Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is it possible to change character's appearance?

Sonic260
Sonic260
✭✭
I've got a few hours in on the early access, but I noticed a big problem with my Character's appearance. Is it possible to change it without deleting him and starting over?
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I know of.
  • Esteevius
    Esteevius
    ✭✭
    Nope..
    - Esteevius
    "Wisdom Comes To Those That Are."
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet, but it will probably be something they introduce later (a month or two). It will either be in game and cost gold, or more likely one of the things they add to their "cash shop" of horse, imperial edition, and name changes.

Edit - It's only been 12 hours; I suggest you just remake your character if it is bugging you enough to post. Annoying, but a better option.
    Edited by Osi on 30 March 2014 23:21
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, the old quickly-create-a-character-and-rush-into-game problem. Hehehe

Not laughing at you, it's pretty common to get into character creation, make up your character then proceed to game only to find you don't like them. I'm laughing as it'll happen to tonnes of people.

Having done the same thing before in other games, it's all about slowing down and being patient, getting your character exactly right before you launch them off into the world. It'll drive you bonkers if you persist, I'd take this as a learning opportunity and start again if I were you. You'll be happier in the longterm, plus think of it this way, if you do it know, even though a chore you'll still be in front of the many that start the game on the 4th of April

Good luck!
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    I went ahead and remade my character, better to do it early in the game then wait until level 40 and finally notice the mistake. Thanks for the replies.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of a few people that while they have early access, they will still be busy with character creation, making them look 100% how they want.

You may call them crazy, but as I see it. If you are going to heavily invest time into this game, then it's worth investing a little extra time at the start.

Good luck, I hope you are now happy with things. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have this annoyance as well. And NO kijima its not from rushing into the game...it is because I could not zoom in on her face on the first day. Why dont you try to find out more info before making fun of people.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    Lizzrdd wrote: »
    I actually have this annoyance as well. And NO kijima its not from rushing into the game...it is because I could not zoom in on her face on the first day. Why dont you try to find out more info before making fun of people.

Although I had the same problem as you did, he wasn't making fun of me at all.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there'll be a character customization option in future, but if you're truly unhappy with your characters appearance then starting anew would be the best advisable course of action.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was, I've already remade myself a few times because I didn't end up liking it once I started acquiring different gear looks.
  • Esteevius
    Esteevius
    ✭✭
    The character creation screen's lighting is a bit weird too, so it makes it difficult to really know how your character will look in proper lighting, or next to other characters (for reasons like height.)
    - Esteevius
    "Wisdom Comes To Those That Are."