates were:
JESTERS FESTIVAL - 31st March to 7th April
ANNIVERSARY EVENT - 7th April to 19th April

Consider what Matt Firor has recently stated:

"so the new date for PC EU getting new hardware will be in early April"

"the March/April timeframe is always very busy, we have a lot of events and almost always have a major update"

I love both the Jesters Festival and especially the Anniversary Event. I am concerned that EU players make get one or the other, perhaps both cut short or marred by extra unforseeen difficulties that could arise with a new hardware upgrade.

I am by no means criticising ZOS here, it is to their credit the schedule is packed full of things to do and that they are taking steps to actively improve game performance.

My hope would be that the new hardware installation be postponed until the Anniversary Event has finished. I'm not sure how long there is until the next event after that.

I am curious to know if there was any unforeseen downtime when the US servers were upgraded?

Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 February 2023 19:02
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    So what would you rather have a crappy event you've done 8 times before or one off upgraded hardware?
  • Chihuahua
    Chihuahua
    Soul Shriven
    Why are you suggesting it's one or the other?

As I said in the OP, I would hope the upgrade would happen after the events. That way the events will not be impacted.

Further, I don't agree with your assessment of the Jesters festival and Anniversary Event as being 'crappy'.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm being dragged on vacation early April so already gonna miss a few days while on the flight/without internet. Really hope there isn't too much disruption, my window to get tickets will be very limited every day.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    h9dlb wrote: »
    So what would you rather have a crappy event you've done 8 times before or one off upgraded hardware?

Personally, yes.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Events & Contests section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post