Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

psijic order skill line worth it?

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
Hey is it worth doing the psijic order guild quests? I did the first quest and had to find all these portals and shut them down around summerset and obtained the psijic order skill line. Now I have to do the same thing but somewhere else. It literally causing depressed mood. Its doing my brain in. My question is, is it worth it?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For overlanding, no. Not sure about PvP. In PvE some of the skills have niche uses. If you’re on PC and use addons, there is one that makes it a lot less painful. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the name off the top of my head. It might be map pins?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. It isn't "necessary," no, but there are some things that will benefit you if you do it. Kinda like maxing the undaunted skill line. Is it "worth it?" Really depends. If you hate doing dungeons and it causes you depression then no. If you foresee yourself playing the same character for a number of years then yes, maybe that 3% boost to your resources is worth it. Its up to you.

From a PvP perspective, the psijic skill Race against Time is one of (if not THE,) best snare removal in the game. The ultimate is back barred by some for minor protection. The spammable isn't bad. The passive that gives you a damage shield while blocking is, yknow, better than NOT having one. But if its depressing you then don't do it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at a minimum do the intro so you can see psijic portals, after that its kind of "up to you" and what your goals are with your toons build
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    For overlanding, no. Not sure about PvP. In PvE some of the skills have niche uses. If you’re on PC and use addons, there is one that makes it a lot less painful. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the name off the top of my head. It might be map pins?

It's Map Pins. It really cuts down on the time.

I like doing this quest line because I get tired of killing, killing, killing.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on 7 December 2022 13:23
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For roleplay or just for fun, yeah the psijic line is worth doing at least once. And RAT is very helpful in PvP.

That being said, I haven't done the quest line on a new character in a long time.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    If you don't want to do it then don't do it. It isn't "necessary," no, but there are some things that will benefit you if you do it. Kinda like maxing the undaunted skill line. Is it "worth it?" Really depends. If you hate doing dungeons and it causes you depression then no. If you foresee yourself playing the same character for a number of years then yes, maybe that 3% boost to your resources is worth it. Its up to you.

From a PvP perspective, the psijic skill Race against Time is one of (if not THE,) best snare removal in the game. The ultimate is back barred by some for minor protection. The spammable isn't bad. The passive that gives you a damage shield while blocking is, yknow, better than NOT having one. But if its depressing you then don't do it.

what do you mean with the 3% ressource buff?

I didnt do the psijic order quests yet, but i cant find any passive or active that grants you a ressource buff..
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

what do you mean with the 3% ressource buff?

I didnt do the psijic order quests yet, but i cant find any passive or active that grants you a ressource buff..

they were referencing the undaunted skill line, and the work it takes to max it out if you wanted the 1-3% resource buff
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are into crafting/trading, the portals often contain nice stuff.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This skill line eventually gives you a pretty interesting houseguest with a talent for weird conversation.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 15 December 2022 09:16
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    I have almost finished it, I am about to close the last time breaches in Craglorn.

I choose the quest after finishing the main quest and the Mages and the Fighters guilds quest lines, and I couldn't find any quests with a decent story.

It can be both fun and frustrating running around with no exact direction, and I guess it is similiar to helping Lord Vivec out, but it gives me the chance to finish some of the the delves and public dungeons I haven't visited yet. There is also often an active dolmen on the way.

So I guess that for me it is about levelling up and collecting gear on the way, and to test my higher level character in regions that seems difficult last I was there.

• Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't do it all at once. Scatter it through doing other things, and let yourself take time. There's a lot. Some of the portals are in quite scenic places, which is nice. Get the map pins tho, don't just try and look for them.