The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please help, none of my addons work

Wuggums47
Wuggums47
✭✭
I have downloaded a number of addons through a program called minion. When I open up the game and click addons, they are all there and most of them are up to date. All of them are set to be accessible to all characters. When I play the game, none of these addons function. What am I doing wrong?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see them in the addon manager ingame it's at least installing the addons to the correct folder.
    After login press Esc, go to the addon menu and check that they are enabled and their dependencies are enabled to!
    Did you read the addon description and followed it, did you use the addon ingame settings menu to enable them too? Esc, settings, addons

Helping forum threads at the addon website:
    https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell us some of the addons you're using?

That will make it easier for us to figure out if they're working and what you might need to do to get them working, and to give you ways to check. A lot of addons are not immediately obvious because they're designed to blend into the default UI or only show up in certain situations so unless you know what to look for it's easy to miss them. Some are completely invisible.

Having said that one thing you should definitely check if whether any of them have any dependancies. These are other addons (usually lib files) which an addon needs to run. If you haven't installed those it won't work, even if the addon itself is installed correctly. The addon menu in-game will tell you which dependancies each addon has, then you just need to find and install those the same way.
    Edited by Danikat on 4 July 2022 23:06
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    The addons I'm using are:

Harven's Improved skills window
    Harvestmap
    Lorebooks
    Lost Treasure
    Raidnotifier updated
    skyshards
    urichs skill point finder
    Votan's improved locations
    Votan's improved quests
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of the directories or files in your ESO path read-only? Or can only be written by administrator but not regular user? Or something like that? I have had issues in the past with addons not working because the AddOnSettings.txt was read-only or SavedVariables directory was read-only or whatever.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Also check that Minion is pointing to the correct folder too. Go into Minion, click options and make sure it has the correct addons folder listed

(Think that's covered by what Baetram said above but it's probably worth flagging up again as it has caused issues for a number of our guildies)
    Edited by Holmarion19 on 6 July 2022 10:11
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you download the required libraries?
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Add-ons seem to be working, but after restarting my computer (Win 11) tonight and running Minion, Minion itself claimed that I have no add-ons installed (I actually have lots). So they are working, but will I be able to update them? Something is clearly wrong, but the server went down for maintenance before I could figure out what.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Add-ons seem to be working, but after restarting my computer (Win 11) tonight and running Minion, Minion itself claimed that I have no add-ons installed (I actually have lots). So they are working, but will I be able to update them? Something is clearly wrong, but the server went down for maintenance before I could figure out what.

i think minion likes to point to a different location if you have the microsoft oneDrive enabled, i really hate that so i always keep it disabled and havent had any issues
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not Minion but ESO too which does not like one drive if you enable the backup of your documents folder within One drive's settings.
    Its because OneDrive moves c:/users/... /documents to c:/users/... /onedrive/documents then.

And eso does not look into that folder, but the old one.

If you want to find the correct folder for your addons check the links in my first post above, they explain how to find the correct folder via taking a screenshot ingame for example.
    Edited by Baertram on 6 July 2022 19:03
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I suspected One Drive was the problem, since I also just re-enabled that yesterday for backing up some stuff. I haven’t had a chance yet today to get back to my gaming machine, but when I do I’ll try to fix the directory pointing issue.