The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Meticulous Disassembly worth investing in, if you have 3/3 in all Extraction?

JMadFour
JMadFour
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have 3/3 in all of the Extraction skills, Wood/Metal/Cloth/Jewelry/Runestone.

I am curious if in my case, Meticulous Disassembly would be worth the 50 champion points, or if it is overkill/wasted.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know if anyone has done any testing to see just what you gain from it, but I suspect a lot of players are like me and have more than enough CP to invest in it.

If you ask people what their favorite slottables for crafting are, it always comes up high in the list.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    JMadFour wrote: »
    So I have 3/3 in all of the Extraction skills, Wood/Metal/Cloth/Jewelry/Runestone.

I am curious if in my case, Meticulous Disassembly would be worth the 50 champion points, or if it is overkill/wasted.

Yes, the difference comes when you want to extract style components from gear or gold level materials during deconstruction. But you only need to have it slotted for the once a day or so you might engage in these activities.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. MD is worth slotting. I tested it when it was introduced. I've been keeping stats on refining since it's been in game. Both are statistically higher than without it.

All the data is in the spreadsheet linked in my signature.

(It likely multiplies your improvements material drop rate by 1.125, at least that is what all my data is centering on)
    Edited by tmbrinks on 18 July 2022 19:57
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy the ragpicker. She seems to have better disassembly than I do
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know if anyone has done any testing to see just what you gain from it, but I suspect a lot of players are like me and have more than enough CP to invest in it.

If you ask people what their favorite slottables for crafting are, it always comes up high in the list.

The slottable in the green tree is a foolish waste of time. An annoying feature.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The slottable in the green tree is a foolish waste of time. An annoying feature.

There are lots of players that would disagree with you. Especially tmbrinks who actually has lots of data to back up his statements.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect FlopsyPrince did not intend his statement to be meant as "the benefits of the green tree slottables are a waste of time". I'm guessing he's just more frustrated (as are many people) with the number of slottables and the need to frequently change them to get benefits out of common activities, like picking up a node.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I suspect FlopsyPrince did not intend his statement to be meant as "the benefits of the green tree slottables are a waste of time". I'm guessing he's just more frustrated (as are many people) with the number of slottables and the need to frequently change them to get benefits out of common activities, like picking up a node.

Exactly this!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly this!

Oh sorry. I read that as “slotting Meticulous Disassembly is a waste of time”.

I am unhappy about the green tree situation so I just slot 4 and leave them and deal with the consequences mostly. It’s not like I have a shortage of cp at this point (1979 right now) but that I don’t want to stop and change them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly this!

I am unhappy about the green tree situation so I just slot 4 and leave them and deal with the consequences mostly. It’s not like I have a shortage of cp at this point (1979 right now) but that I don’t want to stop and change them.

I basically do the same. The limit of 4 slotted ones is still annoying however.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having MD slotted matters, @tmbrinks research has confirmed it.
    About micro management: it just sucks.
    Most of the green tree's stars should be passives.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly this!

Eh...it doesn't really take that much time/effort to adjust them when needed, but I agree that it's annoying enough that I don't do it that much. I have 4 that are slotted all the time, and then the first slot is the one I'll adjust when needed, swapping out MD for the "speedy harvest" passive when I'm out adventuring and collecting mats, and the Infamous (I think that's what it's called) passive when I go to an outlaw's refuge. I've just trained myself to always check if I have the MD passive active before I use a crafting station.

I'd love for more of the green stars to be passives - or all of them, as I agree it doesn't make much sense for that tree, which has little to do with combat, and thus the 4-star restriction so that players have to make meaningful build choices is pointless.