The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Druids and the weird sisters, help me understand the difference…

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
So I struggle to see the difference, here are two specific questions that I think would help me, but if I am asking the wrong questions then go whichever direction it needs to go.

1. What are the source of their abilities?
2. What is it that they revere/worship?

My in game guess currently. The druids chiefly revere nature as a whole, therefore in the time of their persecution they could flee high rock because nature is all over.

The weird sisters chiefly revere the Ehlnofey, which means they must stay put because their giant tree Ehlnofey couldn’t fit in their back packs.

My OOC theory is that the sisters were meant to fulfill the Breton Druid lore and you guys gave hell insisting they weren’t druids and so the druids were eventually added, thus making two groups where there was one. But what do I know? 😁🤷‍♂️
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you've read the Wyrd and Druid book. It more or less confirms what you're saying. They both started off as simply Bretons, and then branched off with different methods of practice.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not read it. I have listened to the dialogue from the Druid in the first main story quest from high rock. (I’ve been on a single player game binge). But what I’m wanting to know is, what are those “different methods of practice”?

Are you saying it confirms the role of the Ehlnofey are a key distinction?
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured out you actually linked me the book! 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Was very insightful, thank you!
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying it confirms the role of the Ehlnofey are a key distinction?
    More or less, as I said. From the in-game book:
    In time, the paths to the True Way diverged. Repulsed by the excesses of the Elves, the sisterhood of the wyrds took form and they turned away from civilization altogether. They found beauty in raw, untamed nature and sought swaddling in Y'ffre's embrace like naked infants. They whispered to the Earthbones and became children again. We druids saw beauty in nature, as well. But we could not live as beasts do. Wisdom lies in knowing the proper place of all things. Manmer are not wolves, or ferns, or rainstorms. We are Manmer, and we must live as Manmer. This meant moving forward—striving for a world perfected, not isolation and separation.
    On one hand, the druids seek harmony and coexistance with nature and civilisation, while the wyrd chose isolation. In terms of practice, it could be argued that both the druids and the wyrd revere the et'Ada/Ehlnofey, with the druids praising Y'ffre, said to have been one of the first to transform into the Ehlnofey, while the wyrd simply speak to the "Earthbones" (Ehlnofey). However, tthe methods of practice I mentioned are much more literal: as in, how they practice, with the druids generally not using cauldrons or being known as witches, etc.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Troodon80

With the Wyrd emphasis on isolation from civil society one could expect their practices to be a bit more primal/savage. Makes me want to think of how the reach magic comes into the spectrum. The feeling I get from the reach is a much darker, brutal, version of the nature magic. Almost like the hagravens influenced it too early in its evolution.