The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many of your addons can you see?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is just something I randomly found myself thinking about today. I get addons to fix things which bother me or add things I want and as a result seem to have mainly ended up with ones that only work within menus. I also like to get addons which blend in with the base game, ideally I like to forget it's an addon at all. As a result most of mine are invisible most of the time. But I know most people don't worry about that and a lot of addons exist specifically to modify the UI, so it made me wonder how it compares across different players.

I currently have 19 installed and I think just 2 are immediately visible (Endeavor Tracker and Votan's Minimap) and if you know what to look for 3 more show up modifying the HUD (Azurah, pChat and S'rendarr). If I set things up just right PinKiller and Quest Map might be visible too, but I don't always use them and they're pretty subtle (especially PinKiller which is only noticable by what's not there).

3 are completely invisible (Account Settings, Binder and RandomMount) and the other 9 only show up in menus. (That's Arkadius' Trade Tools, Banker Shut Up, CraftStore, Decluttered Scrying Leads, Inventory Insight, IsJusta Favorite Collectibles, Tamriel Trade Centre, Votan's Crafting Quick Access and World Map Wayshrines Controller.)
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me I use around 150 addons for Immersion and when I play I can't see anything as I have made that my UI is completely gone and I can keybind things I need like the compass and health/name bars etc.

But all the addons I use are just for that, hiding things. If I take the page from your book and count pinkiller as something that I cant see then it adds up pretty quickly as this is my UI:

efjQGsi.jpeg
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use roughly 40 or so addons, but im in the same boat where the majority of them are only for certain menus to increase info available, i have some other ones displayed on the UI for stuff like a scrolling combat log and dps meters and a few other helpful things (rare fish and endeavor trackers)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014