Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My game crashes when traveling to my houses.

firelordkc
firelordkc
Soul Shriven
So I play ESO on an Xbox and the game crashes constantly when traveling to my houses. At first it was just the Antiquarian’s Alpine Gallery House and only happened on occasion, then it became at least once daily, then it started happening with other houses too, and today it crashed 3 times just traveling to a house. I’ve put, at minimum, 10 help tickets in. When submitting through the xbox, no one responded, so I started submitting online requesting a text response. Each time I was basically told to do all these steps I’d already done numerous times until eventually I was told they couldn’t help and to report it as feedback. Of course, no one responds to feedback and nothing has been fixed either. I want you to understand that this has been happening for MONTHS, possibly a full year at this point, and it’s only getting worse.

Has anyone else had this problem and was it ever successfully resolved?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 28 November 2022 20:00
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me. It only stopped after I essentially gutted the home of all of its furnishings, which pretty much defeated the purpose of why I had the house. Moved to Psijic's (from the Alpine Gallery) and it has started happening there now, too.

It's definitely a bug and it's definitely been a problem for a long time now. I'm a little frustrated nothing has been addressed about this formally and there's no fix announcement. I'm also on XBOX if that helps narrow the issue down at all. I've also fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game in an attempt to fix this issue. No avail.

Are you close to the furnishing cap in these homes? Do you have a lot of dummies, interactables? This only happens in my homes when I've used around 3/4 of the furnishing limit.
  • firelordkc
    firelordkc
    Soul Shriven
    Stanx wrote: »
    Are you close to the furnishing cap in these homes? Do you have a lot of dummies, interactables? This only happens in my homes when I've used around 3/4 of the furnishing limit.

Yes, actually. It’s fully capped on furnishings. I created a lot of furnishings specifically for it, too.

The other house that also started crashing (Snugpod) is over 1/2 full. I’m using the Doomchar Plateau as a storage house for excess furnishings, I’m surprised it hasn’t crashed yet. I’ve always thought the cap was too low on these bigger houses, but I hate to hear the issue is most likely caused by having too many furnishings. That does defeat the purpose entirely.

I too uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared the cache, etc. This is absolutely something that needs to be addressed. Especially if they’re just going to dump furnishings on us every event, introduce new antiquity furnishings every dlc, charge a lot of money/crowns for the bigger houses in the crown store, but the houses can’t even handle their own furnishing caps.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @firelordkc

Would you be able to provide us with your most recent ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post