Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playing with a friend

MagicFerret
Hi, I have a friend who is also playing , I have added him to my friends list but can not work out how to play with him. I can't add him to a group as it says he is in another faction. Do you need to be in the same faction?.. I hope not as I have spent 9 hours on my character I don't want to have to start all over again. Please help I can't find the info anywhere
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To play with your friend, you both have to be part of the same faction.
    :(

^Although you could crush him in pvp if you both go to cyrodil.
    Edited by Inversus on 30 March 2014 21:20
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • skylinedive
    You have to be the same faction and you can't group together until out of the starter prison quest area. Once you're in your first real town, you can group together, again, if in the same faction.
  • MagicFerret
    Thanks for the fast response. Looks like I am going to have to start again, to be able to play with him . Nine hours wasted
  • MagicFerret
    decided not to restart, i will just become really strong and beat my friend to a pulp in PVP
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame factions have been forced on the PVE world, while it may be 'lore' it's also entirely alien to the TES games which we've played up till now.

And since pre-orderers get to play any race in any faction even the lore has been diluted to the point of irrelvance IMO.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend you to start over.
    Nine hours can mean pretty much at the moment but it's better to start over now than realising when you have reached couple of veteran ranks: Damn, this game would have been alot better if I had a friend to play with.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you do not wish to restart? I wouldn't take you long to get back to the level you were at? Especially if you're friend helped you or vice versa. If it was me, I would but of course, it has to be your decision.
  • MagicFerret
    you guys are probably right. I did spend a wee while getting used to the game menus etc and navigation. I was only at level 7 so starting again would make more sense being able to do dungeon raids etc together. Thanks for the input guys :)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 1-3 is about 10 minutes.