The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Runaway's Tale - Summerset side quest.

opalcity
opalcity
✭✭✭✭✭
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Runaway's_Tale

Does anyone know if this is inspired by an existing fairy tale? Is it familiar to anyone?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 14 January 2023 16:39
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not remembering an English fairy tale of that sort, but it could be from another country - I'm generally only familiar with the ones from the British Isles and Brittany.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a very small number of fairy tales featuring wolves (such as Little Red Cap) and one tale in Grimm where a stranger puts on a belt that turns him ino a wolf after which he devours a pregnant horse.

Lycanthropy appears here and there in legend but quite rarely and that depends on the interpretation of the legend it seems.

The modern 'Werewolf' with the whole full moon change business appears to be mostly a modern invention (post 1900) and made popular by Hollywood and recent teen fiction.

I can't find any traditional Fairy Tales with what you might describe as a full blown werewolf in the modern sense apart from the Grimm's tale above.

So the answer to your question is 'I don't think so'.
    Edited by Deter1UK on 14 January 2023 15:11
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post