Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

A Growing List of all New Major Combat Bugs in Update 35 [NOT INCLUDING TOOLTIP BUGS]

• Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for these reports! Will reply to each one below -
    1. Maelstrom Destruction Staves not applying increased damage when switched to the other bar (Inconsistent behaviour with every other piece of arena weapons), making it useless in PvE builds at the moment.

Proof (Courtesy of @zvavi from ESO-U)

jtejci8780ai.png
    We're working on a fix for this and are currently discussing when we can publish the fix. Thanks!

2. Empower buffs still affecting the medium portion of channeled heavy attacks (Lightning and Resto), making medium weaving the optimal choice when using either weapons

Proof (Courtesty of @zvavi from ESO-U)

0mmm4e9xc7xr.png
    This is actually working as designed since channeled ticks are not considered medium attacks.

3. Oakensoul's Empower not working after death unless re-equipped

Proof: Literally in the patch notes

npeb8bubr844.png
    Hmm, we double checked this internally and the workaround mentioned in the patch notes appears to be working, until we have a chance to push out the real fix. Do you have more info on this?

4. Blockade of Elements lasting only 15 seconds despite the patch notes saying that it has been increased by another 10 seconds instead of 4.

Proof: Tooltip in-game and confirmed in casting (Not just a tooltip bug)

v1vfqdwmepwc.png
    jb1im6eo95c6.png
    The patch note for the Blockade morph should state it increases the duration by up to 5 seconds - will edit that post now so it's accurate. But to clarify, it should last for a maximum of 15 seconds without any other sources of increases.

Thanks for this, nothing more for the Oakensoul one, only added on there for completeness.

Could we have a timeline on the vMA staff fix? Is it going to be a hotfix, a weekly fix or something like next patch, I'm leading a prog group, it would be really nice to let my team know if they are going to have to adjust to this bug we have known about since PTS

Right now, we're looking at potentially adding this into the next incremental patch, currently scheduled for the week of Sept 5.
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Thanks for these reports! Will reply to each one below -
    1. Maelstrom Destruction Staves not applying increased damage when switched to the other bar (Inconsistent behaviour with every other piece of arena weapons), making it useless in PvE builds at the moment.

Proof (Courtesy of @zvavi from ESO-U)

jtejci8780ai.png
    We're working on a fix for this and are currently discussing when we can publish the fix. Thanks!

2. Empower buffs still affecting the medium portion of channeled heavy attacks (Lightning and Resto), making medium weaving the optimal choice when using either weapons

Proof (Courtesty of @zvavi from ESO-U)

0mmm4e9xc7xr.png
    This is actually working as designed since channeled ticks are not considered medium attacks.

3. Oakensoul's Empower not working after death unless re-equipped

Proof: Literally in the patch notes

npeb8bubr844.png
    Hmm, we double checked this internally and the workaround mentioned in the patch notes appears to be working, until we have a chance to push out the real fix. Do you have more info on this?

4. Blockade of Elements lasting only 15 seconds despite the patch notes saying that it has been increased by another 10 seconds instead of 4.

Proof: Tooltip in-game and confirmed in casting (Not just a tooltip bug)

v1vfqdwmepwc.png
    jb1im6eo95c6.png
    The patch note for the Blockade morph should state it increases the duration by up to 5 seconds - will edit that post now so it's accurate. But to clarify, it should last for a maximum of 15 seconds without any other sources of increases.

Did the extra damage from Empower on Solar Barrage ever get updated to be the full length of the skill, as stated in the tooltip, rather than falling off after the original duration of 8 seconds?

The UI and CMX show the Empower buff, but the actual damage stops being buffed on the PTS.

Yep, that should be updated to be the full length!

Will the vMA bug be fixed before going live on console?
    Options
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome turnaround :D
    I <3 my inferno
    Options
  • SonOfSoma
    SonOfSoma
    ✭✭✭
    Is the vMA destruction staff bug fixed for todays console patch?
    Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    @SonOfSoma If I remember during their ESO Bethesda stream the other day when they were doing the new dungeons, they had said at the beginning in an announcement that they were fixing the Oakensoul empower falling off bug, the Mara's Balm set was rolling out 50% less healing, and I thought the third thing was the vMA staff not persisting on both bars was being fixed, but I'm not 100% on the third one.

I don't recall them putting that into text on the forums.....which is a bit odd, but they did state it in the stream.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
    Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Actually if they did nerf Mara's Balm healing by 50%, it's not evident in the patch notes. Hmm....
    Characters:

Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno on the recent Bethesda stream you had mentioned that there were 3 things being fixed in the console update, but the patch notes don't reflect them? Can you confirm/deny whether those 3 things made it into the patch?
    Characters:

Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I tried testing these 3 things to confirm:

To the best of my knowledge, I'm not losing Empower after dying? I tested with a 2h Oakensoul PvE toon and did 13,600 on my fully charged heavy attack on a Public Dungeon Boss (or 23k crit), purposefully died to the boss, then when I rez'd I still had the icon on my buff bar and did the 13,600 again.

I obviously don't have Mara's Balm yet though the blue colour tooltip in Collections->Sets menu suggets a 985 tooltip, so I think it may have seen the healing reduction that was stated.

I'm fairly sure on testing that vMA wall of elements is keeping it's added damage on both bars. I did a very quick test on some adds in Vvardenfell and it seemed like it was keeping the dmg.

Characters:

Options