The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 37 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• Schared
    Schared
    ✭✭✭
    Some things that grind my gears:
    I already have another post up about the heavy-attack and oakensoul interaction so I would refer to that post on the matter - let me just repeat one additional time here that it is not only about the damage.

1- Block bugs: While the barswap thing appears to generally work there are issues with running out of ressources while trifocus is specced and one attempts to swap to a lower-ressource bar - the effect generally is that one remains locked out of the blocking functionality till an area reload or restart occurs.

2- Block drops: Some ingame mechanics like bahseis portal are apparently linked to the block mechanic as the opening and closing of the portal can change the block status of a charactger without changing player input.

3- Please attach clearer definitions of what ability counts towards what effect either by colourcoding or giving abilities defined archetypes. This is an accessibility request that has been hovering around the community for a minute as many remain confused as to what constitutes direct damage, dots, aoes, cleave and so on...

4- Please step away from the idea of having to introduce 3+ sets every dungeon release - many have since understood that balancing between all the aviable options in ESO is virtually impossible but Dev's yet appear oblivious to the problem they create for the community. While many attempt to improve and look towards the topend to copy/adjust their own setups it is virtually impossible to ever catch up to them if the consumer has only limited time to grind. Instead of introducing new sets a suggestion I stole from a roleplaying discord was that dungeons should provide materials to combine with a thematically relevant partner dungeon into a set or upgrade and adjust previous gear. As many sets in ESO are virtually ununsed it would present a great chance of reintroducing older variants without creating more bloat.

5- Apply the stickerbook to chest and vault drops.

6- Introduce a isntance reset vote. To be started by the group leader to instantly remove all partcipants from their current instance and putting them into a reset version. Should lower load requirements aswell - dunno tho not an software engineer and this is 2nd hand info.

7- Rework maul and axe passives: Dont know about maul as it yields relevance in pvp content but for axes I would simply bring back the bleedproc or crit-damage-done effect.

8- More potion artwork and distinct names: Visual clarity and naming to distinguish potions that vary in effect. If there is a lack of ideas I would simply have remniants of the used ingredients float inside the artwork - while this is not exactly striking it may prevent someone from buying the wrong stack.

9- More ingame things to spend Gold on - as of now esos economy is massively bloated and especially beginners simply cant afford buying upgrade materials especially for jewlery. As this is a symptom of the state of the market I suggest that some crown store features should be aviable via gold. As i generally dont like the crown store it pains me to mention this but it is easiest way to fix the economy without ruining anything aside from gold-crown trading. Things like riding lessons and such should be permanently aviable while other functionalities could be limited by quantity - for example whenever a new set of crown crates drops players can buy 3 for 200-500k each and have to use crowns afterwards.

10- Lastbut not least - a amssive disconnect within the community still derives from the equally massive jump in difficulty of content. Two difficulty levels are simply not good enough and are frankly disheartening for a lot of new players. While i do belive that some of the older content could see a difficulty increase - largerly refering to the classic dungeons and old raids up to perhaps HoF - younger content should prolly have a lowered difficulty option settled between normal and veteran... adept has a nice ring to it.
    cleared AA once i know what iam doing
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schared wrote: »
    Some things that grind my gears: [...]

nice talk but here some things,

1. ok block swap is bug if no mag, but this must go to bug not class feedback

2. tanked vrg recently and didn't happen, also again this is bug not feedback

3. yes type of damage is cloudy, but u get to know it as ur mastery to game raises. Also there is color: orange damage is over time and white damage direct, field damage is aoe and target damage is single. There are some things unclear still or just not working with corresponding cp perk, but those are specific cases, not the rule

4. it's been said previously that it's getting more and more overwhelming, sets could reduce per zone and just spread over other zones, many can even be removed.
    guildwars2 has such a system, each dungeon gives token, like fungal grotto token or falkreath hold token, and u go to dungeon npc, like our undaunted, and u get various stuff

5. actually sticker books are filling too easily as it is now, could better that u can only collect what u drop urself

6. normally u can queue again for same dungeon once u finish, u would need to bypass the penalty timer for early reset, it should check if all 4 are premade and have a confirmation like ready check to reset instance

7. then u would have axes mandatory backbar to proc bleed and go frontbar, this is why it got changed

8. potion names yes, dunno about colors and images, having a rainbow in inventory might make it harder to see actually

9. farming mats always an option, and gold is easily made. Good guilds require 100k and u can make this in 1 hour farming Craglorn.
    Gold for crates with limit sounds good. About other sinks, maybe there's more low gold players than rich ones.

10. other than an increase in stats then what? and in this case it only matters if it's oneshot or not. So vet and normal fill this, and in case of extra mechanics there's hm.
    The difference is to make player input. In normal u can ignore a mech but in vet not, and in vet u have dps and defense checks. What would adept fill here? lower dps checks than vet? not sure if worth the trouble
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Schared
    Schared
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Some things that grind my gears: [...]

nice talk but here some things,

1+2. at what point do bugs become semi-permanent, these have been mentioned in other threads already, still exist and are proveable - therefore the shotgun strat is required to get through somewhere hopefully

3. no incombat numbers, having them show up is generally unnecessary this is largery in ability text describtions as to highlight what works with what and gives people a chance to figure stuff out on their own

4. thanks for agreeing - I would also like to see more cosmectic rewards like mounts and such that are free of charge and achievable

5. While I have benefitted hugely of it - as I play most content on all roles and therefore grinded out most sets. I do not believe the stickerbook should be in the game as it both ruins trading in dungeons between players and creates the expectation of required fullbis for people while topend groups that I joined in the past still had occassional dagger+axe instead of dagger+dagger since they simply where unlucky but nobody minded.

6. You are correct, evne though that feature bugs out at the moment - I was obviously adressing content like raids.

7. I do not have a solution for that - generally I liked when effects where more unique and a single light attack didnt have 3+ procs attached to it.

8. I purposely suggested floating ingredients inside the flask as to just hint at the fact - that it may not be the potion you usually buy. Generally I would keep the colourcode intact with its usage.

9. It is an option but most people do not use said option due to lack of reward and enjoyment of the experience. And I do believe you will find it hard to argue for the fact that current prices are not bloated and the market is healthy.

Ties back into the prior argument if you believe the market is fine, my point is dismissable. If not only the goldsink for richer ones matters.

Adept would fill the role of introducing a rewarding difficult that allows clears and victory for those who achieved it for the first time know with overtuned builds like oakensoul - hence I would settle it about 10-15% behind what is possible. Aka FAR easier trash and - one defining mechanic per boss. Or obviously in case of diffculty increase + 1 mech. Examples would be - vRG Bahsei Portals that only require 2 players instead of 3. Or the other way around vMoL Rakkhat with the colour mechanic of the twins -~~
  • Schared
    Schared
    ✭✭✭
    made it a quote on accident - woopsy.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    3. no incombat numbers, having them show up is generally unnecessary

5. ruins trading in dungeons between players and creates the expectation of required fullbis

9. And I do believe you will find it hard to argue for the fact that current prices are not bloated and the market is healthy.

10. Adept would fill the role of introducing a rewarding difficult that allows clears and victory for those who achieved it for the first time know with overtuned builds like oakensoul - hence I would settle it about 10-15% behind what is possible. Aka FAR easier trash and - one defining mechanic per boss. Or obviously in case of diffculty increase + 1 mech. Examples would be - vRG Bahsei Portals that only require 2 players instead of 3. Or the other way around vMoL Rakkhat with the colour mechanic of the twins -~~

3. no floating combat numbers .. what? if game didn't had the option i would have got addon for it. It's useful to know u r dealing damage and how much, if u do damage or boss got his invluner shield, for pre-spawn enemies, like in MoL u can see if damage is normal or lower when they teleport to entrance so u know ahead if swap or not.

5. ye that why i said collect could work just if u loot it urself only

9. i don't really understand this .. i find it easy to argue because prices are actually inflated and wouldn't call market healthy. But u know, if buyer pays, seller sells.

10. then adept would be above vet? cuz in Bahsei u don't have portals in vet, just hardmode. And if u train two people for the mech why not train 3 or 4. MoL color mech is oneshot from norm to vet, what would adept bring? i agree the difficulty ramps steeply but having this kind of middle is just more trouble and complications.
    Another form of difficulty would be good, like vet cloudrest u can do 0 1 or 2 and hm being 3, where u pick a different side for that respective plus.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Schared
    Schared
    ✭✭✭
    made it a quote on accident - woopsy.
    Sergykid wrote: »
    [...]
    3. no floating combat numbers .. what? if game didn't had the option i would have got addon for it. It's useful to know u r dealing damage and how much, if u do damage or boss got his invluner shield, for pre-spawn enemies, like in MoL u can see if damage is normal or lower when they teleport to entrance so u know ahead if swap or not.

5. ye that why i said collect could work just if u loot it urself only

9. i don't really understand this .. i find it easy to argue because prices are actually inflated and wouldn't call market healthy. But u know, if buyer pays, seller sells.

10. then adept would be above vet? cuz in Bahsei u don't have portals in vet, just hardmode. And if u train two people for the mech why not train 3 or 4. MoL color mech is oneshot from norm to vet, what would adept bring? i agree the difficulty ramps steeply but having this kind of middle is just more trouble and complications.
    Another form of difficulty would be good, like vet cloudrest u can do 0 1 or 2 and hm being 3, where u pick a different side for that respective plus.

The floating numbers thing may be a taste thing on your end, fair enough - but I suggest that the actual numbers that float on ur screen are virtually useless, same for healing numbers, the only interesting part about them is: They answer if your actualy hitting something.

Meh, perhaps your right- for me MMO's are all about interaction and sololoot and all that is always a minus.

That is not true, the buyer buys - the botter, market manipulator and seller sells. And if you suddenly ban all botters- you half solved the issue. Because evne though they are bad for your game, they artificially kept the prices down - creating an "infinite demand period" driving up cost. While at the same time those you can climb the first hill can further use the infinite demand to increase their own wealth and again drive up the cost.

No, Adept would be between normal and veteran. In the bahsei example you picked up - it would be the "same mechanic" but with more DD's "dding" which makes the non-portal alot easier. In the vmol example - as vmol is low tuned overall - the colour mechanic would be the harder-than-vet mechanic.
    I do not see how more difficulty steps introduce more issues. Many people in other games - like WoW raid only heroic difficulty on purpose as it provides the challange they find most suited for themselves. Meaning challange but not devastating levels of degeneracy required to clear. It would also encourage ppl to just try the harder difficulty as it would appear less daunting from the prior step.
    Lastly about the cloudrest thing - you are on the right idea but I would rather have it all scale as CR+2/1 is vastly different from CR3.
  • Oshea_OK
    Oshea_OK
    ✭✭
    I only consider myself average skill level and play almost daily.

ESO team, please do not completely get rid of plaguebreak for PVE.
    This set is soooooo fun to play and helps my dps, which is only at about 60k.
    How big of a % of players are truly abusing this so that you take away my fun and I would assume the super vast majority others?
    Maybe limit plague status to only 4-6 monsters? There has to be some type of comprise, surely.
    If you are going to pick a side, pick the side of the super vast majority of players who like this set for the fun factor and do not abuse it? You are letting the few people who abuse this win, in essence, and making the one who did not lose out.

Please reconsider, Thank you.
    Oshea.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is good class but have some buts like jabs lacking ,few defense skills lacking, backslash need to work better and few passives need general rework because they are just stupid and not funny anoymore after all this years.

I have general hate to 3 passives first is Illuminate second is Prism why the hell this thing is not one passive why!? On DK it's possible why!?

Soul Gem passive need total rework or secondary effect that give something i don't know maybe +8% healing or something else.

Restoring Aura is good ability overall but it's weird. You have passive active always but still you can active it to have it on secondary bar it's weird why not change it to make it only active and give something extra effect tho this ,this is support ability so add another support effect i don't know what but something usefull.

Repentence need changes too , maybe some secondary effect too and change how repentence work not sucking from corpses we are not necromancer to create those that easy maybe some effect that work like set Essence thief ,you get passive that create flying balls nearby and you can suck them to get stamina.

Infamous useless Nova ultimate, change this thing for something usefull and one morph should be single target class meteor or on ground target meteor burst damage with cast time. Second can be one of current morphs but with some tweaks.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caesarvs wrote: »
    As someone at the bottom of the damage numbers, all I can say is... pretty disappointing. When are we at the bottom going to be remembered? When are we going to be able to feel strong and not struggle? Light attack weaving and animation canceling should not be mandatory to clear content except for things like the hardest dungeons and trials. My hands hurt so much and get so stiff trying to do all the movements needed to do damage. So disappointing. Forgotten. Unimportant. Maybe one day people like me can play and feel strong and powerful but it doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

What?

Do you ever heard of oakensoul heavy attack builds? You can parse over 80k literally just pressing mouse button e using ultimate when ready.

The people at "bottom of damage numbers" never had a such favorable spot for doing good damage ever before

Those 80k builds are lies to those at the bottom. Every time you see one they are wearing end-game gear that those at the bottom can't get. take off all end-game gear, monster sets, and everything that a beginner or someone who can't run dungeons and trails doesn't have and the numbers you will see are way lower than 80k. WAY LOWER.

What? Endgame gear?? Aside from the possible argument that Oakensoul is endgame gear... the meta for HA Sorcs is Sergeant's Mail and Storm Master... both from base game dungeons that only need to be run in normal (Wayrest Sewers and Tempest Island) and a one-piece Slimecraw comes from Wayrest as well (or Kra'gah if you need a bit more pen from Fungal Grotto I, literally the first dungeon in the game)... those vet dungeons are about as difficult as some normal dlcs... you don't even need to go into a 12 man trial to get these sets, and can hit 95k on a trial dummy with them if you cast a skill between each heavy (pets, wall and crystal frags when it procs) ... in fact, the other options in place of Storm Master (Noble Duelist, Undaunted Infiltrator and Undaunted Unweaver also are all from base game dungeons. You can easily farm these through the dungeon queue with minimal effort, even if you aren't doing much dps before you have them, the dungeons are easy enough that the group will get you through, and once you have them you will be able to do basically anything other than vet dlc hard modes without aggravating your arthritis.

You can do acceptable dps with several combinations of openworld and/or craftable gear. Heavy attack builds are not the only way to get there.

If you want to do 120K+ dps you need some end game gear.