Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Digital pre order bonus item warning message

kenshindononub18_ESO
just noticed a system message.. says:

"Before deleting a character, please ensure that you have deposited any digital pre-order or imperial edition bonuses in the in-game bank. This will ensure they are retrievable by your other characters"

whats this talking about? The pets and stuff? I thought you get them on all your characters. Does only the first character you make get them or what? Really need to know how this works because i just reserved names and didn't make characters for real. I was gonna delete them and remake them for real tonight or tomorrow. Will i lose any pre-order bonus's? And what bonus's is it referring too?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm, many questions present themselves.
    Basically, you only get 1 preorder bonus (ie the vanity pets, rings of mara, etc.) These can be swapped between characters via the in game bank.
    You will only lose the items that come with the preorder (I mentioned before) if you delete the character holding them. The character only holds them if you take it from the mail with that character.

Basically, whichever character has taken your items out of the mail, don't delete him!
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    SO can i safely read the mail as long as i dont actually TAKE the items? I noticed all my characters have a pop up for 2 mails on them, but havent clicked it. Im not clear on the delivery system for this. My guess is they send them to you in a mail attachment right?

Also what are the items? I thought we didn't get the maps or vanity pets till actual launch.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can take the items and put them in your bank, or you can not take them and take them with another character. Doesn't matter which one you do.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, all of your characters will get the mail. Only one can take - although once you take the mail you can transfer the stuff between your characters via the bank.
    So far you probably only have the imperial bonuses - in the mail you should find the rings of mara and a mudcrab vanity pet.
    On the 4th you'll also get a scuttler vanity pet and some treasure maps.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    Well, like i said i made some characters just to reserve the names. I plan on deleting them and remaking them for real (actually customizing them) I just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to lose any items. It sounds like if i dont take the items from the mail i should be fine right? Thats what i need to verify. I can still read the message, as long as i dont take the item, correct?

also still wondering WHAT the items are. Like i said i thought we dont get the pets and maps till launch
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was a bug, but my understanding is that everyone has received all their items, including treasure maps.
    ----
    Murray?
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    ah message was posted while i was typing. That answered my question about what is in the mail.

So just want confirmation that i can read the mail safely, as long as i don tactually TAKE the item, right?
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    bump
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was being good and followed the directions and tried to save everything into my bank, but the treasure maps are bop and won't go in.
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    so is it safe to read the mail as long as you dont take the items? Also.. i thought BOP items still could be put in the bank. It wouldn't let you?
  • eric.kb14_ESO
    where is the bank? Im in dire need of space from all these dang treasure maps
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    banks are only in the major cities so depends on your faction. Can anyone answer my last question? Its pretty important. I want to verify that its safe to read the message as long as i dont actually take the items from it
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    Yeah, all of your characters will get the mail. Only one can take - although once you take the mail you can transfer the stuff between your characters via the bank.
    So far you probably only have the imperial bonuses - in the mail you should find the rings of mara and a mudcrab vanity pet.
    On the 4th you'll also get a scuttler vanity pet and some treasure maps.
    No. Any character can take the mail. However. I did not test what happen if all characters is deleted.
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    banks are only in the major cities so depends on your faction. Can anyone answer my last question? Its pretty important. I want to verify that its safe to read the message as long as i dont actually take the items from it

Reading the mail will not put them into your inventory. Those items are safe, if the character that read the mail is deleted later.

It takes 1k of gold to open your initial bank account so try to refrain on taking items out of the mail, until you actually need them, i.e. maps.
  • kenshindononub18_ESO
    wait.. WHAT? It costs 1k to open the bank? are you serious? It cost that to expand the slots but you should have like 50 or 60 slots at the start dont you?
  • blahgameblahb14_ESO
    1K is the 1st bank INCREASE. You do have a 60 slot bank. The 'zipped' maps do not go in but when you take them and 'expand' them into the actual single maps (there are 8 or so in each faction map item) they go in and can be given to alts (via bank).

Treasure maps are a 1 shot. !st character to use, that's it. That part is disappointing.
  • blahgameblahb14_ESO
    Oh and 1st bag (personal, not shared) is 400 gold. 2nd is 2K.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was being good and followed the directions and tried to save everything into my bank, but the treasure maps are bop and won't go in.

The blue items which you receive are containers of maps and are BoP - open the containers and pop the maps into the bank individually :)
  • gorathffeb17_ESO
    Funny. First time i see bonus items restricted to 1 character only. Anyone knows a devs logic behind this decision?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to throw in my two cents: I believe the bonus/premium items should be tied to the account and not the characters we create on our account. Cheers!
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • rollover
    rollover
    ✭✭
    I agree, this character-bound premium approach is rubbish.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Funny. First time i see bonus items restricted to 1 character only. Anyone knows a devs logic behind this decision?

When it was announced during Beta no one was quite sure. I think it's a limitation of how they send messages to players; messages are sent globally to your account so you can access them from any character. You sign up for Guilds by your account name, so for the most part you would be contacted by account.

• Rissq
    Rissq
    It's a little annoying but yeah, you only get it once. Which seems like a hassle. And it was a hassle when I realized that I wanted to remake my first character. This meant I had progress through Coldharbour and into the bank before recreating my character.

And yes, I have both the monkey and scuttler vanity pet with all of the treasure maps already.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda wish they didn't give out any pets. Too many Damn monkeys and crabs running around or running in place.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it was a bug, but my understanding is that everyone has received all their items, including treasure maps.
    I believe only those who ordered through the ESO store ( and thus have fully paid) have all their items. Those who went retail or 3rd party only received some of their items and will receive the rest when they entered their game codes. I could be wrong though.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!