Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Consorting with the enemy

evolkerb14_ESO
Since I've been playing I've honestly not been paying much attention to the various alliances. My main character is a Breton sorceror who cares little for politics, and in the course of side questing here and there, became a Hand of Almalexia and saved the King of Windhelm. Since I personally don't have much interest in PvP (and hence journeying to Cyrodiil), I'm not sure this will have an impact on my gaming experience. But I do wonder if 1) there are any practical consequences of saving Morrowind and Eastmarch when my character is from Daggerfall and 2) if my allegiance would or should shift from the Covenant to the Ebonheart Pact.

Perhaps a more direct way to put it is to ask how the alliances are implemented, and if there are penalties for 'aiding the enemy.'
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Your "allegiance" matters simply in Cyrodiil. Anywhere else you go, you can do the quests at your leisure, regardless of if you initially belong to DC, AD, or EP. It's still recommended to go through the zones and complete the stories for your chosen Alliance first, but ultimately nothing says you 100% HAVE to.

It's also worth noting that once you complete the Main Quest, Cadwell's Almanac Silver/Gold will have you traveling to the other two alliances outside of your own in order to check them out anyway. There is no "Aiding the Enemy" penalty, as the Almanac quests are intended to give you the chance to experience the story from "their POV", right up until all three alliances meet to discuss the potential invasion of ColdHarbour.

My advice is to not worry about making any decisions that may or may not affect your primary alliance while going through the other two. Just enjoy it.