Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Castle of the worm bug?

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
Fought menmarco or how ever you spell his name and fell asleep, game logged off now I can’t find any flesh parts and can’t get through the door to speak to abnur thorn. Is there a way around this I’ve logged out and tried to do it twice now
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 19 July 2023 16:19
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    When something happens to a quest I abandon it. Then get it again from the quest giver or the last person that gave me that part. I usually don't need to start the whole thing over.

The last time that happened I abandoned the quest. Went back to Raz. He had given me that part of the quest. It worked that time.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on 19 December 2022 19:56
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below has steps you can take if quest markers are missing for a quest in ESO.

Why can I not see any quest markers to direct me where to go for this quest?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged a bit. And since its the main storyline, you can't abandon it. My new character did it yesterday and died. I left it there and logged out of the game for the day anyway. So went to do it today and did finished it. Only problem was that at the end after you drop to coldharbour and the Prophet opened the portal, it took me right back to the Castle of the Worm quest. And like mentioned above, you can't go back through because you'd need to collect the flesh parts to open the sealed door.

I am stuck for now. Trying to wait for a soft reset. Reload ui didn't work, as I didn't think it would.

Update: Did a soft reset and logged in. It put me back in front of The Harborage, but the problem is, the questline is still active. It still wants me to through the portal to do the quest all over again, but like I said you can't because of the flesh atronach door. Until ZOS helps me, my character can't do the main questline, since you can't abandon.
    Edited by ellmarie on 12 July 2023 21:36
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ellmarie

Have you contacted customer support yet?

If so, what is your current ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    This quest is still bugged a bit. And since its the main storyline, you can't abandon it. My new character did it yesterday and died. I left it there and logged out of the game for the day anyway. So went to do it today and did finished it. Only problem was that at the end after you drop to coldharbour and the Prophet opened the portal, it took me right back to the Castle of the Worm quest. And like mentioned above, you can't go back through because you'd need to collect the flesh parts to open the sealed door.

I am stuck for now. Trying to wait for a soft reset. Reload ui didn't work, as I didn't think it would.

Update: Did a soft reset and logged in. It put me back in front of The Harborage, but the problem is, the questline is still active. It still wants me to through the portal to do the quest all over again, but like I said you can't because of the flesh atronach door. Until ZOS helps me, my character can't do the main questline, since you can't abandon.

When I was stuck, and couldn’t get the flesh door open, the ghost reappeared in the area. If you have quest tracker on so it shows the triangles have a look around because I did all you did but once I retraced my steps it showed up
    PS4 Eu Server
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @ellmarie

I did Bill, thank you. They said I have to do a reset on the game and delete saved data :(

I will go back and try that @RedRoomGaming,but, Looks like my quest marker is stuck on the first doorway, and the ghost of Abnur is not moving. So I can't go back through the Inner Keep where I came from, and I can't progress through the sealed door. I tried wait and running around for a bit, but nothing. Thanks though!
    Xbox X- NA
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @ellmarie

I did Bill, thank you. They said I have to do a reset on the game and delete saved data :(

I will go back and try that @RedRoomGaming,but, Looks like my quest marker is stuck on the first doorway, and the ghost of Abnur is not moving. So I can't go back through the Inner Keep where I came from, and I can't progress through the sealed door. I tried wait and running around for a bit, but nothing. Thanks though!

Have you tired travelling out then bavk in through the door you came in at first
    PS4 Eu Server
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! It finally allowed me to build a flesh atronach again. lol. I swear I've gone in 5x and he says nothing.
    Yeah, it didn't allow me to go back through the door. So I'd log out and wait and it'd put me back in front of the Harborage and I'd have to go through again.

Went through it all again, and finally it ended the quest. Ugggg.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox X- NA
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! It finally allowed me to build a flesh atronach again. lol. I swear I've gone in 5x and he says nothing.
    Yeah, it didn't allow me to go back through the door. So I'd log out and wait and it'd put me back in front of the Harborage and I'd have to go through again.

When you done it so many times the reality of doing it all again suuuuucks. Glad you got it sorted tho
    PS4 Eu Server
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭

When you done it so many times the reality of doing it all again suuuuucks. Glad you got it sorted tho

yes, thank you for telling me basically I needed patience! lol
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the quest issue has now been resolved, we will go ahead and close the discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.