The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to get "Formula: Alinor Painting, Unfinished" furnishing recipe?

DinoZavr
DinoZavr
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

Master Recipe List has "Formula: Alinor Painting, Unfinished" added in U35.
Patch notes do not mention this recipe was added to Master Writ vendors,
and, indeed, neither Rolis, nor Faustina offer the recipe.
If the recipe in question was introduced, what are it's sources? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 22 August 2022 23:26
PC EU
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is in one of the folios. I do not see that one listed in the patch notes however
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭
    "Formula: Alinor Painting, Unfinished" ... is it an error? Perhaps datamined? But not actually in the game.

Putting a new recipe in a folio .. oh my. That would be so sad for those of us that have already purchased all the folios with precious writ vouchers. I can't see ZoS doing that.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what i have figured out do far:
    1) The painting itself is in the tables: searching Guild Traders allows to select "Alinor Painting, Unfinished"
    2) There are no sources to get that painting in question, or, at least, i have not found any yet
    3) ESO-HUB indicates the painting is craftable and lists the materials to craft it https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/alinor-painting-unfinished
    4) MRL (the ESO Master Recipes List addon) also includes the formula
    5) The recipe is NOT in the tables, as searching Guild Traders does not allow to select "Formula: Alinor Painting, Unfinished"

So, it is strange.
    My assumption so far is that @ZOS forgot to source the painting (and, maybe, the formula to craft it), while MRL uses a datamined formula.
    Still, my questions still are: if we can obtain the painting, then how? And if Formula does exist how do we get it?
    PC EU
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody found this yet? I'm guessing not since it's not searchable in-game, no data on TTC, etc..

It's now the only plan I don't have in the game. Seems likely it'll need to be added to the other 3 "plans" that are unobtainable (Witches Totem, Antler Charms; Witches Brazier, Primitive Log; and Common Campfire, Outdoor) that are in the same boat. Thus making our collections, when using the ZoS provided lists of obtainable items, incomplete.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Can we get any info on this please?
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Still looking for this recipe. Anyone have any ideas where it is found. Was hoping it was added in the latest patch but still can't find it.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Has anybody found this yet? I'm guessing not since it's not searchable in-game, no data on TTC, etc..

It's now the only plan I don't have in the game. Seems likely it'll need to be added to the other 3 "plans" that are unobtainable (Witches Totem, Antler Charms; Witches Brazier, Primitive Log; and Common Campfire, Outdoor) that are in the same boat. Thus making our collections, when using the ZoS provided lists of obtainable items, incomplete.

I've been slowly working on finishing up Aylied, Dwarven, and Vampiric, but with the addition of Galen, that's a whole new set f plans that I need and have had zero success with farming them. I've looted hundreds of containers and only snagged a handful of green plans. Any tips on where I might farm up the new Galen plans?

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CGPsaint for that spot credits go to @Edenprime. Stealing in Vastyr seems to be the way to go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iQHDjWHJig
    Buying at Guild Traders is a solid option too.
    PC EU
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    @CGPsaint for that spot credits go to @Edenprime. Stealing in Vastyr seems to be the way to go.

Thank you for the response. This is where I've been farming, with very little success! I see that there are a couple of people in my guilds who have gobs of blues and a handful of purples for sale, but all of those were listed 10+ days ago, which is why I'm led to believe that ZOS stealth nerfed the drop rates.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the “Alinor Painting, Unfinished”?
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I decided neither the painting, nor its formula are in the game.
    Addons use datamined information, and despite, it is possible to search Guild Traders for the painting
    there were no actual occurrences. it is not on TTC either.
    PC EU
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this painting?
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    *push*