Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"A Harrowing Sea Voyage"

RuneHunter
RuneHunter
Soul Shriven
So I started playing high isle and I was reading bookshelves and I came across this book. It describes that the sailors while sailing from high rock back to high isle they saw the shadow of a creature so huge that the ocean was covered in darkness and they saw a huge green bright eye looking up at them from beneath the darkness of the ocean. Is this part of the story or side quest down the line? If not, are there any more sources of the type of creatures that are in the ocean? I know they have the sea serpents I think they are called but what wondering what else. I have fear of the deep sea lol. Here is the link for the book https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:A_Harrowing_Sea_Voyage
Edited by RuneHunter on 29 July 2022 23:13
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RuneHunter wrote: »
    So I started playing high isle and I was reading bookshelves and I came across this book. It describes that the sailors while sailing from high rock back to high isle they saw the shadow of a creature so huge that the ocean was covered in darkness and they saw a huge green bright eye looking up at them from beneath the darkness of the ocean. Is this part of the story or side quest down the line? If not, are there any more sources of the type of creatures that are in the ocean? I know they have the sea serpents I think they are called but what wondering what else. I have fear of the deep sea lol. Here is the link for the book https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:A_Harrowing_Sea_Voyage

I'd argue that it was probably a creature of Hermaeus Mora, black and green being his staple colors, if not some kind of avatar of him, seeing as he's been seen as a sea god of sorts.

It left the whole crew alive so my guess was that it just either happened to see them while passing by, or it wanted to see them to know who was sailing on it's waters (this one only works if its origin is Hermaeus Mora imo).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has nothing to do with daedra at all, but is instead referring to the mysterious leviathan Ithguleoir, a giant creature that roams the Eltheric Ocean. .

• Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    the leviathan Ithguleoir (I had to look him up :)) had a stench though that I think would have been noticed or told of in this tale.. so I do think it might be Hermaeus Mora or a creature of Hermaeus Mora as well.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ithguleoir
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would Hermaeus Mora be doing in the middle of the ocean? Study marine life? Look for his lost home in a city of weird geometry?
    PC/EU
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Seeking memories I imagine..

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Water_Magic
    Edited by Eporem on 9 August 2022 18:22
  • ZazikelsShadow
    ZazikelsShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...Interesting. I dunno if you're familiar with the Summerset cinematic trailer. Where the elf girl's by talking about a nightmare she had, and at the end of it she's thrown off a cliff into the ocean by a gryphon. As she sinks down into the water, you see a very large....something, rising from the depths. Something very similar to the creature described here. ever since I first saw that scene I've been trying to figure out what exactly it was, but I think it may be the creature this story is referencing... I could also be completely wrong, and if I am please let me know, but it's the best theory I got atm.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...Interesting. I dunno if you're familiar with the Summerset cinematic trailer. Where the elf girl's by talking about a nightmare she had, and at the end of it she's thrown off a cliff into the ocean by a gryphon. As she sinks down into the water, you see a very large....something, rising from the depths. Something very similar to the creature described here. ever since I first saw that scene I've been trying to figure out what exactly it was, but I think it may be the creature this story is referencing... I could also be completely wrong, and if I am please let me know, but it's the best theory I got atm.

I think what was in the depths was not really a creature but a vision of the shadows she had of the three Daedra that would appear with the Summerset chapter. It is very blurry in those depths but you can make out the Dogs head with the blue eye - Clavicus Vile dog , feathers of a crow - Nocturnal and spider legs - Mephala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Z4dbgE704

after watching it again - can anyone make out what Razum-dar says at the end to her.. something about hunters?

Edited by Eporem on 30 August 2022 17:03
  • ZazikelsShadow
    ZazikelsShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    I think what was in the depths was not really a creature but a vision of the shadows she had of the three Daedra that would appear with the Summerset chapter. It is very blurry in those depths but you can make out the Dogs head with the blue eye - Clavicus Vile dog , feathers of a crow - Nocturnal and spider legs - Mephala.

Huh,.... ya know, now that you mention it and I've gone back and closely watched that part again, You're right. That is what it appears to be.... that's actually really cool. I slowed it down this time and watched really closely and could clearly make out giant Barbas head surrounded by crow feathers.... Mystery solved I guess lol
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I found myself watching it again too:) and wonder now if it was Vaermina that gave her this vision since she called it a nightmare, but I think the other Daedric princes were not allowed to interfere with mortals during this time so maybe this vision was from Auri-el because of the symbol she had in her hand when she woke.
    Edited by Eporem on 30 August 2022 21:14
  • ZazikelsShadow
    ZazikelsShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I had considered that Vaermina might be involved too in the beginning because of the nightmare thing. I'm honestly kinda surprised she wasn't. Woulda been the perfect opportunity to throw her into the mix as well.
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    I found myself watching it again too:) and wonder now if it was Vaermina that gave her this vision since she called it a nightmare, but I think the other Daedric princes were not allowed to interfere with mortals during this time so maybe this vision was from Auri-el because of the symbol she had in her hand when she woke.

For all the "non-meddling" that the Daedric Princes were bound by, they do an AWFUL lot of meddling during this time period. I assume that's all thanks to the Soulburst and Planemeld.