Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there a way to change character appearance after the creation menu?

bobay4224ub17_ESO
bobay4224ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am level 8, I have a character which I like, but I really messed up on their height, which is really killing it for me. Is there a way I can edit their height without fully recreating them? I know I am only level 8, but even if it costs gold, I would change it.
  • donheyb16_ESO
    I'm afraid this isn't available yet, sorry. I think it likely that ZOS will add something like that in a future update.
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    I think that is the kind of thing they want to make a cash shop purchase. Not sure though.
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see ZOS making some money from this, no once created you are done.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I creates a Wood Elf DK. Had her looking good. Started the game, hit I and when I looked at her she looked like an old hag. So much for their character creation. I'm going to delete her and try again. If I get the same results then I'll wait for a patch.
  • LadyBravora
    LadyBravora
    ✭✭
    At the moment, people tend to just be re-creating their characters.

I'm on the exact same page as you. Height and everything.
    A lot of people are thinking it will come as a cash shop type item, but it's hard not having a definite yes or no, huh?

I've submitted a ticket about this and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. It'd be really awesome if you could do the same and then post the info in here if you get it, that way we're covered on two front, in case only one of us gets the email.
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    They could add an option during respeccing.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I creates a Wood Elf DK. Had her looking good. Started the game, hit I and when I looked at her she looked like an old hag. So much for their character creation.
    So much for you not adjusting the Age slider, you mean.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no doubt character customization will be an added feature in the future but for now, if you're truly unhappy with character appearance and only level 8 I recommned you delete and get it right next time. :)
  • Indii
    Indii
    To be honest I was expecting to not be able to change my characters' appearances after creation. Mainly because this wasn't an option in Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind. It's why I spent about 30mins playing around with all the different options in the CC screen before starting the game. The CC screen is pretty good and I don't think there's much I would change about my characters. My tip would be to put more thought into it at the start.

For everything else, there's costumes!
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    I messed up on the height of my character too, but deleted and restarted before even leaving cold harbor
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Considering there is a prevalent bug that prevents you from zooming in to see your character's face... yes, people will need a makeover at some point. (and yes I know that second character is ok)
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    I logged on just after the servers came up, and creating my first character, the creation screen wouldn't zoom in for the facial features. So I had to guess and now I'm not really happy with how it turned out. But I barely see her face in-game anyway, so I'm happy to wait until something is implemented. For me, it's not game ruining because I play to explore, craft, and beat up bad guys :)
  • Grym_forum
    deleting my character and restarting is not an option for me. am not getting an XP refund am I? please don't charge people real money for this option either. that is low down. just let anyone re customize their appearance whenever they want. whats the big deal.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indii wrote: »
    To be honest I was expecting to not be able to change my characters' appearances after creation. Mainly because this wasn't an option in Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind.

It is an option in Skyrim with one of the DLCs. Not sure of which one though.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indii wrote: »
    It's why I spent about 30mins playing around with all the different options in the CC screen before starting the game.

Only 30 minutes, pfft :p

Seriously though, I timed myself last night on character creation for my main, took me exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes on the nose before I was happy to click create and move on. Yes, Tragic I know! :\

I reckon I spent about 30 minutes just on one alt, he is a Huge Nord that looks like Jason Statham, only much, much taller hehehe

Added to that, I already has sketched out long ago what all of their names would be, roughly what they would look like and it STILL too me that long. Talk about being OCD.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    It is an option in Skyrim with one of the DLCs. Not sure of which one though.
    Dawnguard. It was under Riften, I believe, in the Ratway.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on 2 April 2014 00:05
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    They have said that in the future they will add more hair and other styles and will have a way of changing your character's look in-game (all of this post-launch).
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Please no cash shop for given that this is p2p...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

As this thread is quite old and contains some outdated information, we have gone ahead and closed it down. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this subject, please feel free to create a new thread with current information.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.