The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Antiquity Lead drop rates

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
There is a patch note that mentions a bunch of antiquities with bad drop rates they are fixing. There are some that are terrible that aren't mentioned so I am posting to they can also be looked into @ZOS_GinaBruno. I hope if others also share if they have had some leads of dubious availability.

Beacon of Tower Zero
Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool
Aldmeri Symphonia - Preserved Music Box Mechanism
Meridian Sconce
The Heartland
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadlands motif leads. It can take anywhere from 5-21 maps for one to drop. (Had a friend who was unlucky enough to not gen one in over 20 maps).
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    imho, all treasure map-supplied leads should have thier drop rates revised :) i'd like to add some other purple-quality furnishing leads to the those already mentioned by OP: Dagon Scalding GIbbet and Sea Elf Galleon Helm
    also, drop rates for subsequent drop of the same lead should be slightly improved, making codex completism a bit less painful, since mythics are made by 5 pieces ;)
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 57K+ Achievement Points
  • ErianaSagewing
    High Isle - Sea Serpent's Coil - Meteoric Beads

Today I completed my 72nd Mage Guild Daily and and still not got this lead ...
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd, and yet I'm not surprised, that it took them 2 years to "discover" that many day 1 Antiquities weren't dropping at the intended rate. I mean, it's not like anyone had mentioned it here in the forums before. LOL

Maybe it will only take them 2 more years to find out the treasure map lead idea wasn't working out as "intended".
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not only treasure maps... treasure chests as well...dozens of hours in coldharbour or alikr and still havent all three codexes....
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the treasure map idea is ridiculous.
    It's multi stage probability. Getting treasure map drops is unlikely enough. But getting a specific one? We are talking less than one perent here. And it's not even guaranteed to have a lead dropping from the treasure chests. That would be another 10% tops. Most likely less.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on 10 February 2023 06:05
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the treasure map idea is ridiculous.
    It's multi stage probability. Getting treasure map drops is unlikely enough. But getting a specific one? We are talking less than one perent here. And it's not even guaranteed to have a drop if the lead from the treasure chests. That would be another 10% tops. Most likely less.

can confirm.. a few millions spent on galen maps (2 dozen maps??) . got first drop yesterday. the shoulders..
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Deadlands motif leads. It can take anywhere from 5-21 maps for one to drop. (Had a friend who was unlucky enough to not gen one in over 20 maps).

Not commenting on any of the other suggestions here, but I have an idea (well, my wife had it actually) for the leads from Deadlands treasure maps.

When they introduced Ancestral Reach, those leads only dropped from the 1 Reach treasure map and the 1 from the subterranean area below the Reach. In a subsequent patch they added those leads to maps for Western Skyrim and the area below.

Why not do the same for Coldharbour treasure maps with the Deadlands ones? That would at least give us more chances to get them. And maps from an area of Oblivion would be a perfectly reasonable place to put them.

I don't disagree that the drop rate is weak, but if we could add 6 more maps to the 2 (!) that are currently available, it would certainly help.
    Edited by mbeetley_ESO on 9 February 2023 01:33
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    There is a patch note that mentions a bunch of antiquities with bad drop rates they are fixing. There are some that are terrible that aren't mentioned so I am posting to they can also be looked into @ZOS_GinaBruno. I hope if others also share if they have had some leads of dubious availability.

Beacon of Tower Zero
    Meridian Sconce
    The Heartland

I do need to disagree with you on the Beacon of Tower Zero drop rate. I have actually found it eight or nine times already. It is not high, I will grant you that, but I do not believe that it is too low, either.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a green cp passive that increases lead drop rates by 20/40/60/80/100% would alleviate the years long delay between leads being added. and zos figuring some of them "misbehave"..
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remosito wrote: »
    a green cp passive that increases lead drop rates by 20/40/60/80/100% would alleviate the years long delay between leads being added. and zos figuring some of them "misbehave"..

For Antiquities you'll still need the Greymoor chapter, right?
    So a CP star, that is hidden behind a paywall? Mhm...
    Probably not a great idea.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A green CP star for leads would be a fine idea.
    If you don't have the chapter or don't do Antiquities, you don't have to spend the points in it. Simple.
    The "paywall" argument gets a little thin when talking about 3 year old content.
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    There is already green cp star that works with blade of woe from DLC
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make these things, they go to the trouble and cost of making them, then don't track how they are working in the game. [snip] AND they make them sit behind layers of very low probability. Why????

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 February 2023 18:11
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    They make these things, they go to the trouble and cost of making them, then don't track how they are working in the game. [snip] AND they make them sit behind layers of very low probability. Why????

Because ESO. LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. Totally agree.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 February 2023 18:11
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just combine it with Homemaker, won't hurt anybody without DLC but will be a great boon for those that have it.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could combine it with something else, like an increased chance of motifs from dailies. They could even just add it to Treasure Hunter - treasure chests are fairly lacklustre even using it so it would make it worthwhile
    PS4 EU
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont make it a stepping-stone star towards another one and it aint no problem. Or a stepping stone towards other antiquity passive. Like motif lead drops are now curated.
    Edited by remosito on 14 February 2023 09:23
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something I reeeeeeaally hope zos considers in the future. Leads should not take hours and hours and even days to accomplish.
    Dov-rah psijic portals took me 22 hours of farming (in a circuit, very effectively) portals.
    Markyn lead from deadlands daily coffer took me like 70+ boxes over 3 weeks.

This is simply unacceptable for busy adults.

Solution:
    Ramping chances on leads.

Leads have a what...2-5 percent chance to drop?
    If the first time it doesn't drop, add 20 percent chance.
    If it doesn't drop then, another 20 percent chance.
    Next time is now garunteed (102-105 percent chance).

@ZOS_Kevin please pass this on. Thanks.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I reeeeeeaally hope zos considers in the future. Leads should not take hours and hours and even days to accomplish.

Solution:

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Or ANYTHING that gives us something comparable to curated drops that we now have (thank you much, ZOS, for those!) for leads!

Shall we discuss the Shadowfen lead for the kilt? Some people got it on the first plant they harvested, or within a few minutes. Others spent 60-90 hours hunting that lead. Me - I don't grind or do anything in this game that will make me so miserable I'll quit. (Because I would, if I spent 90 straight hours harvesting water plants in a zone where people were camping them, fighting over them, and reporting anyone who "stole their plant".)

I harvested a few hours at a time, several days a week - as much as I could stand, when I had time. But it took me THREE MONTHS. By the time I got it, Deadlands was out.

This system is VERY BAD. It needs to be fixed! I love Antiquities! But I hate trying to get leads.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dov-rah psijic portals took me 22 hours of farming (in a circuit, very effectively) portals.
    Markyn lead from deadlands daily coffer took me like 70+ boxes over 3 weeks.

Solution:

Leads have a what...2-5 percent chance to drop?
    If the first time it doesn't drop, add 20 percent chance.
    Next time is now garunteed (102-105 percent chance).

@ZOS_Kevin please pass this on. Thanks.

while I really love the idea of ramping up chances. Thought about it a few times myself. Not sure ZOS will be going for it. They have been reducing number of stuff to remember server side as of late. Like reset timers for example. Ramping up chances would add a variable to keep track of per lead (number of tries for lead, that needs to be upped everytime the lead fails to drop .... which means every time a loot table is touched they'd need to check what leads are in it...)

Which is why I proposed the passive green cp star idea. Only one value to save server side.
    Edited by remosito on 14 February 2023 14:03
  • bobsontpm
    bobsontpm
    Soul Shriven
    + Dov-Rah psijic portals. After running the whole area once I usually encounter 1-2 psijic portals. 4 runs gave me 0 leads :P This is totally annoying.
    + All Dungeons Last Boss leads. The best part so far: last year my friend got lead for Kilt from RoM twice (i got none meantime), even when he did not have access to blackwood to dug it up...

Green P star: good idea
    Another idea: boost to lead chance drop for leads you have never dug out.
    And another: maybe small events when the drop rates are higher?

And question for experts: the motifs from maps: A) they get random type first (and if you do not have them already then you "lost" the lead), or B) they are selected first as "a motif", then one lead you already do not have lead for is randomly selected (the lead is never lost). Asking what is better strategy - top scry and dig them as soon as possible (A) or wait and collect more diverse types e.g. to complete you antiquity list (B)?

• Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭

i seem to get them one every 3 maps and everysingle type of map the leads for me drops from map 1 never map2, not once from the no.2map
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I share your friend's pain. My longest run without a lead for an Ancestral Daedric motif chapter is 23 consecutive maps. I have dug up almost 500 Deadlands maps and I am still missing 2 leads to complete my codex. I dug up 20+ maps a few days ago and finally got 1 of to the 3 leads that I was missing and almost had an aneurysm. To say that the drop rates are ridiculously low and that the lead implementation is poor, is absolutely an understatement.

Edited by CGPsaint on 20 August 2023 21:29
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭

Beacon of Tower Zero
    Meridian Sconce
    The Heartland

I definitely agree that some leads just take forever to drop but I will just counter your list by saying: for some reason I have had the msuic box mechanism lead drop for me so many times it feels like I'm being spammed by it. That and the Void crystal annomoly in Coldharbour.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't have that much difficulty with leads, however, the lead off graven deep secret bosses has been giving me problems. I am on the second round for the codex, and have probably killed that first boss (been killing him and resetting) about 150+ times now, and that lead has still not dropped.

I find that the second and third times you try for leads, it's takes forever, second being the worst of these. Fourth and beyond usually have the same rate as the first from my experience. I do know that they are aware of this and are working on it, so there's that.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭

Solution:

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Or ANYTHING that gives us something comparable to curated drops that we now have (thank you much, ZOS, for those!) for leads!

Shall we discuss the Shadowfen lead for the kilt? Some people got it on the first plant they harvested, or within a few minutes. Others spent 60-90 hours hunting that lead. Me - I don't grind or do anything in this game that will make me so miserable I'll quit…

I **DID** quit over this lead. I farmed every day for a couple weeks, then noped out. Right as my groups were starting harder content, as my friends were progging all the top end stuff… I quit because I couldn’t get the lead that would allow me to do the stuff I wanted to do. I was so far behind that I couldn’t have even joined had I gotten the lead by the time I left. I was out for about a year. This has GOT to stop. The next time I have that many problems getting a “must have” mythic might be the end of my time in ESO, sadly.

Forget ramping chance— I bet that would be impossible to program. Dramatically increased drop rates on ALL antiquities, especially mythics is the best answer.