The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Empowering Grasp is a little clunky.

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
It sometimes does not hit the summoned pets to buff them requiring you to step back to buff the mage or step forward to receive the Empower. Also, it only buffs the mage/archer’s damage and not even for the full duration.

Proposed change.

Simply have it apply the buffs to any owned pet/ally within 10 meters and extend its duration to accommodate the duration of the mage.

But on a side note. Is this really the right skill to have such buffs on? Seems a bit counter intuitive to have Damage buffs on a tanking ability that requires aiming. Personally I think it would be better off on one of the totem morphs or even the bone yard as at least that would encompass the player and the pet.

Or better yet, remove it and give us a new pet that acts as some kind of skeletal bannerman/general that buffs allies and pets. Giving players Empower and pets a damage/healing boost. This way we could actually feel like Necromancers.
Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on 7 February 2023 17:43
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This ability needs to be completely tossed and redone.

After the changes to Empower, there really isn't a reason to run this ability in any content. Empower is only really useful enough to justify a bar slot if you're on a heavy attack build, and its now completely useless in PvP.

As a stun, the ability is far too delayed and difficult to aim to use it reliably.

As a buff to your pets, it's a waste of mag and a global cooldown, as 9 times out of 10 you'll miss the pets, especially since moving around to get a better angle on your pets causes said pets to move.

Make it an on demand stun (something every other class has access to). Give the ability its Pet Buff passively while on bar, and give it some other effect since they gutted Empower. Alternatively, toss this skill in the trash and make a whole new one. It's that bad.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    I like the thought behind it, but with how the undead summons move around based on your movement, it's nigh-impossible to hit the arcanist and mender with it.

Imo, it could just do away with the non buff part, increase the buff drastically and make it pulse out from around the caster. That way, it's easier to empower others in a group as well as your minions. Would also be fantastic if it affected blastbones.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Gibrans
    Gibrans
    ✭✭✭
    The Necro is a little clunky lol
    IGN: Tletva
    Role: Tank
    Class: Necromancer
    CP: 1657
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »
    I like the thought behind it, but with how the undead summons move around based on your movement, it's nigh-impossible to hit the arcanist and mender with it.

Imo, it could just do away with the non buff part, increase the buff drastically and make it pulse out from around the caster. That way, it's easier to empower others in a group as well as your minions. Would also be fantastic if it affected blastbones.

It does affect Blastbones, that's why its so frustrating that the skill is worthless. It could be a really cool, fun way to boost up your Stalking Blastbones damage while also stunning your opponent, but the ability just feels awful to use.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Does empowering grasp work for maw of infernal summoned daedroth? It says that skill affects your summons...
    Edited by Trundik on 21 February 2023 00:20
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trundik wrote: »
    Does empowering grasp work for maw of infernal summoned daedroth? It says that skill affects your summons...

the daedroth is untargetable, and i think the empowering grasp skill specifies the bonuses it gives to the other pets (blastbones, archer/mage), so it wont buff anything else but the necromancer summons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Mender and Mage only. And it does NOT affect Blastbones. It explicitly states this in the skill descriptions
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Mender and Mage only. And it does NOT affect Blastbones. It explicitly states this in the skill descriptions

It does affect blastbones.
    Empowering Grasp (morph):
    Increased the duration of Empower granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 5.
    The Empower for pets now increases their damage and healing potency by a flat 1000, rather than 40%. The Empower can now target Blastbones as well.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't spread misinformation. Check the skill description next time.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad. I haven’t been on my Necro for a while. If it does affect Blastbones then great. Although it didn’t at the time of the first post. It does not negate the general point however that it is clunky and could be replaced with a skill that is smoother to run.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on 27 February 2023 05:29
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My bad. I haven’t been on my Necro for a while. If it does affect Blastbones then great. Although it didn’t at the time of the first post. It does not negate the general point however that it is clunky and could be replaced with a skill that is smoother to run.

It was changed to buff blastbones in the Lost Depths patch, so it was definitely like that at the time of the first post.

But yah it's a garbage skill through and through. At the very least the buff should just happen with it slotted on your bar.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was changed to buff blastbones in the Lost Depths patch, so it was definitely like that at the time of the first post.

But yah it's a garbage skill through and through. At the very least the buff should just happen with it slotted on your bar.

Serious? How did I miss this? I could have sworn the tool tip only mentioned the mage and ghost… oh well. Mistakes happen.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit late here, but wanna set my point too.

Yesterday I tried one gear setup on both magdk and magnecro: infallible+strom master, kilt, slime. I don't have High Isle, so I tried to make alternative heavy attack build. Gear itself was mixed between purple and yellow quality, but it was same at two characters, that is matter. At the end I found that my dk does 77k dps (80+ in perspective), and necro does 65k. Despite Dk have rly no synergy with HA except 36 second empower and necro have synergy (10% dot damage) dps difference is significant. The only reason for that is Empowering grasp. Low duration makes this skill uselles and I rly can't see any reason why. Both are core skills for heavy attack builds. I understand that empower can buff group in some area, but for any another case it is bad as hell. At least there could be only selfbuff Empower for longer duration with another morph. I used skeleton, yes. But it seems, that doesn't add a lot and for sure doesn't reward the pain from renewing grasp every time.
    Edited by Trundik on 20 March 2023 14:01