The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it a waste?

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
Is it a waste to give extra furniture plans, recipes and the like to give them to Alts? Does it add anything to the alts? I have one main that does all the heavy lifting for crafting and gets first take on anything new but I wonder if I should vendor the rest of this or join a guild or give it to my alts.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    learning on multiple toons helps if you dont like switching toons just to do a craft

but there are a lot of valuable furnishing blueprints that are worth a lot to sell (mainly purple ones) that might make sense to be selling on a guild store
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Years ago I had a cutoff where if the furnishing plan/motif page was going for less than 10k I would just pass it on to my alts. That was before AWA.

I have no idea if the game can even tell if my first alt gets grand master crafter now but I still do this. I only have one trading guild, though. If all my alts know it then I drop it in a guild bank.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of passing on anything below 10K and checking on purple recipes to see if worth selling. That's a gives me guide lines to work with.

Thanks.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of passing on anything below 10K and checking on purple recipes to see if worth selling. That's a gives me guide lines to work with.

Thanks.

Well that value can be more or less for your personal taste. You might be content to sell plans for less but I only have one trading guild and cannot store a lot of plans for future sale.

Generally purple furnishing plans for the latest chapter are the most sought after and most expensive. After the game moves on to a new area, those prices drop rather drastically, due to being available from random furnishing envelopes from the writ guy and his assistant. Some still hold good value like Redguard and of course Telvanni furnishing plans (not the racial motif pages). Others I can rarely get 20k or even less when I sell them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA