Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are these the final forums?

jmido8
jmido8
✭✭✭
No general discussion, no class forums, no trading forums, and no off-topic forums. Are these really the final forums?

I'm especially surprised that there aren't trading forums considering there isn't a global AH. Specific forums are going to be polluted with non-related threads and there'll be a lot more random spam about people's favorite tv show since they don't have an official forum for non-game related spam.
  • A1istair
    A1istair
    I don't think these forums are meant for that type of chat. That's what other forums are for. This is more of the type of forum you reach out to if you need a question answered, or need support somehow. I understand that it's not your "traditional" forum, but ESO is also far from your traditional MMO.
    •Alistair Theirin of Primal Instinct
    •Loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant
    •Templar
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    A1istair wrote: »
    I don't think these forums are meant for that type of chat. That's what other forums are for. This is more of the type of forum you reach out to if you need a question answered, or need support somehow. I understand that it's not your "traditional" forum, but ESO is also far from your traditional MMO.

Having appropriate forums are hardly a characteristic of just mmo's.... every online game has forums that suits the needs of the game.
    Edited by jmido8 on 31 March 2014 13:35
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just use this page as general discussion I guess. I hated it at first, but it's not too bad on mobile phone.
  • A1istair
    A1istair
    @jmido8‌ You're right, and this game has exactly that. Forums that suit the needs of the game, and nothing more. So there you have it, you just answered your own question.
    •Templar
  • GholarDraki
    I'm sure as the game evolves over time - so will the forums. I've not delved into most sections here yet but I will make sure to do so when I begin playing tomorrow when the 3 day access starts.

For the mean time, I would continue to suggest forum improvements and possibly even join unofficial fan site forums until the Official ones are completely refined.

I believe that the forums have been set up like this because, as you might forget, the game hasn't even "officially" launched yet. They will be making many additions and improvements over the next few weeks I'm sure. These will be a sort of beta forum, if you will.

Hopefully having fewer categories will aid the company reps in answering questions quicker and gathering information which will benefit us all in the long run. Just hold tight and I'm sure you will see improvements in the near future.
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    A1istair wrote: »
    @jmido8‌ You're right, and this game has exactly that. Forums that suit the needs of the game, and nothing more. So there you have it, you just answered your own question.

It doesn't. This game has huge variety in skill/ability customization yet there's no place to discuss the specifics of it in relation to each class and theorize builds. The game has also created a trade based economy but doesn't provide anyway to handle it.

Those are basic needs of this game.
    Edited by jmido8 on 31 March 2014 13:48
  • A1istair
    A1istair
    @jmido8‌

Have you even looked at the forums? Seriously?

Looking to the sidebar on the right, here's what I see: SKILL LINES- Racial Skills, World skills, weapon skills, guild skills, class skills, armor skills, etc.

What else, you mentioned trading? That's where the CRAFTING DISCUSSION would be utilized.

Did you even attempt to delve into any of the categories or even subcategories?
    Edited by A1istair on 31 March 2014 13:53
    •Templar
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. I need a place to talk about my heavy armor dual axe wielding storm calling sorcerer...
    Savvy?

• myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    Worst forum navigation since ffxiv.
  • Simonie
    Simonie
    I'm sure they will improve their forums down the line. I think this forum if fine for now.
    Templar | Member of Légion QC | Aldmeri Dominion
  • tibersep
    tibersep
    I love that a defensive mindset is developing here already lol

-Complain about lack of features "this is ES its not a normal mmo"
    -Complain about for example the fact pre-order items aren't granted to all toons "ah you see this is an elder scrolls game"
    -Complain about a truly awful forum with a bizarre language setup and an awful forum setup in general "ah in elder scrolls we don't need a general discussion forum or a suggestion area or easily navigated sections because its elder scrolls and we are different"

I like the game a lot... but they wont make every decision correctly. We are not trying to turn the game into a wow clone by asking for a forum that isnt awful, please spare us the "its elder scrolls its different than other games" its a forum, of course we need a general discussion area!

Please stop being homers and judge the game and devs fairly. I don't care if you work for the studio or not this is a bad forum. Look at the Wildstar or SWTOR forums and you will see clear, easy to navigate forums for an MMO that make things easier for both the community team and the players - especially players who speak different languages! I don't even use these forums! It just makes it easier to read them if you want to!

And no im not hating on the game by asking for a forum, that allows me to easily talk about all aspects of the game -_-
    Edited by tibersep on 31 March 2014 14:55
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    They are attempting to put a kibosh on forum drama, complaint posts, nerf calls, trolling, and the like that unfortunately comes with the territory in any game forum, but most especially in an MMO forum.

My prediction is they will not be successful. They will try to close down every topic that would be normal on a "general discussion" forum if there were one, but there are infinitely more angry gamers than there are forum moderators. They'll eventually end up realizing that they are spending more time, effort, and money trying to keep general discussion quashed than they would have trying to keep it civil.
  • Dragonetti
    I just read this in another thread.
    ... As for the other issues, we will continually work on improving the forum readability. Thanks for your feedback, it's definitely helpful!

There is hope.

“Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think almost nothing in the game right now is in its final form :P.

Like said above , just use this for general till they add one.

To say we should be forced to create an account in a third party site forum to discuss the game was quite silly btw heh.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    illogicbh wrote: »
    I agree with OP. I need a place to talk about my heavy armor dual axe wielding storm calling sorcerer...

You too... ? :o

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a mod mention that they are still working on the forum, and its layout, and will continue working on the forum through the game.
    This is the forum, but it may be edited in the future.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter