The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Dark Brotherhood Spoilers] Should the Litany of Blood update after every mark you satisfy?

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is a QOL poll

In the Dark Brotherhood DLC the Litany of Blood is a book that is magically attuned to your eyes- no one else in the game can read it for whatever reason. Maybe it's because the powers that be know you are to become a greater presence capable of the task. In any event, described in the pages are marked targets that we need to kill, and we will know who they are by the clues given and one mark in their eyes. We get certain clues, such as gender, clothing, behavior, but the most definitive of all is their eyes. Other than through self-tracking or guides that show who is on what pedistal, we have no way of knowing who we already killed.

I don't go down the list of who to kill, and I feel that if the book is truly magical it would update with some sort of congratulatory message or simply wipe the names from the NPCs I've killed. Instead we have to rely on guides. Even going up to the shade of the person we killed doesn't give us their names or locations or any sort of indicator- as seen here:

dzkywwqerzwq.png

This right here is the first mark on the list from Auridon, Skywatch. After I killed her, her body glew red and appeared in the sanctuary.

And here is the book, interacted with and not looked at from shalidor's library or eidetic memory it does not acknowledge her death/soul being collected.

wcsyl46hvajo.png

I personally feel they should either update the book itself, place the location or name of the mark we've already killed at their shade in the sanctuary, or create some sort of tracking that isn't dependent on third party help such as add-ons or guides. Right now, especially for people who play the game and revisit it, we sometimes forget which ones we've done or haven't done. Helping to track the kills somehow, I feel, would be of great benefit.

If you vote option 3 and something in-game already exists that I am ignorant of, please let me know in the comments.
Edited by Dr_Con on 10 September 2022 22:26

[Dark Brotherhood Spoilers] Should the Litany of Blood update after every mark you satisfy? 9 votes

Yes, the Litany of blood should update or some other option to help track our Litany of Blood Kills should be implemented without the need for third party add-ons or guides
66%
karthrag_inakOakenaxeSmokyRed7WerewolfTercesDeserrick 6 votes
No, the current system is fine as-is
11%
Drathly 1 vote
Something in-game already exists that the OP isn't aware of
22%
Maitsukasmoleculardrugs 2 votes
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Litany of blood should update or some other option to help track our Litany of Blood Kills should be implemented without the need for third party add-ons or guides
    100% agree and great post OP. Would be a very handy QOL addition and I don't know programming but it couldn't be that tricky to have some mark or line through those that have been dealt with, hope they listen to you bud.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one also agrees.It has been 5 years since khajiit did this and he found it somewhat needlessly grueling when he did, which is why this one has not redone it on other characters yet.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can track on who you've killed with "The Litany of Blood" Character Achivement under Dark Brotherhood -> General. Missing ones are always shown as gray.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    You can track on who you've killed with "The Litany of Blood" Character Achivement under Dark Brotherhood -> General. Missing ones are always shown as gray.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I never thought of that before, oops :#:D
    Edited by Smoky on 14 September 2022 10:09
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    This is a QOL poll

In the Dark Brotherhood DLC the Litany of Blood is a book that is magically attuned to your eyes- no one else in the game can read it for whatever reason. Maybe it's because the powers that be know you are to become a greater presence capable of the task. In any event, described in the pages are marked targets that we need to kill, and we will know who they are by the clues given and one mark in their eyes. We get certain clues, such as gender, clothing, behavior, but the most definitive of all is their eyes. Other than through self-tracking or guides that show who is on what pedistal, we have no way of knowing who we already killed.

I don't go down the list of who to kill, and I feel that if the book is truly magical it would update with some sort of congratulatory message or simply wipe the names from the NPCs I've killed. Instead we have to rely on guides. Even going up to the shade of the person we killed doesn't give us their names or locations or any sort of indicator- as seen here:

dzkywwqerzwq.png

This right here is the first mark on the list from Auridon, Skywatch. After I killed her, her body glew red and appeared in the sanctuary.

And here is the book, interacted with and not looked at from shalidor's library or eidetic memory it does not acknowledge her death/soul being collected.

wcsyl46hvajo.png

I personally feel they should either update the book itself, place the location or name of the mark we've already killed at their shade in the sanctuary, or create some sort of tracking that isn't dependent on third party help such as add-ons or guides. Right now, especially for people who play the game and revisit it, we sometimes forget which ones we've done or haven't done. Helping to track the kills somehow, I feel, would be of great benefit.

If you vote option 3 and something in-game already exists that I am ignorant of, please let me know in the comments.

It kind of updates at the hideout when you kill a mark with a snapshot of their horrified character trying to escape Sithis, but it would be nice if the Litany of Blood was an alive document capable of changing as the marks are murdered
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    This is a QOL poll

dzkywwqerzwq.png

wcsyl46hvajo.png

It kind of updates at the hideout when you kill a mark with a snapshot of their horrified character trying to escape Sithis, but it would be nice if the Litany of Blood was an alive document capable of changing as the marks are murdered

I don't want to pretend I know what I'm talking about here, but while I still want to see the litany of blood update in real time, I realize there may be some technical barriers to overcome... if done properly it would be a book that doesn't add to your lore library past the first and last iteration- kind of like how the other book in the DB hideout acts, otherwise you'd have dozens of copies of the same lore book that would make no one happy. The achievement tracker is a helpful tool to bridge this gap, and I doubt they'll implement the book updating with this in the game and so long after the expansion is released.
    Edited by Dr_Con on 23 September 2022 19:53