The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No access Code for logging into account / CONSTANTLY does not recognize IP/device

• RespectPVP
    RespectPVP
    Soul Shriven
    I'm now having the same problem. Was playing before I went to work, got home and got told that this pc is not authorised. Got sent a access code, which of course is not working Ingame but works fine in the browser. It says to wait 24h to get a new code. I've seen so many people have had this issue, pretty wild if you ask me. Just googled normal response time for tickets and it says normally within two business days. Very frustrating to get home from work only for this to happen, but I guess I'll just hope for the best and that it gets resolved in 24h when I can get a new code sent to me.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/625675/login-code

Workaround is logon to ESO website.
    > https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login

You should get the login code.
    Then, run the game afterwards.

Since January 19, 2023 for me,
    the login code always
    fails to get sent thru game.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I had posted a separate thread with the issue discussed here (Sorry for the duplicate email I did do a forum search for this issue but nothing came up). In my case it resolved on its own. At least when I tried to log in about 15 min later, I had no trouble getting in. So I didn't need to use the suggested workaround of logging into the ESO site to get a code.

It's odd that the email never arrived, though, and the message said I would have to wait 24 hours before attempting to login again. I did check spam folders, and even different email addresses, including the one that is no longer linked to my ESO account, but the message didn't go to those either.

My spouse also had the exact same thing happen yesterday, so I wonder if our ISP switched our url address, which they do upon occasion, or maybe we had very short power glitch (it's been windy here), though that didn't happen when our power was out for days over new year. In any case, the system for ESO re-authentication doesn't appear to be working correctly, and it appears to be an ongoing issue.

Glad it seems to fix itself, at least.
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having this same issue for a week or two. What I have learned is that the ACCSESS CODE window will pop up randomly. It may happen when I am cycling characters to get hirelings. It may happen on my first login for the day. In each instance I am sure it is not due to the servers having not remembered my IP address. That is because I can can restart the copmuter and game then it works. The servers know my IP.

What has always worked for me is to reboot my computer; then the login works as expected.

It never sends a code to my email. I have been monitoring my IP address and it has not changed while I have gotten dozens of ACCESS CODE windows at login. I may be a Windows 10 problem or bug or a server side bug. But since I never get a code email the window is being opened but the error code email sofware is not getting called.
    I get the ACCESS CODE window if I mistype my password and it is repeatable. That is not what happened in the past. A mistyped password just let me try again.

I am going to try removing the game entirely and relaoding it. I am suspicious that a bit of code is corrupted and not being found by the verifying check.

If I can play just one day getting my hireleing emails and do a few dungeons and some PVP without a problem I will come back here to post what happened. I login and out over ten times every day.
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I can't uninstall the game.
    I went to Apps and Features selected The Elder Scrolls Online and picked uninstall. I confirmed letting the software modify my computer or whatever. It ran and looked successful. I rebooted and noticed the free space on the disk did not increase by more that a few hundred MB. The Zeminax Online folder has 91.8GB after uninstall. And the game runs like it did before uninstall. The fodler: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\uninstall is empty except for a .ico file. I think that is an icon file.
    Now I am reserching how to uninstall a game without an unistall procedure. This is taking way too much time.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me when this happens, I just cancel the pop up window, and try logging in again. It stops happening after a few tries.

ZOS your login system has become bugged and you should fix it ASAP. People are getting locked out of their accounts.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it happen again this morning on my laptop for my ALT account trying to login to the game. No code sent of course....

So I exited to the desktop, went to my already open browser window that was at the login page for my MAIN account, logged into my MAIN account's web page (no code needed), then was able to login on my ALT account without a problem.

For me, this behavior started happening after the long ESO Account maintenance last week.

This morning, it seemed when the system recognized an appropriate account login from the browser (didn't matter which one) and didn't have an open web browser login page, it allowed me to login to the game.

@ZOS_Bill, please pass this info on to the Devs as it might help them track down the cause of the problem that for many has arisen just recently.
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    After a clean install the very first login got the ACCESS CODE prompt and I never received an email. After a reboot it worked.

Is there anything we can do to help? Like a data capture when the ACCESS CODE widnow appears that might tell programmers what events had been handled and which functions had been called via a trace back.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Had a similar thing just now.

I got the code prompt a couple days ago once (when switching between PC/EU and PC/NA - the first time I had logged in to the game it hadn't given me any such prompt), and that time I did receive a code. Today I didn't, and immediately worried that for some strange reason, my account was not linked to my e-mail address anymore, so I went to the ESO account website, only to be greeted by an "internal server error" :sweat_smile: (The site works for me now, but I wonder if there's some meaning to it being down at the time when I received the code prompt?)

Obviously I didn't much feel like waiting for the next 24 hours to maybe receive a code then, so I closed the game and the launcher and tried to log in again... and tada, it worked just fine then.

Now I can't help but wonder if, in the case that someone did try to log in to my account from a different device, could they use the same trick and I'd never find out because I wouldn't receive an e-mail then either? Sure hope that's not the case and it's only a minor hiccup :sweat_smile:
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • pottedfrog
    pottedfrog
    ✭✭
    Exactly the same as OP -- access code keeps being requested, never had a single code emailed BUT I can receive all other emails from both ZoS and Bethesda emails.

Put in 2 support tickets so far about the issue but the only responses I've had are copy/pastes of the FAQ page about what to do if you don't get a code -- which is rediculous as that page is in the auto-response I've had before a human gets to reply. So far the support has been far from competent.

-- If I change my password (which I've done multiple times) I get an email without issue
    -- If I change my email (which I've done) I get a warning, verify and confirmation emails AND I get the access code email sent with no issue
    -- If I login using game client, I get a request for Access Code which I never receive ... it's NOT my email at fault
    -- I've had multiple 'Internal server errors' when editing my account via browser (eg 17217ac62d.png
    -- Being able to bypass the Access Code is a huge security issue
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I just got pottedfrog's internal server error logging out of my account with Chrome
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulfson wrote: »
    I can't uninstall the game.
    I went to Apps and Features selected The Elder Scrolls Online and picked uninstall. I confirmed letting the software modify my computer or whatever. It ran and looked successful. I rebooted and noticed the free space on the disk did not increase by more that a few hundred MB. The Zeminax Online folder has 91.8GB after uninstall. And the game runs like it did before uninstall. The fodler: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\uninstall is empty except for a .ico file. I think that is an icon file.
    Now I am reserching how to uninstall a game without an unistall procedure. This is taking way too much time.

There is an uninstall selection in the launcher under game options (where the repair is) if thats any help?
  • Vinnymonster
    Vinnymonster
    Soul Shriven
    Noisivid wrote: »
    @ZOS_Bill

I'm having a similar problems over the last few days.

Login in tells me this computer is not authorized to log into my account (same computer I've been using) and to check my e-mail for a log in code. but the log-in code never shows up. I am able to change the password though and apparently log into my account here on the forums. Now the support page (and other ESO website pages) is undergoing maintenance...

Is the maintenance at least in part regarding this issue?

I'm not really sure how to proceed as I can not currently start a support ticket.

I've been having this problem since the update today (Jan 23). I've never had this issue before.
    Ven changed my email and password, still no authorisation code and half the time I've been unable to access my account.
  • NathanESO
    NathanESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing the same problem ever since the last update and never experienced it before, it always worked smoothly when changing PCs. In the past few days I've tried everything and changed my email address several times but never receive the access code to log in. ZOS can't you set it up so we can request a code by logging in via the website?
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I first tried to log in, I got a message saying I needed to visit my e-mail associated with my account to get an access code as the game didn't recognize the computer I was logging in from. But this is the only computer I have ever used to log into the game, nearly every day for years. It kinda freaked me out. And then when I went to my e-mail, no message every came with an access code. After waiting 10 minutes, I tried to log into the game again. And this time I got into the game with no problem whatsoever.

Just wanted to let the devs know that something is strange on their end.
  • Orama
    Orama
    ✭✭
    Same problem. I even contacted my provider to get static IP which is costly and it is ZoS loss since its money not going to ESO plus. I am trying to log into my account and i am not allowed "this computer is not authorised to log to this account". Note that this message has been popping since day 1 , and usually pressing TAB and relogging is enough. Today though i just cant log in. There is no verification email coming , nor ever came during all that time. I have uninstalled all addons and the problem remains even though i dont think it is an add on problem, since the problem existed before i started using addons. Support ticket 230126-001099. Also if this persists for more than a day (it has been already 4h without any reply), will i get an extra day on eso plus?its not like i care for a day, but what if its 2 days-3 days? and what about the subscription itself? everytime game decides "its for my safety" i will get locked out of the game? I very rarely make a ticket (perhaps 4-5 times at most since 2014) but this is obviously a serious and common theme which should be adressed since its a service not delivered from ESO part, and not because i broke any laws or agreements. In addition there is NOWHERE said in game requirements that you have to have static IP and as far as i know no other MMO game does that. Its a game i m trying to play not log to NSA servers. I am no expert but isnt that what mac adress is for?
    Edited by Orama on 26 January 2023 14:43
  • Evo95
    Evo95
    ✭✭
    Thank god I'm not alone. Same exact problem as OP, I've done everything, even the confirmation from site helped.
    I just want to play!

My ticket: 230126-004238
  • Evo95
    Evo95
    ✭✭
    Ok boys, find out the problem.
    Apparently the game is telling you that your device is not recognized and you need to verify it with a code that is sent to you in email, WRONG. You will never receive an email and NO is not your device problem but you are using the WRONG password.
    Solved for me.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the issue with getting the 'unrecognized' message and needing a code for logging into the ACCOUNT page is the annoying problem that has gone on for so long.
    I DO get the codes for this message. I just shouldn't have to get it every day, for every account (I have multiple accounts).
    And no, my browser is not clearing my cache, as one poster suggested. In almost 9 years of play, first time I've had this issue.
    Like others, this has cost them money - by the time I can log into an account when I have an impulse to buy crowns etc, the impulse has worn off and I just go 'meh, maybe later'.

The other issue that many are now seeing started recently... the "unrecognized" message for logging into the GAME itself.
    I am getting this too, randomly.
    I NEVER get a code for this message, but if I try to log in again with the same account it usually works and I get in.

No more messages on my ticket, which I have posted here before, and which Zos_Bill said I should hear about in time. It has likely gone inactive.... again.
  • Orama
    Orama
    ✭✭
    @Evo95 dude you saved me!!!! i wish i could give you 5 stars and buy you a drink.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evo95 wrote: »
    Apparently the game is telling you that your device is not recognized and you need to verify it with a code that is sent to you in email, WRONG. You will never receive an email and NO is not your device problem but you are using the WRONG password.
    Solved for me.

Yep, entering the wrong pw will spring that message for sure. however if it says it's sending a code, it should still send one but in the case of a bad entry, it should show the message for incorrect account/pw instead perhaps.
  • Manadh
    Manadh
    Soul Shriven
    Evo95 wrote: »
    Solved for me.

Thank you!. This should be pinned somewhere.
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Um so I just bypassed the access code by closing the launcher and reopening it - isn't that a huge security flaw?
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also unable to login now. Unrecognized browser w/ no access code received after 2 days. Ticket sent. Thanks
    Edited by Vulkunne on 29 January 2023 19:26
  • Kenjermin
    Kenjermin
    ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Did all the troubleshooting steps listed in the instructions. I changed my email address twice, and still, I cannot log in.

Do not get a verification email at either address.

I replied to my original ticket email like they said to do if I still had trouble, and nothing.

At this point, I will just play something else until I can get this resolved; my level of frustration is becoming unhealthy.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulfson wrote: »
    I have been having this same issue for a week or two. What I have learned is that the ACCSESS CODE window will pop up randomly.

^^ this, for multiple people in my guilds. The "enter access code window" pops up, e-mail never comes, cancel & try again and suddenly the code requirement is gone.

Multiple accounts is something that everyone might have in common (?)
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Type in your password, if that message pops up, just cancel it, type your password again and just log in.
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Ayumai
    Ayumai
    ✭✭
    HELP PLEASE @ZOS_Bill

TICKET NUMBER: 230201003252

Thank you
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    I enter my password several times wrong on purpose and that message appears instead of the normal your password is wrong message.

If I then type in the correct password it all seems to work fine.
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
This discussion has been closed.