Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How would you feel about automatic light attack weaving?

• ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id love automatic light attacks.
    YES !!!
    we need this, all who voted no you are wrong

if we started to f... up this game, so lets do it to the end!!!!!

remember we will end up mobile ESO one day, with one tap idiotic mechanics

@ZOS_RichLambert
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.

ANY extra clicking just adds to the pain. I actually have a foot button installed on my wall under my computer to press for Sprint with my big toe just to reduce the load on my hands. I also tend to press too hard in tense combat situations, which I feel later as pain radiating up from my fingers into my neck. I don't button mash, but I do weave, although I've only really learned a good rotation on my main (a stamsorc) and not my alts.

And yes, most of the game does put strain on me. I don't play many hours due to that (except for decorating houses, that doesn't put much strain on me, lol). I rarely run 4-mans, and mostly only do Normals. I run Normal trials once or twice a week with my guilds. And I don't PvP unless it's a guild event. Even if they do add auto-attack LAs, I'm going to be hurting still. But... it might be better?

LOL, whatever, I really don't care if they do or not, I just answered the survey. I think reduced damage and sustain auto-LAs would be a good middle-ground, and it wouldn't affect the people who want to keep manual LAs going for all the extra damage goodness.
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    It would defeat the purpose of having them entirely, basically just adding free proc damage. And it would make combat less engaging with less to do.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every decent keyboard on the planet has macros built in.

Keydown = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Keyup = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Cycle

Anyone can do this why not just make it part of the UI.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I don't want the game making combat choices for me.
    PCNA
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »
    Every decent keyboard on the planet has macros built in.

Keydown = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Keyup = lmb
    Wait = .4 sec
    Cycle

Anyone can do this why not just make it part of the UI.

You can get Punished for using macros.

...I think
    Edited by francesinhalover on 15 July 2022 04:39
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just implement a /kill command that kills all enemies in the area. Including trial bosses of course. All that clicking is way too tedious.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want light attack weaving removed.
    I am of the opinion that they need to get rid of light attack weaving as the meta.

Or, preferably, fix the servers so that light attack weaving actually works... But idk if that will happen at this point.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea if automatic Light attacks have a downside for being used.
    A toggle you can turn on / off? I think having it with a penalty (30-50% damage reduction?) would work.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea if automatic Light attacks have a downside for being used.

...I think

In theory it might be against the ToS but loads of people do it, and the current technology can put a bit of randomness in and do it entirely in the keyboard or a Pi or similar between the PC and keyboard.

Putting an option into the accessibility that gave you reasonable auto-light-attack wouldn't be a bad thing. Good enough to play the game, bad enough that doing it by hand is worthwhile.

Although for U35 solo depending how much PTS changes I imagine taping down the block button will be a better option than bothering to light attck in casual solo play.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...I think

In theory it might be against the ToS but loads of people do it, and the current technology can put a bit of randomness in and do it entirely in the keyboard or a Pi or similar between the PC and keyboard.

Putting an option into the accessibility that gave you reasonable auto-light-attack wouldn't be a bad thing. Good enough to play the game, bad enough that doing it by hand is worthwhile.

Although for U35 solo depending how much PTS changes I imagine taping down the block button will be a better option than bothering to light attck in casual solo play.

Would be cool if they increased light attack speed
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    This game would feel like a mobile game if they did that.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    have not seen the update yet so i would not know..
    have to see how it is first before judging it..
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Nah.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    also alot people are asuming or just dont like anything that game does anyways over the years i noticed people trolling moaning and just being dam rude to people..
    the thing is this mighthelp the game or we will have to see if people dont like it after the update..
    maybe it will help to bring more multiplying back into a online game..people wanna go play solo games there is plenty of them look the new skyrim game and other games are coming out if wanna play solo in eso fine but let the multiplayer people have .. fun too
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having come from an MMO where auto-attacks were a thing, it shocked me that ESO didn't have them. It should be a toggle in Combat Options, and provide 50% of the damage and sustain of manual light attacks (and would obviously not animation-cancel, so you'll be getting MUCH less damage than the people actually doing it manually).

Look, I just want to be lazy. And also not exacerbate the pains in my wrist, elbow, and neck from playing too much.

This is not nagging, but a real question, how does exactly LA Weaving gives you wrist, elbow and neck pain exactly ?
    How exactly timing left clicks are giving you this ? I don't get it. If this is giving you such problems, then anything in the game or any game actually going to put strain on you.
    This is a legit question.
    I think most people just don't get what is LA weaving and they just spam mindlessly left mouse for CPS and then "good" stuffs happen to them.

ANY extra clicking just adds to the pain. I actually have a foot button installed on my wall under my computer to press for Sprint with my big toe just to reduce the load on my hands. I also tend to press too hard in tense combat situations, which I feel later as pain radiating up from my fingers into my neck. I don't button mash, but I do weave, although I've only really learned a good rotation on my main (a stamsorc) and not my alts.

And yes, most of the game does put strain on me. I don't play many hours due to that (except for decorating houses, that doesn't put much strain on me, lol). I rarely run 4-mans, and mostly only do Normals. I run Normal trials once or twice a week with my guilds. And I don't PvP unless it's a guild event. Even if they do add auto-attack LAs, I'm going to be hurting still. But... it might be better?

LOL, whatever, I really don't care if they do or not, I just answered the survey. I think reduced damage and sustain auto-LAs would be a good middle-ground, and it wouldn't affect the people who want to keep manual LAs going for all the extra damage goodness.

for you they can implement AI(Artificial Intelligence) so AI can play instead of you. You can eat your pizza in front of your PC.... and watch the stream of mobile game....
    holy moly...
    @Cloudtrader
  • brylars
    brylars
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    If I wanted auto attack I would be playing a game that did that to be honest. The combat system of ESO is unique. It would be a shame if they went mainstream. Then what would make ESO different than the rest?
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea! Such a big yes!

Potentially this could become the biggest QoL improvement!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I don't want the game to play for me.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Learn to weave. Takes minutes of your time, albeit a long time to master. But, that's where playing your class, understanding animations and cancelling and the maturation process take over. Who doesn't want to learn everything about their character and play style? Who doesn't want to grow as a player? Combat in this game is more unique than any other MMO out there. If you take that away, the identity and fabric of ESO is slowly ripped apart and we start getting compared to all the other flavor of the month MMO's out there.

I get we have handicapped players, but there are builds for those folks to minimize the need for weaving.
    I get we have people with arthritis. I'm sorry you are dealing with that, but find the best possible build that works for you, find a flexible guild, or get carries if you need to for more advanced content. Or find a casual guild that is ok with subpar builds/doesn't have requirements.
    You have options to become better. I find it hard to believe that the population that has physical limitations playing the game is even above 5%, or 10% at most. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I own that. But, prove me wrong if so.

The larger audience of this game needs to stop being so lazy, stop making excuses, and spend time parsing if they want to do high end content. Sorry, not sorry.

• JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    I am Heavy Attaker ! I do not even care about your LA and how you do it.

Give me my DPS back !

:smile:
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    This game needs a PROPER tutorial to teach people how to use light attacks effectively. If you can't do it using keyboard and mouse - try a gamepad. The movement, combat and light attacking gets so much easier when you do.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    It sound as agressive marketing promotion of some bad goods no one wants )))
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends

While holding a bow, weaving light attacks with endless hail, scalding rune, caltrops, lightweight trap, and shadow silk is pretty terrible. It adds around 200ms between skills. If an auto attack fixes that, and is also a toggle , I’d go for it.

But I suspect it wouldn’t fix it since they can’t seem to fix it anyway, and an archer damage dealer with the auto attack switched on would be dealing a lot lower dps than everyone else, casting their ground cast skills 20% slower
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on 20 July 2022 15:23
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

clearly many want it,
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

than...don't turn it on...
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.

clearly many want it,

59% of this poll do not want it.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

clearly many want it,

59% of this poll do not want it.

So 41% of the people polled have a desire for it which is a significant portion. For accessibility reasons this might be worth considering as an Option.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.
    Hell no, this isn't wow with its "white damage" between facerolling the other 30 abilities. Want tab targetting too?
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea.

clearly many want it,

I talk about tutorial.

I do not really even care whyle HA builds
    manual DPS is good to pass any content, achivment, pvp and etc.

The same for other skilled players on their builds.
    Edited by JustAGoodPlayer on 20 July 2022 15:35
  • cptscotty
    cptscotty
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ESO should actually turn the Light Attack weaving animation canceling bug into an actual feature. Look up Skyforge, Dauntless, and FFXIV for examples of how they tackled this problem. All 3 have different versions of a combo system to tackle the spamming/weaving problem. All are engaging and made purposeful in the game. ESO seems like it is designed to have this type of system in place but like it never went through with it.